What You See Is What You Get!
Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ok...my goal for tonight is to go for a walk outside using the new Leslie Sansone CD I just got last week. I haven't tried it out yet but the rain has stopped, the sun is out (at least right now) and my mom doesn't need my help tonight! Soooo....I'm going to give it a shot tonight...

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Well, I did the 2 1/2 mile walk with the new CD...but I'm not sure I like it...it actually took me 10 minutes longer to cover the same distance. Parts of the music just seemed very slow to me and I can usually cover the same distance in 30 minutes and keeping pace with the music it took me 40 minutes...so I'm not sure I'll be using it on a regular basis...

I was proud of myself for going though because it looked like rain but I went anyways and I finished before the rain started! :clap:

It's raining today so I'm planning on doing the Walk and Kick DVD inside tonight...

Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I did the 30 minute walk and kick video last night! :clap: I really like that one! :thumbsup:

Tonight I have bible study so I won't get home until around 9:00 pm so I probably won't exercise tonight...
GREAT!!!!!!!! I love the walk and kick video!!!

Hi Dluvs2trvl!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad to see you!!!

Last night I did the 4 mile power walk, only I did the last 3 miles. I didn't do the first slow mile with Leslie and Florentine from weight watchers.

How are you doing ? How is your mom doing?

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi Karen :wave:

Good for you for doing 3 miles! That is awesome! :clap:

I'm hanging in there...my car broke down yesterday and had to be towed to the shop but it should be fixed today...the timing belt broke...

Mom is doing better. She had her appt with the orthopedist yesterday and was encouraged...he is not going to do surgery - said it was borderline but he didn't feel he would improve it much by doing surgery...he was impressed with what she is able to do at this point and is going to re-check her in 2 weeks and will probably start her on physical therapy then...

She is still in pain but it is getting better...she isn't taking as many pain meds so that shows improvement...

Thanks so much for asking and remembering :hug::hug::hug:

Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi Karen :wave:

Good for you for doing 3 miles! That is awesome! :clap:

I'm hanging in there...my car broke down yesterday and had to be towed to the shop but it should be fixed today...the timing belt broke...

Mom is doing better. She had her appt with the orthopedist yesterday and was encouraged...he is not going to do surgery - said it was borderline but he didn't feel he would improve it much by doing surgery...he was impressed with what she is able to do at this point and is going to re-check her in 2 weeks and will probably start her on physical therapy then...

She is still in pain but it is getting better...she isn't taking as many pain meds so that shows improvement...

Thanks so much for asking and remembering :hug::hug::hug:
that physical therapy can work wonders for some people so maybe it will really help your mom out a lot! I will keep her in my prayers.

sorry to hear that your car broke down, that is one of my biggest fears having my car break down. Timing belt problems is a serious thing, hope they can fix it.

I don't know if I will go on the treadmill tonight or do a video yet. I'm having my son Jonathan over for supper so I want to get my exercise in before he comes over.

Talk to you soon!!!

Upvote 0

4Everloved

Legend
Apr 18, 2007
Tennessee, USA
✟36,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
By exercising aerobically at least 4 times a week and cutting down on food portion size, I have lost 10 pounds since Thanksgiving of 07. Well, I know that is achingly slow...it come out to 2 lbs per month...but still I needed to lose it from having my last baby (he'll be 3 in June). I would like to lose 5 more pounds. That should take me at least 2 more months!^_^ :p

When I do the Leslie Sansone workouts, my little guy does get under my feet alot and I really have to watch myself. Or otherwise, he demands for me to 'get him a drink, play on the computer with him, play cars with him, etc. So...the treadmill, which is out in the laundry room, or walking outside are better alternatives for now...if my teenage daughter or husband are available to watch the little one. He's very active and I'm potty training him too. That keeps me running back and forth, lol.

I prefer the Leslie workout to the treadmill...but we have only one t.v. and our living room is small with a 2 year old running all over it. I give him two 15 oz. pop bottles that are empty so he can pretend he has 2 lb weights. He's not fooled though. He really wants my weights and he won't stop asking for them. I'm afraid he'll drop one on his feet!:eek:

Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
By exercising aerobically at least 4 times a week and cutting down on food portion size, I have lost 10 pounds since Thanksgiving of 07. Well, I know that is achingly slow...it come out to 2 lbs per month...but still I needed to lose it from having my last baby (he'll be 3 in June). I would like to lose 5 more pounds. That should take me at least 2 more months!^_^ :p

When I do the Leslie Sansone workouts, my little guy does get under my feet alot and I really have to watch myself. Or otherwise, he demands for me to 'get him a drink, play on the computer with him, play cars with him, etc. So...the treadmill, which is out in the laundry room, or walking outside are better alternatives for now...if my teenage daughter or husband are available to watch the little one. He's very active and I'm potty training him too. That keeps me running back and forth, lol.

I prefer the Leslie workout to the treadmill...but we have only one t.v. and our living room is small with a 2 year old running all over it. I give him two 15 oz. pop bottles that are empty so he can pretend he has 2 lb weights. He's not fooled though. He really wants my weights and he won't stop asking for them. I'm afraid he'll drop one on his feet!:eek:
Hi 4Ever!!
I remember when my son was 2 and I would try to exercise!!! I would put him in the play pen with all my pots and pans or in the high chair with some of those baby cookies and some fruit loops!
Back then I only did toning exercises though.
Sounds like you are doing very good with your weight loss.......taking it nice and slow!
Great to see you again!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Karen - you are soooooo awesome and so dedicated!!! :hug: :clap: :hug:

I haven't done as well as you! I did work really hard at cleaning my house though and it was a good work out! :D

Ok...I really need to buckle down and get into a routine of working out!!!

Upvote 0

Karen1959

Legend
Jun 6, 2007
Illinois
✟40,188.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Karen - you are soooooo awesome and so dedicated!!! :hug: :clap: :hug:

I haven't done as well as you! I did work really hard at cleaning my house though and it was a good work out! :D

Ok...I really need to buckle down and get into a routine of working out!!!
thanks d!!!!!!!!!!

cleaning the house burns off lots of calories. I do my cleaning on Saturdays but I usually don't feel like doing it!!! LOL!

glad to hear your mom's arm is healing well!

Upvote 0