Leaked Documents showing government tracking journalists.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I just want to put it out there that most people judge posts as pro-Trump, and against Trump. Someone like myself is trying to find truth. I do not agree with what Trump is doing concerning this topic, but I do not see how he can go about accomplishing literally anything, if he is not willing to fight back with just as much vehemence, obstruction, and force.

Fight back against what, exactly?

This puts you in an off spot where the person you want to approve of is taking on the actions of those you oppose. And it is hard to rectify, or condone.

Donald's supporters seem to have no difficulty doing this.

At the same time it is hard to vilify seeing it is directed at those who created this chaos in the first place.

Doesn't mean we can't call out whataboutism when we see it.

So for me, at this point, Trump's one saving grace in this is he hasn't turned on the people of America. Instead he is trying to gut the establishment.

You're joking, right? When did journalists stop being people of America?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Fight back against what, exactly?

I know you don't agree. There is no intelligible discourse anymore. There is no conversation just angry people telling you how you are wrong because of their opinion. Not facts. Their opinion and how they feel.

No one that is a conservative can expect to have a decent conversation or to make their point. You have to be willing to endure a beating because you are going to get wailed on.

Politically, and legally speaking. Time to crack our knuckles and get swinging back. Ain't no fun when the rabbits got the gun.

Doesn't mean we can't call out whataboutism when we see it.

Doesn't mean anyone is listening to it anyways.

You're joking, right? When did journalists stop being people of America?

I guess that would be this election cycle once the have decided to proselytise a narrative instead of tell the news. They are outright lying about issues that will have real world effects on our lives and the lives of our children.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What a dark world you live in!

You call me dark... or at least my POV. Everyday Trump faces a group that is completely set on the destruction of everything he holds dear. They lie about Him, twist every word he says, and have even spit on his supporters, punched them in the face... because they wear a hat. Because they have different views. Here, in America. The land of the free.

What do you honestly expect? Capitulation? Fear? There are some in this world you ought not try and intimidate or bully. Because they are coming right back out of that corner swinging.

Why is it wrong to defend oneself? What did you honestly expect 3 years of constant ridicule, lies and beratement of an arrogantly proud man was going to result in?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I know you don't agree. There is no intelligible discourse anymore. There is no conversation just angry people telling you how you are wrong because of their opinion. Not facts. Their opinion and how they feel.

No one that is a conservative can expect to have a decent conversation or to make their point. You have to be willing to endure a beating because you are going to get wailed on.

Politically, and legally speaking. Time to crack our knuckles and get swinging back. Ain't no fun when the rabbits got the gun.

Doesn't mean anyone is listening to it anyways.

I guess that would be this election cycle once the have decided to proselytise a narrative instead of tell the news. They are outright lying about issues that will have real world effects on our lives and the lives of our children.

Again... fight back against what?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You call me dark... or at least my POV. Everyday Trump faces a group that is completely set on the destruction of everything he holds dear. They lie about Him, twist every word he says, and have even spit on his supporters, punched them in the face... because they wear a hat. Because they have different views. Here, in America. The land of the free.

Your bottomless well of sympathy for Donald is noted.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Your bottomless well of sympathy for Donald is noted.

It's not so much sympathy as it is understanding. I do not agree with any president acting this way. No matter how much I disagree with these actions, which are 'completely' unconstitutional, I do not see how President Trump will ever be able to accomplish a single thing if he doesn't fight back just as hard against a corrupt system.

You cannot utilize or petition a corrupt system, to get a fair ruling against that system, when that system is of itself the controlling body. They will always rule to garner their own self preservation. Even if it is illegal, unethical, or unconstitutional; because they control the rulings, so no one is in risk of being held accountable for illegal, unethical, or unconstitutional rulings.

• Informative
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

What do you honestly expect? Capitulation? Fear? There are some in this world you ought not try and intimidate or bully. Because they are coming right back out of that corner swinging.

Why is it wrong to defend oneself? What did you honestly expect 3 years of constant ridicule, lies and beratement of an arrogantly proud man was going to result in?
We’ve already “won”. As citizens of this great land we know that our foundations (howvever flawed [3/5 compromise]), were set in principle rather than personages; where “the rule of law” prevailed over “the divine right of kings”…and that our Republic at least tries to uphold “equal protection under the law”.

I agree that foisting honest political debate into the fires of tribalism helps no-one but those agents of chaos, whose leader is the President Himself!

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Leaked Documents showing government tracking journalists

There is also a concern that Jared Kushner is using his security clearance, courtesy of the President, to provide his friend, the Saudi Prince, with intel concerning the names of journalists and other critics of the Kingdom!

We all know just how the Saudis intend to deal with their critics once they get their hands on them!

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Leaked Documents showing government tracking journalists

There is also a concern that Jared Kushner is using his security clearance, courtesy of the President, to provide his friend, the Saudi Prince, with intel concerning the names of journalists and other critics of the Kingdom!

We all know just how the Saudis intend to deal with their critics once they get their hands on them!

That is complete hearsay.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I agree that foisting honest political debate into the fires of tribalism helps no-one but those agents of chaos, whose leader is the President Himself!

Granted, from your point of view it will be chaotic. Trump is set on the destruction of the current system. Political upheaval is chaotic by its very nature. That being said, Jefferson Davis could not appeal to Lincoln's congress to get a fair compromise. There are points in time where relationships, and or ideals are no longer compatible. Trump cannot go to this congress for anything. He has to act outside of them through the senate, by using already passed by congress authorisation. Nothing will get passed for Trump in congress. You have to understand that. He must use what has already been approved so he doesn't get obstructed.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It's not so much sympathy as it is understanding. I do not agree with any president acting this way. No matter how much I disagree with these actions, which are 'completely' unconstitutional, I do not see how President Trump will ever be able to accomplish a single thing if he doesn't fight back just as hard against a corrupt system.

You cannot utilize or petition a corrupt system, to get a fair ruling against that system, when that system is of itself the controlling body. They will always rule to garner their own self preservation. Even if it is illegal, unethical, or unconstitutional; because they control the rulings, so no one is in risk of being held accountable for illegal, unethical, or unconstitutional rulings.

The problem is that while you weep for Donald (because nobody else will), you fail to realize that he's not so much trying to "fight back against" a corrupt system as he is trying to take it over. That's a bit of a significant difference.

The plan was never to "drain the Swamp"; it was to become its new King.

• Winner
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The problem is that while you weep for Donald (because nobody else will), you fail to realize that he's not so much trying to "fight back against" a corrupt system as he is trying to take it over. That's a bit of a significant difference.

The plan was never to "drain the Swamp"; it was to become its new King.

Look at what you just wrote.... and you question fight whom?????

Quote:

No facts, No substantiation. No critical thinking. Just 100% pure raw and aggressive emotional rhetoric without any regard to anyone else as even a human being. Complete and total disdain. Hatred. Vehmenance. How can anyone possibly even consider that individuals with power, that view Trump as 'passionately', will treat him fairly? How on this earth do you think he can be Mr Rodgers and win?

He can't. Time to knock some heads off.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Look at what you just wrote.... and you question fight whom?????

Quote:

No facts, No substantiation. No critical thinking. Just 100% pure raw and aggressive emotional rhetoric without any regard to anyone else as even a human being. Complete and total disdain. Hatred. Vehmenance. How can anyone possibly even consider that individuals with power, that view Trump as 'passionately', will treat him fairly? How on this earth do you think he can be Mr Rodgers and win?

Win what, again? You're evading the question.

He can't. Time to knock some heads off.

And replace them with his own... As was always the plan.

Careful, your loyalty is showing. Might want to tuck that back in.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Trump Administration is acting more like a Latin American regime every day. And his supporters cheer. The highlighted information is illegal and raise serious constitutional issues.

Nineteen sources described law enforcement actions ranging from the barring and removal of journalists and lawyers from Mexico, to immigrant rights advocates being shackled to benches in U.S. detention cells for hours at a time. Multiple sources, including members of the press and advocates, described being forced to turn over their notes, cameras, and phones while plainclothes U.S. border officials pumped them for information about activists working with members of the caravans.

Secondary screenings in the San Diego area have become so routine, one source said, that he has taken to leaving several hours early for his cross-border trips, anticipating being held by U.S. border guards.

Journalists, Lawyers, and Activists Working on the Border Face Coordinated Harassment From U.S. and Mexican Authorities

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think the time for trying to foist blame on previous administrations has passed.

Does that mean you'll stop blaming Trump after his administration is replaced by a democrat at some point?

Upvote 0