Post Falls, Idaho
✟32,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
I favor the legalization of marijuana and other drugs as well. The so-called war on drugs has been a crushing failure. Legalization would help to end the hold that organized crime has on the market for drugs (as well as greatly reducing the attendant violence) and the government corruption that often results from the massive profits to be gained from the drug trade.
I agree completely! :amen:

Something I posted elsewhere today on the same topic:

I don't have a moral problem with people using alcohol or marijuana if they don't become dependent. If they do, that's a person who needs to quit. I drink in moderation, but I don't have much tendency to alcoholism, so for me it's alright.

I don't think people should use harder drugs at all. It's too hard to be a coke, meth or heroin user without becoming an addict, so it's foolish ever to start.

But I do think all drugs should be legal. The War on Drugs is IMO nothing more than a price support program for organized crime, an excuse for government to grab more power, and an opportunity for police, judges and politicians to become corrupt.

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I'm for the legalization of marijana. Seems to me that its not any worse than gambeling, smoking and drinking. Prohabition didn't work so we should learn from that experience. Instead we have imprisoned more people that any other country in the world. Created a crime spree of those fighting for drug territory and messed up other countries as they attempt to provide us with drugs. Not to mention how much power the police now have as a result of the drug way. Would have been way better if we had spent the money on ads against drug use like we have on cigeretes and spent on rehab of the real bad guys.

dayhiker

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Candide

May 26, 2007
Reno
✟8,368.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If alcohol is going to be legal in our society, I've yet to see a logical reason for marijuana to be illegal. In the same vein, if you're alright with Christians drinking, I don't see how you can have a problem with Christians smoking weed.

Neither bothers me, though I don't partake in either.

Upvote 0
Apr 21, 2009
✟15,184.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I read somewhere that the Logic of man can skew the word of the Lord and is inevitably evil.

Im against a lot of things, including Alcohol. Both Weed and Alcohol lead to impure thoughts which are against God's Will. Same goes for masturbation too.
Other Year 13s at my school that have done LSD claim that they touched the hand of god. Which in itself is against the Bible. (I cant look up the verses now sorry :( )

Upvote 0

Matthewj1985

Oct 7, 2008
Texas
✟1,669.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I read somewhere that the Logic of man can skew the word of the Lord and is inevitably evil.

Im against a lot of things, including Alcohol. Both Weed and Alcohol lead to impure thoughts which are against God's Will. Same goes for masturbation too.
Other Year 13s at my school that have done LSD claim that they touched the hand of god. Which in itself is against the Bible. (I cant look up the verses now sorry :( )

How would you know that marijuana and alcohol lead to impure thoughts? What if when you are masturbating, you are thinking about your wife? Also how can you discount the experience of someone on a hallucinogenic drug? You can not more claim that they didn't touch the hand of God than they can claim that your profound religious experiences are fake or "of the devil".

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Everything "leads to impure thoughts" for an impure mind.
Everything is discountable to a degree by everybody.
The 'discountable' thing about entheogens is their somewhat manufactured reputation, and the intention brought to the experience.
If you just want a thrill, it's there but it becomes hollow thrill seeking & not a seeking of intimacy with Him, which goes back to intent.
Motivation is everything.
Cops tend to class perps into 2 categories. They ask, "Is he bad, or is he just mad?"

Reactions: ChristOnly7
Upvote 0
Apr 21, 2009
✟15,184.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How would you know that marijuana and alcohol lead to impure thoughts? What if when you are masturbating, you are thinking about your wife? Also how can you discount the experience of someone on a hallucinogenic drug? You can not more claim that they didn't touch the hand of God than they can claim that your profound religious experiences are fake or "of the devil".

Have you been to a party or night club recently?

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I say legalize it and tax it and sell it in state liquor stores. There is a reason med companies are trying to replicate the healing properties it has.

It is safer than tobacco and alcohol and the drugs our doctors prescribe.

Reactions: ChristOnly7
Upvote 0

Matthewj1985

Oct 7, 2008
Texas
✟1,669.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Have you been to a party or night club recently?

I actually might be going to a "club" tonight with my wife and friends. I find the idea of standing around with a bunch of drunken morons with music so loud it vibrates my chest pretty dull but my wife likes it so.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Matthewj1985

Oct 7, 2008
Texas
✟1,669.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I say legalize it and tax it and sell it in state liquor stores. There is a reason med companies are trying to replicate the healing properties it has.

It is safer than tobacco and alcohol and the drugs our doctors prescribe.

Well color me shocked, you and I agree on something!

It is funny that you bring up big pharma trying to replicate the effects, they have actually given up and just started using whole plant extracts.

Sativex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course this is illegal in the US since it is still a schedule 1 drug. It is quite funny to see big pharma lobbying FOR marijuana for once.

Upvote 0

Matthewj1985

Oct 7, 2008
Texas
✟1,669.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The medicinal issue is something I studied pretty deeply a few years ago.

Besides, as a libertarian I don't think it's the governments business.

Lets see how much of a libertarian you really are, should government decide who can and can not get married?

Upvote 0
Apr 21, 2009
✟15,184.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wait just a minute. Jesus drank alcohol. How can you suggest that it's 'evil', or 'against the will of God'?

I meant Binge. Not a little with a meal. (Should've been clear on that)
The Bible is clear about drinking too much alcohol.
Isiah 5:1
Woe to those who rise early in the morning
to run after their drinks,
who stay up late at night
till they are inflamed with wine.

Proverbs 20:1
Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler;
whoever is led astray by them is not wise.

Yes Jesus drank Wine, but it was in moderation.
1 Timothy 5:23
Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses.

Im sure there are other verses discussing this but I cant remember them or find them now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fated

The White Hart
Jul 22, 2007
Illinois (non-Chicago)
✟26,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It should be legalized. And it should be strongly regulated. It regulation should coincide with a crack down on underage sale of other such drugs, namely, alcohol and tobacco. I want to see way more places shopped by undercover police and their assistants.

These measures have not severely harmed the populations were they have taken place in the past. Marijuana is not a boogie man. Its damage is minor in comparison to alcohol and enforcing it from various perspectives is very difficult. Enforcing marijuana law also degrades public respect for police officers, and this is completely unacceptable in and of itself. I would actually like to see some other type of public servant created to write traffic tickets, as this standard police operation also causes a marked decrease in respect for police.

This is a very important issue, front in center with the war on drugs in Mexico, were marijuana money pays for a significant number of dead Mexicans, which is also completely unacceptable.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.