Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟29,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The officer nodded then indicated Melody staring off into space. "Sure have seen a LOT of that today...say... what are you doing here if you are in the terror unit? Thought all you guys had been called up right after this happened?" The policeman looked at Jason, this time simply curious, not suspicious. Another officer had run through the church building looking at people. He came back to the man addressing Jason. "Sir, looks to be upset ordinary folks, same thing we have been seeing for the past three hours."
'Just between you and me things are getting ready to really be rocked. There's been a report of a nuke being used near LA. Expecting the President to address the nation within the hour. He is in a secure location and will be kept under wraps until we get things settled. Best keep on your toes,' the police officer whispered to Jason. Then he turned and motioned curtly to his crew and they left the building and got in the chopper.

Upvote 0

FireRock

Call me a dreamer of the seemingly unattainable...
Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
((I don't think it all the way matters, does it? Besides, after his address, we could use it to get out of the church building or something. *shrugs*))

Tara looked closely at the underside of the pew she was laying under. She was finally able to figure it out... it was writing! There was writing all along the underside of this pew! Since she was in the middle of the rows, she couldn't figure out if she found the beginning, middle, or end of whatever it was. She looked over at the rows on either side of her, and there was more! Tara was both stunned and intrigued. Unfortunately, it was getting dark outside, and with just the lights from the church turned on, it wasn't bright enough to see what the exact words were. She didn't want to draw attention to herself by using a lighter or even the small flashlight she had.

Tara sighed deeply and decided to wait and investigate this more tonight or tomorrow when there would be more light and less people hopefully. A thought suddenly occurred to Tara; all the people who had disappeared had no tomorrow, and they probably dind't even know it. She found herself staring through the bottom of the pew now, just staring and trying to get her mind to grasp ahold of that thought. She couldn't all the way yet, though. She sighed again and rolled herself out from underneath the pews tto check and see if the police had gone yet.

Upvote 0

cyberwing

Blessed beyond the curse!
Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟29,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OOC: I don't think the media and government will truly know ANY thing about what's really going on, but in typical fashion, (we see it now) There will be mass disinformation, rumors and downright lies told by both media and government to try to keep people under control. Some will be people who think 'they are in the know' when in fact they too will be lied to. I do not see how this conflicts any of the story. I simply had the officer say what he knew. Government sorts lie easily to local law enforcement Delta J. even now days......

Upvote 0

Ellesar

biomedical engineer-to-be and LOTR fanatic
Jul 2, 2004
Rinoth with the dragons
Visit site
✟47,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
((even in the book the president wasn't raptured))

When the police rushed into the church, Melody grabbed ahold of Ellie, and she held on out of fright. While Jason was explaining to the police about who he was, she could feel her heart pounding, and she thought that it was so loud that everybody could hear it. When the police left, she breathed a sigh of relief, but wasn't able to calm her racing heart. She was still too scared to move.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cyberwing

Blessed beyond the curse!
Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟29,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Melody nodded at Tara and went to turn the radio back on. The news reporters continued to chatter but no mention was made of any upcoming news conference except the FEMA director. Even that conference had been delayed due to 'damage accessment'. Melody wondered if ANYONE knew what was going on. Her thoughts turned to her mother and suddenly her face grew red. Anger and embarrassment at her mothers betrayal brought an unhappy frown to her face as well.

Upvote 0

FireRock

Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tara watched the televission screen for what seemed like hours, even though it had only been about twenty minutes or so. She wondered what was really going on with the president, as well as the government in general.

"Never did trust that whole crew," she thought, referring to government authority in general.

She looked over at Melody, who's attention was no longer on the ranting anchorman. She looked very angry and frustrated, which Tara found intriguing.

"So, perhaps daughter is not quite like mother," she thought to herself, "for one thing, she seems slightly more human." Tara smirked and turned her gaze back to the television to see if she could find out anything useful.

Upvote 0

Ellesar

biomedical engineer-to-be and LOTR fanatic
Jul 2, 2004
Rinoth with the dragons
Visit site
✟47,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ellie continued to sit against the wall. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't calm down. She was still feeling very frightened. Jesus, please help me to calm down. Please help me to get through these trying times. she prayed silently.

Upvote 0

FireRock

Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
After at least an hour or so of watching the news show scene after scene of car wrecks and airport shutdowns and the little of what they could get from overseas, Tara let out a huge sigh of frustration.

"Obviously there's something up with the President if he hasn't been on by now," she said, turning to walk away, "If I want to see desruction I can just go outside and walk around the block. Let me know if anything worthwhile flashes across the screen."

She walked back over to where her backpack, notebook, and newfound Bible were sitting on the pew. She sat down dejectedly and stared at the plant arangement in front of the pulpit. She always wondered why churches had plants and flowers onstage. She then realized that she was getting comfortable in church. Tara shuddered at that thought. She didn't want to fall into the sensationalism of recent events like everyone else was.

"What am I missing with all of this?" she thought to herself, "What am I not getting?" She opened up her notebook to where she had been taking notes on Revelation and scanned over them to see if she missed something in her research so far. She noticed that the books of Daniel and Ezekiel were mentioned, so she picked up the Bible and flipped open to those two books.

"Cross-referencing," she thought to herself, "maybe that's it. Maybe there's something in one of these other books that I haven't found yet." Tara picked up her pen and began flipping back and forth between the books while vigorously taking notes once again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

christian cutie danni

Time is of the esscence
Mar 16, 2004
A hick town in a hick state, Oregon
✟11,153.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jordan watched as the police left the area. She stayed up on the roof for an hour or two, before climbing down. Then she walked the 18 miles to the church, staying in the allie ways, back raods and feilds.

When she arrived, she slipped quietly into the back door, where her youth group had been held every wednesday night and sunday morning and evening. She'd faithfully attened all of those services since 7 th grade, but she never really believed. Jordan walked around the room remembering things. She knew every stain from every pizza party, from every soda spill. She knew every crack in the wall, from each repair after every earth quake. She never realized it, but those people had become like family. A sob escaped. She had no family now. None at all.She was feeling so alone and lost.

Jordan walked up to the front, where Pastor Jhon prayed every sunday, fo their youth group. She knelt in the same spot as she did when the whole youth group prayed for Anton and his family. It worked then, the prayer. Maybe it would work now. Jordan bowed her head. "Oh Lord." She whipered. "I don't know you very well, but from what Pastor Jhon said, you know me. So do you know how alone I've felt these last few years?" She asked. "Lord, do you know the pain and heartache i've put up with? Watching my friends die from drive by shootings, aids, getting raped? Dieing from cancer? Do you know how lost and alone I've felt, all these years, without anyone? Lord I never knew you, never believed in you. Even now, I still don't know who you are, or if you exist. Ive always believed in things I could touch, or feel. So that never included you. But now I'm backed into a corner. I've tried every path. So I guess it's time to try your's now, huh?" Tears streamed down her cheeks. "So, I need you I guess, so show me that you're real, God, show me that you care..." Jordan turned around, and sat with her back to the wall, burying her hands in her face and crying. "You took them all away Lord! Why'd you leave me alone??! WHY!?" She yelled. "What'd I do!? I TRIED at least to do it yor way. But i guess I wasn't good enough, WAS I?! Well, guess what, I"m gonna try it again!!! AND YOU CAN"T STOP ME! I WILL do it right this time! I WILL follow your way, if your real!!!"

Upvote 0

FireRock

Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tara watched the new girl walk into the church like she'd been there a thousand times before. Tara tilted her head in curiosity as this girl looked around with a blank stare on her face, then go up to the front, and start praying at the altar area. She watched in silence as the girl prayed silently and ferverently, then suddenly jumped when the girl sat up and yelled out to a God she couldn't see. That surprised Tara, much more than she thought it would. She watched the girl make a committment that she herself couldn't yet understand, and then watched as this new girl continued to sob to a God she couldn't touch.

"Hmmm..." thought Tara, visibly intrigued by this girl's actions, "a definite side of the story I haven't yet seen. I wonder what else this whole religion thing has in store..." her thoughts trailed off as she caught herself zoning out while staring at the girl. She felt a little embarrassed, and turned back to her research, wondering where emotion fit into the whole equation.

Upvote 0

christian cutie danni

Time is of the esscence
Mar 16, 2004
A hick town in a hick state, Oregon
✟11,153.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As jordan sat there, crying she looked up, and saw another girl. Jordan wondered if the girl had been there the whole time. She saw a bible opened in her lap, and she had been taking notes. 'I'm sorry, if i disturbed you." Jordan said to the girl.

Upvote 0