usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Interesting OP. Coulda done without the slabs of Bible quotes.
Let's Call a Spade a Spade
:thumbsup: Sodomy ME: from med. L. sodomia, from late L. peccatum Sodomiticum 'sin of Sodom' (after Gen. 19:5, which implies that the men of Sodom practised homosexual rape). © Oxford University Press, 2004
Sodomy is a term used in the law to describe the act of "unnatural" sex, which depending on jurisdiction can consist of oral sex or anal sex or any non-genital to genital congress, whether heterosexual, or homosexual, or with human or animal. Lev 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

23 Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.

Jud 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

1Ki 14:24 And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Eph 5:12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Let's Call a Spade a Spade
:thumbsup: Sodomy ME: from med. L. sodomia, from late L. peccatum Sodomiticum 'sin of Sodom' (after Gen. 19:5, which implies that the men of Sodom practised homosexual rape). © Oxford University Press, 2004
Sodomy is a term used in the law to describe the act of "unnatural" sex, which depending on jurisdiction can consist of oral sex or anal sex or any non-genital to genital congress, whether heterosexual, or homosexual, or with human or animal. Lev 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

23 Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.

Jud 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

1Ki 14:24 And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Eph 5:12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
I don't know about you, but Christ released ME from blind observance of OC law.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'll just stick this right here for any who want to read up on a diffrent take on scriptures.
You can stick it anywhere you want but it does not ANNUL what the Bible says and you must not understand the idea of repentance. That is for each individual to grasp and we do not condemn the homosexual/lesbian himself/herself, but we do condemn the ACT or the Open snub of the commandments of God by an act of so-called marriage.

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

So you must wash daily or........

Sodomy ME: from med. L. sodomia, from late L. peccatum Sodomiticum 'sin of Sodom' (after Gen. 19:5, which implies that the men of Sodom practised homosexual rape). © Oxford University Press, 2004

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
You can stick it anywhere you want but it does not ANNUL what the Bible says and you must not understand the idea of repentance. That is for each individual to grasp and we do not condemn the homosexual/lesbian himself/herself, but we do condemn the ACT or the Open snub of the commandments of God by an act of so-called marriage.

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

So you must wash daily or........

Sodomy ME: from med. L. sodomia, from late L. peccatum Sodomiticum 'sin of Sodom' (after Gen. 19:5, which implies that the men of Sodom practised homosexual rape). © Oxford University Press, 2004

So, you missed that whole new covenant thing, huh?

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
:doh:Eph 5:12* For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

That is from the Whole New Covenant as well as Jud 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Upvote 0

goodnewsinc

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
✟72,703.00
Faith
Christian
What is the point in selecting scriptures that describe how much certain sins stink before God? The AMOUNT OF NASTINESS has no power to diminish capability and ERASING power in Jesus' blood.

The purpose of the Father in sending ONE SON with the right degree of LOVE in him, shows why Father did not send any of you flawed "judges" to ATONE FOR ALL MEN IN ALL TIMES! Looking at all the children He created on the 4th Creation Day, Father found one Lamb to be his salvation to the end of the earth. And he does not have any of your names! His name is Jesus! No sin can escape the cleansing power in the blood. The sins you committed in your entire lifetime cannot escape Jesus' ERASER. All the sins of LGBT throughout human history cannot avoid being ERASED and given to oblivion. If you think you know of some sins that Jesus cannot and did not wash away 2000 years ago before we were born to commit any, please speak up NOW and reveal them.

Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Jeremiah 50:20 In those days, and in that time, saith the LORD, the iniquity of Israel shall be sought for, and there shall be none; and the sins of Judah, and they shall not be found: for I will pardon them whom I reserve.

2 Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Isaiah 49:5 And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength. 6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth. 7 Thus saith the LORD, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the LORD that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee. 8 Thus saith the LORD, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages; 9 That thou mayest say to the prisoners, Go forth; to them that are in darkness, Shew yourselves. They shall feed in the ways, and their pastures shall be in all high places. 10 They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for he that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall he guide them.

Isaiah 66:18 For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory. 21 And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD. 22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Jeremiah 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Glorify God!
God did it! :thumbsup::amen::clap:

Upvote 0

goodnewsinc

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
✟72,703.00
Faith
Christian
Matthew 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: 15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Matthew 18:23 Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants. 24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents. 25 But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made. 26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. 27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt. 28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest. 29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. 30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt. 31 So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done. 32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me: 33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee? 34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him. 35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

And some of you hypcrites better START FORGIVING LGBT's FROM YOUR HEART if you want to please Father. He can read you like an open book!

Glorify God!

Upvote 0

sniperelite7

Jun 13, 2005
✟15,740.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
The point is that proper exegesis of scripture will lead one to a vastly different perspective of homosexuality than what bible thumpers shove out.

Reading the Bible in a vacuum and then raping into it what you want it too say is not responsible. Your unwillingness to understand is testimony to that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What is the point in selecting scriptures that describe how much certain sins stink before God? The AMOUNT OF NASTINESS has no power to diminish capability and ERASING power in Jesus' blood.
Yes God is merciful, however there is one requirement for a learners permit:
Mat 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

Mat 9:13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Upvote 0

Soulgazer

Christian Gnostic
Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
✟19,403.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, and Iran doesn't have any Gays either. People are not just straight or gay. It's not a black and white world. There is a whole rainbow. You can be 99% straight, 90% straight, 100% Gay or any combination you care to speak. If a person, is 100% Gay, then they are as God made them, for whatever reason. Probably to test us to see if we will still love them or not.

There are Gay horses, cattle, dogs and birds. If God is REALLY in charge of nature(and I personally believe the responsibility was given to nature), He should have stipulated to the little queenie that He didn't want her to produce Gays if He didn't want them.

Yes, I read the Bible, but it is not God. Word of God? Paul didn't think so when He said we just see through a glass darkly. It is what it is, and Gays are not going to go away. To rail at something that can't be helped just means we make ourselves anti-christ.

I trust God. If He wants somebody to change, He'll tell 'em. Paul couldn't get away. What He said to us was not to judge, meaning not to judge others. All we can do is judge ourselves. In fact, that's OUR job----to clean the inside of the cup, and not pray where people can see us, but in secret. As soon as you open your mouth to call someone else a sinner, you call "the king" a sinner. Cup of water and all that.

Upvote 0

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know about you, but Christ released ME from blind observance of OC law.

What is OC law? You can't give any excuses like that for Sins. Homosexuality is a Sin.

What's your point? We are under new covenant, are we then to go on sinning? Look here:

Romans 6:1-10
1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

Hebrews 12:28
Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

We need to repent and confess Sins, those two go hand in hand:

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

2 Corinthians 7:10
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

Luke 13:5
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

The purpose of the Father in sending ONE SON with the right degree of LOVE in him, shows why Father did not send any of you flawed "judges" to ATONE FOR ALL MEN IN ALL TIMES! Looking at all the children He created on the 4th Creation Day, Father found one Lamb to be his salvation to the end of the earth. And he does not have any of your names! His name is Jesus! No sin can escape the cleansing power in the blood. The sins you committed in your entire lifetime cannot escape Jesus' ERASER. All the sins of LGBT throughout human history cannot avoid being ERASED and given to oblivion. If you think you know of some sins that Jesus cannot and did not wash away 2000 years ago before we were born to commit any, please speak up NOW and reveal them.

You don't know the real gospel. I'm praying for you that your blind eyes and deaf ears will be opened and that you will be convicted.

Ask Ananias and Sapphira in Acts 5, about their PRE-FORGIVEN sin. All our "future sins" aren't forgiven. We have to confess and repent!

You are deceived, I see that on your posts. You have to understand we have to repent of Sins.

Don't you understand that Jesus came to set us free from the Power of Sin and Death?

Romans 6:1-2
1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Matthew 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: 15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Matthew 18:23 Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants. 24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents. 25 But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made. 26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. 27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt. 28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest. 29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. 30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt. 31 So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done. 32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me: 33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee? 34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him. 35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

And some of you hypcrites better START FORGIVING LGBT's FROM YOUR HEART if you want to please Father. He can read you like an open book!

Glorify God!

Forgive them for what? Unless they have done something to us personally. You misinterpret the verses.

I am done here now for real. I feel grieved inside when reading posts like these.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Probably to test us to see if we will still love them or not.
Gee, all he did was burn incense so I wonder where AIDS came from? 2 Chronicles 26:16 But when he was strong his heart was lifted up, to his destruction, for he transgressed against the LORD his God by entering the temple of the LORD to burn incense on the altar of incense.

20 And Azariah the chief priest, and all the priests, looked upon him, and, behold, he was leprous in his forehead, and they thrust him out from thence; yea, himself hasted also to go out, because the LORD had smitten him.

21 And Uzziah the king was a leper unto the day of his death, and dwelt in a several house, being a leper; for he was cut off from the house of the LORD: and Jotham his son was over the king's house, judging the people of the land.
Yes, I read the Bible, but it is not God. Word of God? Paul didn't think so when He said we just see through a glass darkly. It is what it is, and Gays are not going to go away. To rail at something that can't be helped just means we make ourselves anti-christ.
You ask but you ask amiss: Pro 1:24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; 25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. 28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: :29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: 30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
I trust God. If He wants somebody to change, He'll tell 'em. Paul couldn't get away. What He said to us was not to judge, meaning not to judge others.
1Co 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Upvote 0

goodnewsinc

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
✟72,703.00
Faith
Christian
Hosea 13:14 I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.

Psalm 139:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. 2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. 3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. 4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.

Luke 15:18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, 19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants. 20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him. 21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son. 22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: 23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry: 24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

Every so-called "sinner" among men gets the "prodigal son" treatment. I have made bold the words that interest you. Are you happy now? The Word stands!

Glorify God!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hosea 13:14 I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.

Reformation Study Bible Commentary:

13:14 Compassion is hidden from my eyes. The Hebrew for “pity” can have the sense of “repentance” or “regret.” God will not “repent” (i.e., change His mind) of His intention to vanquish death for His people.

The verse you gave does not imply that repentance is not needed. Since that would contradict other verses, and Jesus own teachings, and the Word of God doesn't contradict itself.

You are just looking for loopholes.

2 Peter 3:16
As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Galatians 6:7-8
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

“practicing righteousness” is the evidence of being born again:

And now, little children, abide in Him, so that when He appears, we may have confidence and not shrink away from Him in shame at His coming. If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone also who practices righteousness is born of Him (1 John 2:28-29, emphasis added).

1 John 3:7-10
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

He who practices righteousness [who is upright, conforming to the divine will in purpose, thought, and action, living a consistently conscientious life] is righteous, even as He is righteous.

[But] he who commits sin [who practices evildoing] is of the devil [takes his character from the evil one],

Luke 15:18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, 19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants. 20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him. 21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son. 22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: 23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry: 24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

Every so-called "sinner" among men gets the "prodigal son" treatment. I have made bold the words that interest you. Are you happy now? The Word stands!

Glorify God!

WRONG.

Lets go back a bit:

Luke 15:9-10
9 And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost.
10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

The Prodigal Son Repented! When prodigal son turned toward home and then his father came to meet him, otherwise his father would have let him die in his filth.

1 Peter 2:24
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

He came to deliver us from the Power of Sin and death, to reconcile us!

Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 8:9-15
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Gee, all he did was burn incense so I wonder where AIDS came from? 2 Chronicles 26:16 But when he was strong his heart was lifted up, to his destruction, for he transgressed against the LORD his God by entering the temple of the LORD to burn incense on the altar of incense.

20 And Azariah the chief priest, and all the priests, looked upon him, and, behold, he was leprous in his forehead, and they thrust him out from thence; yea, himself hasted also to go out, because the LORD had smitten him.

21 And Uzziah the king was a leper unto the day of his death, and dwelt in a several house, being a leper; for he was cut off from the house of the LORD: and Jotham his son was over the king's house, judging the people of the land.

You ask but you ask amiss: Pro 1:24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; 25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. 28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: :29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: 30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.

1Co 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Upvote 0

Going Merry

‏‏‏‏ ‏‏‏‏
Mar 14, 2012
✟16,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Jesus cleansed the worlds sin so we can live for righteousness, someone practicing homosexuality or adultery or sexual immorality or fornication isn't in fellowship with God. Because in order for the Lords blood to cleanse you you have to walk in the light as He is in the light. It is required to live in repentance.

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Again, this thread sounds like the group that was ready to stone Mary Magdalene. That group as well quoted scripture.

So do I find the same "hate the sin not the sinner" responses like Jesus handled adultery here? No, we have everyone who is ready to take their Bibles and beat the homosexuals to mincemeat.

No wonder Jesus had so much trouble with the Pharisees. They knew it all.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Again, this thread sounds like the group that was ready to stone Mary Magdalene. That group as well quoted scripture. So No wonder Jesus had so much trouble with the Pharisees. They knew it all.
Codex Sinaiticus John Chapter 8 verses 1-11 are not in the manuscripts.
Sooo......
1Pe 1:14
As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:

Upvote 0