goodnewsinc

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
✟72,703.00
Faith
Christian
You just told us what Paul said. That was his word and you can take it for what it is worth. However here is what Jesus said.

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

John 8:51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

2 Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. 6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. 7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. 8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

Acts 10:13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat. 14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean. 15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. 16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven. 28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Jesus became Father's ATONEMENT LAMB 2000 years ago before anyone today was born. Some of you have not benefitted from Peter's lesson, "I should not call any man common or unclean". Go to the mirror and discover your face!

Glorify God!
God did it! :thumbsup::amen::clap:

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You just told us what Paul said. That was his word and you can take it for what it is worth. However here is what Jesus said. Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Jesus became Father's ATONEMENT LAMB 2000 years ago
Do you know what atonement means? There can be no atonement without Repentance which is choosing to turn to God. In religious contexts it usually refers to confession to God, ceasing sin against God, and resolving to live according to religious law. It typically includes an admission of guilt, a promise or resolve not to repeat the offense; an attempt to make restitution for the wrong, or in some way to reverse the harmful effects of the wrong where possible.

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and [divine nature], so that they are without excuse.

1Co 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
1Co 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Upvote 0

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You just told us what Paul said. That was his word and you can take it for what it is worth. However here is what Jesus said.

You can't follow Jesus without obeying the Word of God and following him - Paul's teachings are God's teachings. He was inspired by God. People led by the Holy Spirit (Spirit of Truth) will hear the teachings. If not, they don't know God (1John4:6).

People who are against them are deceived.

1 John 2:5
But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

2 Peter 3:16-17
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

1 John 4:6
We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

1 Thessalonians 2:3
For our exhortation was not of deceit, nor of uncleanness, nor in guile:

1 Thessalonians 2:13
For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

John 8:51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

(John 7:24) Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

How do you know I don't do the things Jesus say? Also, look what Jesus further said, in Matthew 7.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Acts 10:13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat. 14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean. 15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. 16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven. 28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

You are misinterpreting that verse. Nowhere does it say that God has declared homosexuals Clean. 1 Cor 6:9 says homosexuals wont inherit the kingdom of God.

Read that verse in context, you can't take it out of context like that and say God has made every man clean. Nor that we can't call anyone unclean or common. Read 2 Peter 3:16.

Jesus became Father's ATONEMENT LAMB 2000 years ago before anyone today was born. Some of you have not benefitted from Peter's lesson, "I should not call any man common or unclean". Go to the mirror and discover your face!:

2 Corinthians 5:15
King James Version (KJV)
15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

Upvote 0

GenetoJean

Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Delaware
Visit site
✟18,940.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Duelling verses. This is why I am seeking more than just Bible verses as a reason to not transition.

All English Bibles around are translations of translations. Pulling out a dictionary to define the words used in the Bible is pointless since the words used arent the ones used to write the original book.

Upvote 0

Soulgazer

Christian Gnostic
Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
✟19,403.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We are to love all; maybe not their actions, but we are not in charge of what other people do, we are just in charge of what we do.

Condemning someone for their actions is as sinful as the action that is being condemned. If you disagree with Homosexuality, don't engage in it.

If I see a gay couple kissing, my regurgitation reflex is activated. That's my sin, not theirs. I walk away. I am not God to judge anyone. I do not know all things, nor do I believe that anyone knows all things, and a perfect Judge MUST know all things.

We had a perfect judge among us, and he refused to condemn anybody. "I judge no man, but if I judge, my judgment is true".

If the perfect judge refused to condemn anyone, who am I, an imperfect man, to refuse to emulate Him?

Upvote 0

Gareth

Jan 3, 2008
South Woodham Ferrers, Essex.
✟9,834.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Single
Can something `made` be `unmade`? If the charge is God made people to be LBGT can that outlook be changed? If so will it refute the idea that somehow God made people over time to be LBGT to test straight people?

The first account of any unnatural sexual deviance was after the flood when Noah got drunk and disrobed in his tent. Ham saw what had happened told his brothers and they discreetly re-clothed their father. But when sober Noah cursed Canaan, Ham's son, not Ham. Why? Some scholars have wondered if Canaan was the target of Noah's ire and Canaan's father Ham was missed out because of his not showing proper decorum towards his father.

And the stories go on. Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them were full of bad, sexually degraded people, for which God rightly destroyed them. Not that they weren't given fair warning. Lot became known as a righteous man despite all he went through because what he saw on a day by day basis tormented him. Did he keep quiet over it? The Bible doesn't say. He may of tried to say something but became outnumbered, we just don't know.

But in Christian times people who heard the message and were in a same or bi-sex relationship and upon realising that if they were to embrace the Kingdom message to the full had to renounce their current life for the new spiritual one. Then on their death they could inherit a place in God's Kingdom. So they had to make drastic changes so as to become acceptable to God, to be unmade and then shaped by God to be the person He wanted them to be.

The same is true today. In my faith there are people who were once part of the LBGT community but are now part of a spiritual community. They have renounced and left behind their former life, waiting on God's promises to sort out anything that needs sorting out.

Upvote 0

Soulgazer

Christian Gnostic
Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
✟19,403.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Can something `made` be `unmade`? If the charge is God made people to be LBGT can that outlook be changed? If so will it refute the idea that somehow God made people over time to be LBGT to test straight people?

The first account of any unnatural sexual deviance was after the flood when Noah got drunk and disrobed in his tent. Ham saw what had happened told his brothers and they discreetly re-clothed their father. But when sober Noah cursed Canaan, Ham's son, not Ham. Why? Some scholars have wondered if Canaan was the target of Noah's ire and Canaan's father Ham was missed out because of his not showing proper decorum towards his father.

And the stories go on. Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them were full of bad, sexually degraded people, for which God rightly destroyed them. Not that they weren't given fair warning. Lot became known as a righteous man despite all he went through because what he saw on a day by day basis tormented him. Did he keep quiet over it? The Bible doesn't say. He may of tried to say something but became outnumbered, we just don't know.

But in Christian times people who heard the message and were in a same or bi-sex relationship and upon realising that if they were to embrace the Kingdom message to the full had to renounce their current life for the new spiritual one. Then on their death they could inherit a place in God's Kingdom. So they had to make drastic changes so as to become acceptable to God, to be unmade and then shaped by God to be the person He wanted them to be.

The same is true today. In my faith there are people who were once part of the LBGT community but are now part of a spiritual community. They have renounced and left behind their former life, waiting on God's promises to sort out anything that needs sorting out.
A "perfect" Christian is one that is neither gay nor hetero. I refuse to judge anyone, though I may not agree with their actions.

Upvote 0

Stealth001

Seeker
Sep 8, 2011
✟15,792.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Everyone is born a sinner. Paul said that there is no good thing in the flesh. The flesh is fallen, it has hormonal and genetic abnormalities that subject us to various inclinations and behaviors. So, I see no reason to deny that homosexuals might have indeed been born "gay".

However, Jesus is the Saviour of all mankind. Jesus can heal the spirit. Jesus can heal the mind. Jesus can heal the flesh.

In biblical times there were eunuchs who were born abnormal and incapable of copulation. Some were born being both male and female. Some where castrated and made eunuchs. However, we also know that in ancient writings the "eunuch" was also a man who had no inclination towards women rather he was castrated or not.

We are a real messed up race. Sin has done a number on humanity. And we're all born with fallen flesh that has a sinful nature.

So I believe much love, patience, and prayer should be applied when dealing with those who struggle with this sin. This may very well be one of many infirmities people are born with.

We should love all... praying for their souls... praying that God forgives them just as He has forgiven us. Praying that God is patient with them as we pray that God is patient with us.
Exodus 4:11
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

Upvote 0

Stealth001

Seeker
Sep 8, 2011
✟15,792.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
can anyone sum up here for me (without biblical quotes), what the purpose of the LGBT community is?

Not sure what you're asking.

why would God make people like this if He didn't want them?

Why has God made any sinner? If God doesn't love, or want sinners, why does He make anyone with this fallen nature? Why has God made anyone with biological abnormalities or genetic conditions?

how about gay priests and the like - what is happening here?

I don't believe that the Bible allows for practicing gay overseers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums