Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God's law is His instructions for how to testy about his nature and how to thereby experientially come to know Him, or in other words grow in a relationship with Him. In Jeremiah 9:3 and 9:6, they did not experientially know God and refuse to know Him, because in 9:13, they had forsaken the Mosaic Law, while in Jeremiah 9:24, those who experientially know God know that he delights in practicing steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in all of the earth, so delighting in expressing those and other aspects of God's nature is the way to grow in a relationship with God. In Romans 6:23, eternal life in Christ is the gift of God, in John 6:40, those who believe in Jesus will haver eternal life, in John 17:3, eternal life is knowing God and Jesus, and in Matthew 19:17, the way to enter eternal life is by obeying God's commandments, so obedience to God's commandments is itself part of the content of God's gift and what it looks like to believe in Jesus and to grow in a relationship with him. In 1 John 2:4, those who say that they know Jesus, but don't obey His commandments are liars and the truth is not in them, and in 1 John 3:4, sin is the transgression of God's law, and those who continue to practice sin have neither seen nor known him. In Matthew 7:23, Jesus said that he would tell those who are workers of lawlessness to depart from him because he never knew them, so the goal of the law is to teach us how to express God's nature and how to thereby grow in a relationship with Christ, who is the exact expression of God's nature (Hebrews 1:3)

However, people can obey the law while missing the goal of the law, such as in John 5:39-40. Jesus said that they searched the Scripture because they think that in it they will find eternal life, and they testify about him, yet they refuse to come to him that they might have life. In Matthew 19:17, the way to enter eternal life is by obeying God's commandments, so eternal life can be found in the Scriptures and the Pharisees were correct to search for it there, but they needed to realize that a relationship with Christ is the goal of the law and come to him for eternal life. In Romans 9:30-10:4, the Israelites had a zeal for God, but it was not based on knowledge because they didn't understand that a relationship with Jesus is the goal of the law for righteousness for everyone who has faith. So they failed to attain righteousness because they pursued the law as though righteousness were by works in an effort to establish their own instead of pursuing the law as though righteousness were by faith in Christ. In Matthew 23:23, Jesus said that tithing was something that they ought to be doing while not neglecting weightier matters of the law of justice, mercy, and faithfulness, so expressing the weightier matters is how we reach the goal of the law of knowing Christ. In Philippians 3:8, Paul had been in the same boat where he was keeping the law, but without having a focus on knowing Christ, so he had been missing the whole goal of the law and counted it all as rubbish.

So the problem in John 5:39-40 was not that they were still keeping laws that foreshadow and testify of Christ, but rather they were neglecting the weightier matters of the law that foreshadowed and testified of Christ.

I have never once stated that we are not under the New Covenant or that we are under the Mosaic Covenant, but rather I have been speaking about how we should live under the New Covenant.

Yes, I am speaking about the laws that foreshadow and testify about Christ.

"To fulfill the law" means "to cause God's will as made known in His law to be obeyed as it should be” (NAS Greek Lexicon pleroo 2c3). After Jesus said he came to fulfill the law in Matthew 5, he proceeded to fulfill it six times throughout the rest of the chapter by teaching how to correctly obey it or by completing our understanding of it. In Galatians 5:14, loving our neighbor fulfills the entire law, so it refers to something that countless people have done, not to something unique that only Jesus did. In Galatians 6:2, bearing one another's burdens fulfills the Law of Christ, so you should interpret that in the same way as you interpret fulfilling the Law of Moses. There is nothing about Jesus fulfilling the Mosaic Law that makes any of it no longer applicable, but rather he fulfilled it so that we would have an example to follow, and as his followers we are told to follow his example (1 Peter 2:21-22), and that those who are in Christ are obligated to walk in the same way he walked (1 John 2:6), which notably don't make exceptions for laws that foreshadow Christ. On the contrary, the light of Christ brings full substance to the foreshadows so that we can fully see what they were teaching us about Christ, which makes them all the more important to continue to observe in remembrance of Christ, such as in 1 Corinthian 5:6-8.

My last post quoted what I hate replied to, but it appears that you've heavily edited your post since then, which would explain why there were parts that I did not see until now that I have not replied to.

Your post here is not talking about what I am discussing with you to be honest. What I am focusing on and have been very careful to do so is the "shadow laws" for remission of sin from the old covenant and their fulfillment in the new covenant, nothing else (Sanctuary laws, Levitical Priesthood laws, laws for remission of sins, and some of the annual Feast days). I must say I have very much enjoyed our conversation and have learned much over the last few days of what you really believe and how much we do not have in common in what we believe and follow according to the scriptures. I use to think we had much in common. I now believe we really are at opposite ends of the spectrum now in what we believe in regards to the old covenant Mosaic "shadow laws" for remission of sin still being binding in Christians in the new covenant.

You believe we are to follow the old covenant laws for remission of sins yet the scriptures teach these were but shadows in the new covenant pointing to Jesus and God's plan of salvation for mankind as already shown in to you in the book of Hebrews *Hebrews 10:26-27; Hebrews 7:1-28; Hebrews 8:1-13; Hebrews 9:1-28 and Hebrews 10:1-17 etc.. These same "shadow laws" of the old covenant and the laws for remission of sin that pointed to Jesus in the new covenant you deny, yet God's Word (not mine) tells us these laws are fulfilled in Jesus as the true Messiah in *1 Peter 1:18-19; Romans 5:6-10; 1 Corinthians 11:23-27; 1 John 2:2; John 15:13; Ephesians 5:2; Hebrews 9:26; 1 Peter 2:23-24; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Matthew 26:27-28; John 3:16; Ephesians 1:7; Romans 5:1; Colossians 1:21-22; Hebrews 9:12-14; Hebrews 10:8-14; 18; 1 John 4:10; Isaiah 53:4-7; 2 Corinthians 5:18-19; Ephesians 2:18; John 1:29; 36; Hebrews 10:1-18; Hebrews 10:26-31; Revelation 13:8.

I believe according to the scriptures if we continue in the old covenant laws for remission of sins it would be to deny the very God these laws pointed to, now that what those laws pointed to has now arrived according to the scriptures in *Hebrews 10:26-27; Hebrews 7:1-28; Hebrews 8:1-13; Hebrews 9:1-28 and Hebrews 10:1-17 etc.. We do not testify of the nature of God by denying his Word and denying the very Christ those shadow laws pointed to. This was the same mistake the Scribes and Pharisees made according to the very Words of Jesus in John 5:39. Of course as already shared with you these same laws for remission of sins are not abolished they are fulfilled in Christ.

You do not need to send me a Greek definition of "fulfilled" as I already know it and this is the only way of have applied it in our discussions. You should know this if you have been reading my posts to you. I already stated the same understanding of the Greek meaning of fulfilled in earlier posts. That is they met there end (not meaning abolished but that to which they pointed to and are continued in) as they pointed to him as our true sacrifice for sin and his ministration on our behalf as our great High Priest in the Heavenly Sanctuary made without hands. We continue these same "shadow laws" for remission of sins from the old covenant under a better covenant made with better promises now in Christ to whom these laws all pointed to. To go back to the "shadow laws" for remission of sins according to the scriptures would be to deny the very Christ they pointed to and his death on the cross on our behalf. *Hebrews 9:12-14; Hebrews 10:8-14; 1 Peter 1:18-19; Romans 5:6-10; 1 Corinthians 11:23-27.

Good luck finding your Levitical Priest to offer animal sacrifices and sin offerings. I am not sure what the difference is now with what you believe and what the Jews believe that did not accept Jesus as the Christ and Messiah. Are you able to tell me the difference (serious question)?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eilat

Dec 17, 2020
Netanya
✟4,286.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If God is a legalist for giving the Mosaic Law and if Jesus is a legalist for setting a sinless example for us to follow of how to obey it, then being a legalist would be being in good company

God gave the law in the OLD TESTAMENT.....where you exist, Soyeong.

The rest of us, if we are "in the faith", exist in the New Testament.
Why dont you join us..?

Also, the only example that Jesus left us, was to "love one another as i have loved you"..
And in that love, we are to Love God first, and people 2nd.
Those are the commandments found in the NT that Jesus gave His Body.

Upvote 0

Eilat

Dec 17, 2020
Netanya
✟4,286.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think “under the law” means one obeys it to gain or to avoid something. People should not obey God’s law to earn something, but because they love God and think the law is good and right.
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. His commandments are not grievous.
1 John 5:3

Commandment keeping wont get you into heaven, while keeping them ALL yet never being born again and dying is a one way ticket to Hell.
Believe it.

Today, a lot of commandment keepers died. And they were not born again, and they are currently in hell wondering how that happened.

Here is how that happened.. "Jesus said :"" YOU MUST BE ......BORN AGAIN".""""

They were not.
So, they will hear this....>"depart from ME, i never KNEW YOU"..
They were religious church goers, they took a lot of communion, and they did a lot of penance.
It didnt help them after they died.

Jesus said, "You MUST BE born again"......and that is not by water, that is by the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Eilat

Dec 17, 2020
Netanya
✟4,286.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which is also where He gave the NEW COVENANT - Jer 31:31-34 (unchanged in the NT Heb 8:6-12)

Here is what you are not noticing..
IN the OT, you had no Cross of Christ yet lifted = because you had no "God manifested in the Flesh", yet.
In the NT< you do...so, that is the BIG CHANGE, and you might make a note of it, Bob, as all the preachers you listed, made a note of it.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Commandment keeping wont get you into heaven, while keeping them ALL yet never being born again and dying is a one way ticket to Hell.
Believe it.

Today, a lot of commandment keepers died. And they were not born again, and they are currently in hell wondering how that happened.

Here is how that happened.. "Jesus said :"" YOU MUST BE ......BORN AGAIN".""""

They were not.
So, they will hear this....>"depart from ME, i never KNEW YOU"..
They were religious church goers, they took a lot of communion, and they did a lot of penance.
It didnt help them after they died.

Jesus said, "You MUST BE born again"......and that is not by water, that is by the Holy Spirit.

Actually you will not get to Heaven by knowingly continuing to break God's commandments either according to the scriptures *Hebrews 10:26-31; 1 John 2:3-4. As those who are "BORN AGAIN" do not practice sin (breaking God's law) *1 John 3:6-9; 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11. Please read the scriptures in this post. No one loves God by breaking His commandments and not doing what he asks us to do *John 14:15; John 15:10; 1 John 5:3-4.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟281,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
God gave the law in the OLD TESTAMENT.....where you exist, Soyeong.

The rest of us, if we are "in the faith", exist in the New Testament.
Why dont you join us..?

Also, the only example that Jesus left us, was to "love one another as i have loved you"..
And in that love, we are to Love God first, and people 2nd.
Those are the commandments found in the NT that Jesus gave His Body.

In Acts 17:11, the Bereans were praised because they diligently searched NT every day to see if what Paul said was true, so the OT is the standard of how we know that what is said in the NT is true. About 1/3 of the verses in the NT contain quotes or allusions to the OT, which the NT authors did thousands of times in order to establish that it supported what they had said and to show that they hadn't departed from it, so they certainly saw the OT as still being authoritative.

In 2 Timothy 3:15-17, Paul referred to sacred writings that Timothy had available to him since childhood, which could only be referring to the books of the OT because none of the books of the NT had yet been written at the time of Timothy's childhood. Furthermore, saying that it is profitable for teaching, reproof, correction, and training in righteousness that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work is all referring to a code of conduct, and the code of conduct in the OT is the Mosaic Law, so that is what Paul was primarily referring to. So I believe that both the OT and the NT are true and relevant to how we should live our lives.

What we believe is expressed through our actions, which is why James 2:17-18 says that faith without works is dead and that he would show his faith by his works, doing good works in obedience to God is what being in faith looks like. In Matthew 23:23, Jesus said that faith was one of the weightier matters of the Mosaic Law. In John 3:36, believing in Jesus is equated with obeying him. In Revelation 14:12, those who kept faith in Jesus are the same as those who kept God's commandments. Ever example of faith listed in Hebrews 11 is an example of obedience to God, while Numbers 5:6 describes breaking faith as disobedience to God's law, and there are many other examples that I could cite that associate faith with obedience to God.

Jesus expressed his love through his actions and what that looked like was an sinless example of how to walk in obedience to the Mosaic Law, so that is how we are to love as he loved. Jesus said that all of the other laws hang on the greatest two commandments, so they are all examples of what it looks like to obey the greatest two commandments. In Exodus 20:6, God wanted His people to love Him and obey His commandments, in 1 John 5:3, to love God is to obey His commandments, and there are many other verses in both the OT and the NT that associate our love for God with our obedience to His commandments.

• Winner
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

Eilat

Dec 17, 2020
Netanya
✟4,286.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually you will not get to Heaven by knowingly continuing to break God's commandments

Take my advice....
Learn what this means. "The Blood Atonement".
Learn what this means...."In Christ"
and......learn what this means.."Born again".
And. learn what this means...>"One with God and Christ".

Find out what those mean, and you'll stop teaching Legalism.

Upvote 0

Eilat

Dec 17, 2020
Netanya
✟4,286.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Acts 17:11, the Bereans were praised because they diligently searched NT every day

Its required that we "study to show ourselves approved"... but when we live in a place that exists outside of the Grace of God, because we are found in the flesh, = trusting in commandments to keep us saved, or to save us, then we are fallen from Grace, or not actually born again.

Upvote 0

JacobVY

Sep 2, 2020
USA
✟9,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Listen...
All that God gives us is a GIFT....>Never is it earned or kept.
When Jesus says..>"apart from me you can do NOTHING"......is not a myth.
As its being apart from HIM, is why Christians fail and struggle with lust, and sin and confess.
Its because they are APART from Him... and in their own power the Law's power of dominion to cause you to sin more, wins every time.
And to be IN THERE is to be found trying to do right, and trying to be good....and trying not to sin.
See.....all That is how you separate yourself INTO your own Striving and self effort which disconnects you from God's Grace...and its God's Grace which IS the DELIVERANCE.
See that Reader?
It like this..... when we are trying our best to be.....we always fail to be......but when we exist as we are, in our believing, then God's Grace empowers us to have the Victory.
Listen....You are not stronger then the Law's dominion, and when you are under it, you are not "abiding" in Christ, which is the "apart from me", Christian failure situation.

Here is a Key...
Paul Said..."be a follower of ME".... and no other disciple tells you this, because no other apostle was taken "apart" and into a place for 3 yrs, where JESUS Himself personally taught Paul all the Church Doctrine, Justification by Faith, everything about "Spiritual Gifts"....everything about how to choose a Deacon, or a Bishop or Pastor......etc, etc, etc.
So, its from PAUL you learn how to BE a real disciple, because its from PAUL you learn how to walk in the Light.
Eilat. Shalom. I am 18, currently struggling with lust of the flesh. I do see the problem of sinning, then confessing. As I struggle with it and I feel it is not leading me anywhere. How do I conquer this? Or can I not?

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

And, Bible says, if you are born of God, you will be righteous. And, if you are righteous, it will come visible in your actions.

...He who does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. To this end the Son of God was revealed, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever is born of God doesn't commit sin, because his seed remains in him; and he can't sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are revealed, and the children of the devil. Whoever doesn't do righteousness is not of God, neither is he who doesn't love his brother.
1 John 3:7-10

Righteous person wants to do right and good because he understands it is good, not because he tries to get reward. If person is in hell and disappointed that he didn’t get the reward for his good works, I don’t think he truly had any good works and he was not really righteous.

I am afraid that you will be in final day really disappointed that words really have meanings in the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord wrote: Actually you will not get to Heaven by knowingly continuing to break God's commandments either according to the scriptures *Hebrews 10:26-31; 1 John 2:3-4. As those who are "BORN AGAIN" do not practice sin (breaking God's law) *1 John 3:6-9; 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11. Please read the scriptures in this post. No one loves God by breaking His commandments and not doing what he asks us to do *John 14:15; John 15:10; 1 John 5:3-4.
Your response here.
Take my advice....
Learn what this means. "The Blood Atonement".
Learn what this means...."In Christ"
and......learn what this means.."Born again".
And. learn what this means...>"One with God and Christ".

Find out what those mean, and you'll stop teaching Legalism.

Only God's Word was shared with you as shown in the full post that you only part quoted dear friend as shown above, and God's Word is not legalism when it says those who practice sin (breaking God's commandments) do not know God in 1 John 2:3-4. It is God's Word and the Word of God that we are to believe and follow through faith. You respond to God's Word with your words and accusations that are your words and not God's Word so what is it that you do not believe in the scriptures that were shared with you in the post you are responding to above?

To be "in Christ" means to believe and follow what God says through faith. It means to be a "new creature" old things have passed away behold all things are new *2 Corinthians 5:17. It means our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that from now on we should not serve sin *Romans 6:6. Sin is defined in God's Word (not mine) as breaking anyone of Gods' 10 commandments or not believing and following Gods' Word *Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11.

According to God's Word (not mine) if we are knowingly breaking God's commandments we have neither seen Christ or know Christ *1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6. Therefore no one is "in Christ" if they are knowingly breaking anyone of His commandments and need to be "born again" according to JESUS in John 3:3-7 because those who are "born again" according to John do not practice sin (breaking God's commandments) *John 3:6-9.

Many may appear outwardly righteous to men but inwardly they are like dead men's bones *Matthew 23:27-33, having a form of godliness but denying God's power to save them from their sins (breaking Gods commandments) 2 Timothy 3:5. In order to be "in Christ" or "born again" we need to be changed from the inside out through faith to enter into God's new covenant promise in Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-36 and Ezekiel 36:24-27 but many do not know the meaning of Matthew 9:12-13 according to Jesus or the purpose of God's law according Galatians 3:22-25 or what God's salvation is from in John 8:31-36. Gods' salvation is from sin (breaking God's law and not believing his Word) not salvation to continue to sin (John 8:31-36). If we continue to sin we will die *Romans 8:13, because we reject the gift of God's dear son and count the blood of the covenant (atonement) an unholy thing doing despite to the Spirit of God's grace *Hebrews 10:26-31.

We are saved by grace through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God and not of works lest any man should boast *Ephesians 2:8-9. OBEDIENCE to God's law is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT faith of one that is already been given Gods promise of salvation and the fruit of God's work in us *Philippians 2:13 as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *James 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *Matthew 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

Those who continue to practice known unrepentant sin will not enter God's kingdom according to God's Word *Hebrews 10:26-31; Matthew 7:21-23. Those who knowingly practice sin (breaking anyone of Gods' commandments) according to the scriptures are lying and have neither seen him or know him according to John in *1 John 2:3-4. According to Gods' Word atonement is forgiveness of sin through the blood of Christ to be made free to walk in the Spirit through faith. That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us *Romans 8:1-4

Now dear friend these are Gods' Words (not mine) what is it here you do not believe?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟281,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Its required that we "study to show ourselves approved"... but when we live in a place that exists outside of the Grace of God, because we are found in the flesh, = trusting in commandments to keep us saved, or to save us, then we are fallen from Grace, or not actually born again.

Indeed, we should study and show ourselves approved, which does not involve coming to the conclusion that we shouldn't obey what God has commanded. In Psalms 119:29, David wanted God to be gracious to him by teaching him to obey His law, so that is what it looks like to be inside the grace of God, while it is those who have minds set on the flesh who refuse to submit to God's law (Romans 8:4-7). God is trustworthy, therefore His law is also trustworthy (Psalms 19:7, Nehemiah 9:13)), and a law that isn't trustworthy can't come from a God who is trustworthy, so to put our trust in the Mosaic Law is to put our trust in the Lawgiver, while you speaking against trusting in the Mosaic Law is denying the trustworthiness of the Lawgiver. In John 3:4-10, those who are not actually born again are those who do not practice righteousness in obedience to God's law, not the other way around.

Upvote 0

Religiot

Mar 15, 2020
Private
✟29,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
-
Saint,
you dont have a sin nature....as the REAL You, is Born again.
The real you is the born again, into God's Spirit, as "One with God and Christ".
That is the REAL YOU, and not that body that is on this earth.

So, what you have, if you are sinning and confessing = is a dead man issue, that Paul said is crucified with Christ.
And that Dead man.....has been separated from the "new Creation", by Spiritual Circumcision.
(Colossians 2).
So, that NEW Man, the BORN AGAIN.... is the ONLY MAN, that God ever sees, once you are born again into : "ONE with God and Christ".

So, what about that flesh?

Ok, let me show how you get this.....>"Jesus always gives me the Victory", as your discipleship.
See that?
That is Paul talking about existing in the Right mind, walking in the Spirit or.... ""as many as are perfected".
Paul teaches this After all that stuff about....>"""'that which i would do, i dont do, and that which i dont want to do, i do""".
Remember that part? As that is all you ever hear from Legalist Pastors and Popes and Ministers.
They always STOP at the part where Paul talks about being a Discipleship Failure.

But if you KEEP READING.......Paul eventually explains that He came to understand how to exist in : = "Jesus ALWAYS gives me the Victory".
And here is a KEY., as its Jesus who gives this Grace that we are to EXIT within... as this is: "walking in the Spirit".
Now, you dont get this by prayer, you get this by BELIEVING correctly and existing IN the Grace of God, at all times, in your MIND as its in your Mind of Faith where all the power of Christ, is LOST or found.
Its all about believing correctly, or not.
See, everything with God is Faith//Believing based, and Spirit based, and never self effort based.

Listen...
All that God gives us is a GIFT....>Never is it earned or kept.
When Jesus says..>"apart from me you can do NOTHING"......is not a myth.
As its being apart from HIM, is why Christians fail and struggle with lust, and sin and confess.
Its because they are APART from Him... and in their own power the Law's power of dominion to cause you to sin more, wins every time.
And to be IN THERE is to be found trying to do right, and trying to be good....and trying not to sin.
See.....all That is how you separate yourself INTO your own Striving and self effort which disconnects you from God's Grace...and its God's Grace which IS the DELIVERANCE.
See that Reader?
It like this..... when we are trying our best to be.....we always fail to be......but when we exist as we are, in our believing, then God's Grace empowers us to have the Victory.
Listen....You are not stronger then the Law's dominion, and when you are under it, you are not "abiding" in Christ, which is the "apart from me", Christian failure situation.

Here is a Key...
Paul Said..."be a follower of ME".... and no other disciple tells you this, because no other apostle was taken "apart" and into a place for 3 yrs, where JESUS Himself personally taught Paul all the Church Doctrine, Justification by Faith, everything about "Spiritual Gifts"....everything about how to choose a Deacon, or a Bishop or Pastor......etc, etc, etc.
So, its from PAUL you learn how to BE a real disciple, because its from PAUL you learn how to walk in the Light.

This is why in 2nd Peter, .. Peter said that Paul's letters were equal to the Torah... they are "Scripture".
And that is Peter, describing Paul's Letters, long before they became all the Church Doctrine, and 73% of the New Testament.
See that?

Saint, there is no other way that God will have it done.
Jesus gave it to Paul, and Paul gives it to US and we do it, or we fail.
That's the bottom line.
A born again child of God MUST become a disciple of Paul, to become "the fullness of the Stature of Christ" on Earth.
There is no other way to be perfected in your faith and within your understanding of How to walk in the Spirit.

So, now... what about that sinning....

Ok, to begin with, there is NO SIN "in Christ"....and that is you...= The Born again New Creation as you are found "in Christ", if you are born again, Reader.
Born again......not just water baptized.
Also, as God created the born again as "not under the Law, but under Grace".... there is no Law's dominion over you, if you are born again, as you are not under the Law, you are "under GRACE"...but you can change this by wrong believing.
See,.... GRACE has its own Dominion, just like the Law has its own Dominion, and a person is under the dominion of one of those at all times.
So, the way you stop committing works of the flesh...as that is how Grace defines "sin".... not the Law,= as the law defines them as SIN and you as a "sinner".
But when we are not under the law, the law has no dominion or authority to title us as sinners or our carnal behavior as sin.
You can go to Galatians and find where Paul lists all those carnal deeds, and he does not call them sin, he calls them "works of the flesh"... and a few include fornication, witchcraft.. etc........all that stuff that people do.

So, how do you stop sinning?
Well notice this verse...>... "the power of SIN....is the LAW".
See that? That is the power of sin......so, to break the power of sin, is to exist NOT UNDER THE LAW, but under Grace.
=That is KEY>.
Now how do you EXIST, there........Well, here is the thing, Reader, .. you can be under the dominion of Grace, while you are exiting under the dominion of the Law.
You can be born again, Yet, you are under the dominion of the Law....and to be there is to cause the power of sin, (which is the Law) = to cause you to want to sin more.
The Law, and trying to keep it........all self effort to try to be accepted by God or to stay saved..... will cause the Law's dominion to enflame your flesh and you will sin MORE.

Now all this that im teaching you Reader..... sounds spiritual, and that's because it is.. What im giving you here is HOW to exist as : Hebrew 13:9 And you have to do this, for LIFE.

Listen, all of this that im showing you are the RULES that apply in the Kingdom of God, where we the born again, actually exist.
But, if we dont abide by the rules that operate the KOG< then we exist under the law's dominion on earth, and the law "is the power of Sin".= and that is why you are sinning and confessing and can't stop.

So, you have to stay out from under the LAW,,,,,in your BELIEVING< and Theological Understanding......which is to REST in the place where the dominion of Grace, empowers you to have "victory" that Paul talks about, which He had to do, also.
So, we follow him, and we find the same Victory in Christ.
When we follow Paul as he teaches us to exist IN GRACE, then we are abiding in "the vine".

Now, take all this basic Hebrews 13:9 and Pauline Theology teaching im giving you and apply it AS "fallen from Grace".....as that is the STATE of a person who is born again, and is back under the dominion of the law....which Paul defines as : "who has bewitched you that you OBEY NOT THE TRUTH," and are now back in the "FLESH."
Being in the FLESH = is when a believer has left faith in Christ to keep you saved and always at peace with God, and are now fallen down back into "good works" and "commandment keeping" or anything that is a self effort to try to stay in fellowship with God, and most especially try to keep themselves SAVED.

Backsliding, is more then just living in a state of dead faith......its also to try to keep yourself saved.......So, when you BELIEVE you can lose your salvation.....you have stopped trusting in Christ to keep you saved , and are now trusting in YOU. = That is "falling from Grace".

So, when you find the born again person who is teaching that you can lose your salvation, then they are revealing to you that that they are all that Paul has Described. = Fallen from Grace, and under the dominion of the law, and back in the Flesh.

Its also a fact that an unsaved person will teach the same, because they are also, under the dominion of Law.
Grace has no meaning without the law.

What is God being gracious about?

--If you've not offended in anything, God's grace is meaningless.

Upvote 0