Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
There are many Gods and many Lords. Women do have a place in heaven. The Father has a spiritual resurrected body of flesh and bone like the Son.

The Father never had anything to be resurrected from. He was never human, He never had a Father, He never had a wife and He has only One Son. You serve a false Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The Father never had anything to be resurrected from. He was never human, He never had a Father, He never had a wife and He has only One Son. You serve a false Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Just saying something proves nothing.

(Old Testament | Psalms 82:6)

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

(New Testament | Matthew 23:9)

9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Isa_45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

There are many false gods, you serve 3 of them and claim some of you will also become gods.

Isa 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.
Isa 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
Isa 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Isa_45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

There are many false gods, you serve 3 of them and claim some of you will also become gods.

Isa 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.
Isa 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
Isa 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Jehovah said:
(Old Testament | Exodus 6:7)

7 And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.

He became their God and Saviour with this covenant. Intelligence is not created and has always existed.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Jehovah said:
(Old Testament | Exodus 6:7)

7 And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.

He became their God and Saviour with this covenant. Intelligence is not created and has always existed.

God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit always existed, nothing else. He alone is immortal.
1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
There are many Gods and many Lords. Women do have a place in heaven. The Father has a spiritual resurrected body of flesh and bone like the Son.

Women are not in a position like men. I'm not a feminist, I'm not a career woman, and I never wanted to be a minister, nor do I feel comfortable in a church with a female preacher. But Mormonism talks about family and ignores their "Heavenly Mother." Mormon women have nothing to look forward to in your heaven --- nothing!

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Yes, there are many false gods in Mormonism. It makes me sick to think about it and to think of how many people are deceived.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
No, it doesn't. Jesus is not an 'exalted human'. That's some kind of weird adoptionism. Jesus is the incarnate Word of God. Rather it is humanity that is 'exalted', if you will, by His having voluntarily taken not just our form, but our nature, in a true and living human body with a rational soul (that is the entire point of the incarnation). He united this human nature with His divinity without mixture, without change, and without confusion. This is not comparable to Mormonism's 'progression to godhood' or whatever, because Christ was never not God -- He never became God; He always was God, always is God, and always will be God. He became human at/with/through the incarnation, which as I've suggested before seems to not even be a thing in Mormonism, since in Mormonism your 'gods' all already have flesh and blood bodies.

Mormonism: The blood goes away at death, that is why they say "flesh and bone."

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Indeed who are the righteous?

(New Testament | Luke 1:5 - 7)

5 ¶ THERE was in the days of Herod, the king of Judæa, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.
7 And they had no child, because that Elisabeth was barren, and they both were now well stricken in years.

(New Testament | Luke 5:32)

32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

(Old Testament | Psalms 37:16 - 21)

16 A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.
17 For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the LORD upholdeth the righteous.
18 The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.
19 They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.
20 But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.
21 The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again: but the righteous sheweth mercy, and giveth.

(Old Testament | Psalms 58:10 - 11)

10 The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.
11 So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward for the righteous: verily he is a God that judgeth in the earth.

(Old Testament | Proverbs 10:28 - 32)

28 The hope of the righteous shall be gladness: but the expectation of the wicked shall perish.
29 The way of the LORD is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.
30 The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth.
31 The mouth of the just bringeth forth wisdom: but the froward tongue shall be cut out.
32 The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable: but the mouth of the wicked speaketh frowardness.

(New Testament | Matthew 23:31 - 35)

31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34 ¶ Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

Joseph Smith was not evil. He taught us the truth. Though there are many Gods for us there is one God, the Father, the God of Jesus Christ.

May God open your eyes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Indeed who are the righteous?

The question isn't about people that God made and proclaimed righteous thousands of years ago.

(New Testament | Luke 5:32)

32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Romans 3:10
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

You can't make yourself righteous and you can't earn it. People can't walk blameless unless God makes the sinner a new creation setting that person free from the power if Satan.

Joseph Smith was not evil. He taught us the truth. Though there are many Gods for us there is one God, the Father, the God of Jesus Christ.

You have three physically separate gods who earned their positions at different times.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

What on earth? What was the heavenly father resurrected from, exactly?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Your disagreement with truth doesn't change what is true.

The word translated gods has various meanings. And He wasn't speaking to the world at large. Some are followers of Satan. God chose a people for Himself to be a light to the rest of the world. But most of them became so wicked He sent a great flood to destroy them.

Again He was speaking to a specific group of people. When He began to address the scribes, Pharisees, and hypocrites in the majority of that chapter, He scolded them.

Matthew 23
13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. 14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
Matthew 23 KJV

1 Corinthians 1
30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Romans 4
1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. 6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

9 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness. 10 How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision. 11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also: 12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also
walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Aug 27, 2014
✟430,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dzheremi

Aug 27, 2014
✟430,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Mormonism: Adam didn't have blood before the fall. Blood makes you mortal.

tenor.gif

I was going to respond with real words, but really why? What is the point? It's not like after this that's it, no more nonsense. And I really did just make that face, too.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit always existed, nothing else. He alone is immortal.
1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
Only One that is immortal can be divine.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I can't remember where I read it, but from what I understand, the corrupted blood will be replaced by life-giving spirit. That is what makes us immortal, "spirit", the breath of life.

So our resurrected bodies will be more of a spiritual nature than they are now.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
tenor.gif

I was going to respond with real words, but really why? What is the point? It's not like after this that's it, no more nonsense. And I really did just make that face, too.
Look at it this way. There are many things that are never brought up in a regular Christian church that are topics of conversation in the Church of Jesus Christ. That is why we say, we have much more of the gospel of Jesus Christ than the regular Christians, and it makes it much more interesting to contemplate these things as we study the gospel of Jesus Christ.

So don't bow your head in disgust, let us open your eyes to all the interesting good news.

Upvote 0