Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Nobody is ignoring them! We are given the gift of immortality---it is a gift from God for the saved. It is not a right of birth.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

There is not one verse that states we existed before being born---and do not confuse God knowing who we are and will be with having existed. He knows what will happen when person A gets with person B and what the resulting person C will be like. That in no way implies we existed before being born. Immorality, as the scriptures point out, is given to the saved. But you guys truly do ignore the scriptures that clearly say ONLY God is immortal, and that also clearly state there was no God before Him nor will there be any God after Him. Which totally gets rid of this idea that God had a Father or that anyone else can become God. There is God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and they are One God and there will never be another! ONE GOD---NONE BEFORE AND NONE AFTER.
No one can become God. You can sit on His throne, You can put on His robes, You can even put on His crown---nothing will make you God. You can go to the UK and sit on the throne of England, put on her robe and put on her crown---you will not be the Queen of England. Simple. Sitting in the garage will not make me a car, wearing my dogs collar will not make me a dog, putting on your mother's high heels and dress will not turn you into your mother---even if they fit!
People existed as spirits of our Father in heaven before they were born:

(New Testament | Hebrews 12:9)

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Those who came to earth passed the first estate, but there were spirits who didn't:

(New Testament | Jude 1:6)

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Angels are spirits:

(New Testament | Hebrews 1:13 - 14)

13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

When a person dies their spirit returns to God:

(Old Testament | Ecclesiastes 12:7)

7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

When a person is out of the body they are with the Lord:

(New Testament | 2 Corinthians 5:6 - 9)

6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

When a person dies their spirit goes to be with their ancestors:

(Old Testament | Genesis 25:17)

17 And these are the years of the life of Ishmael, an hundred and thirty and seven years: and he gave up the ghost and died; and was gathered unto his people.

(Old Testament | Genesis 35:29)

29 And Isaac gave up the ghost, and died, and was gathered unto his people, being old and full of days: and his sons Esau and Jacob buried him.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
People existed as spirits of our Father in heaven before they were born:

(New Testament | Hebrews 12:9)

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Those who came to earth passed the first estate, but there were spirits who didn't:

(New Testament | Jude 1:6)

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Angels are spirits:

(New Testament | Hebrews 1:13 - 14)

13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

When a person dies their spirit returns to God:

(Old Testament | Ecclesiastes 12:7)

7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

When a person is out of the body they are with the Lord:

(New Testament | 2 Corinthians 5:6 - 9)

6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

When a person dies their spirit goes to be with their ancestors:

(Old Testament | Genesis 25:17)

17 And these are the years of the life of Ishmael, an hundred and thirty and seven years: and he gave up the ghost and died; and was gathered unto his people.

(Old Testament | Genesis 35:29)

29 And Isaac gave up the ghost, and died, and was gathered unto his people, being old and full of days: and his sons Esau and Jacob buried him.

Like, you ignore every verse that contradicts you and keep repeating those that do not in any way prove your point. And all our ancestors are dead and buried. Like David. When we are resurrected, it will be like we just woke up, our very next thought will be seeing the Lord coming in the clouds and we will be with Him forever. You refuse to acknowledge that God alone is immortal. Only He will be able to tell you otherwise and by then it will be too late for you will be worshiping another God, braking the commandments, and He will not be able to know you for you do not know Him.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Like, you ignore every verse that contradicts you and keep repeating those that do not in any way prove your point. And all our ancestors are dead and buried. Like David. When we are resurrected, it will be like we just woke up, our very next thought will be seeing the Lord coming in the clouds and we will be with Him forever. You refuse to acknowledge that God alone is immortal. Only He will be able to tell you otherwise and by then it will be too late for you will be worshiping another God, braking the commandments, and He will not be able to know you for you do not know Him.
I feel your concern and I do believe that you are genuinely concerned for my well being. I am also concerned for your well being. As I sit here I think of the story Jesus gave of Lazarus and the rich man. The rich man wanted to return from the dead so he could warn his five brothers so they would not end up in the place of torment where he was. I do not know what happened to his brothers but I do remember what Jesus said:

(New Testament | Matthew 25:40)

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

The most important aspect of the gospel is LOVE. Therefore let us LOVE one another and not just in word but in deed also.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I feel your concern and I do believe that you are genuinely concerned for my well being. I am also concerned for your well being. As I sit here I think of the story Jesus gave of Lazarus and the rich man. The rich man wanted to return from the dead so he could warn his five brothers so they would not end up in the place of torment where he was. I do not know what happened to his brothers but I do remember what Jesus said:

(New Testament | Matthew 25:40)

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

The most important aspect of the gospel is LOVE. Therefore let us LOVE one another and not just in word but in deed also.

It was Abraham that answered and he said:
Luk 16:29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
Luk 16:30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
Luk 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

That is what is so diconcerting. Knowing that there are those that will not hear the truth, no matter what.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
It was Abraham that answered and he said:
Luk 16:29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
Luk 16:30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
Luk 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

That is what is so diconcerting. Knowing that there are those that will not hear the truth, no matter what.
Do you not believe the parable that Jesus told about the rich man and Lazarus?

Read Luke 16:19-31 and tell me if you think this is true.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Do you not believe the parable that Jesus told about the rich man and Lazarus?

Read Luke 16:19-31 and tell me if you think this is true.

I believe it is a parable. and the point of it was---
Which is why he named the rich man Lazarus
---for there was indeed a man named Lazarus that Jesus raised from the dead---and the Pharisees still did not believe.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I believe it is a parable. and the point of it was---
Which is why he named the rich man Lazarus
---for there was indeed a man named Lazarus that Jesus raised from the dead---and the Pharisees still did not believe.
That is certainly 1 of the points, but another point is that after Lazarus and the rich man died they immediately found themselves alive. And Lazarus found himself in good company, while the rich man found himself in a terrible place.

The parable was to give notice to all that they needed to listen to the prophets and do the will of God or they will find themselves in the same condition (in the world of spirit prison) as the rich man, or they could find themselves a good position (in the arms of Abraham /paradise) as Lazarus found himself.

The parable was a tiny snapshot from Jesus, about what life after death was going to be like, before the resurrection.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
That is certainly 1 of the points, but another point is that after Lazarus and the rich man died they immediately found themselves alive. And Lazarus found himself in good company, while the rich man found himself in a terrible place.

The parable was to give notice to all that they needed to listen to the prophets and do the will of God or they will find themselves in the same condition (in the world of spirit prison) as the rich man, or they could find themselves a good position (in the arms of Abraham /paradise) as Lazarus found himself.

The parable was a tiny snapshot from Jesus, about what life after death was going to be like, before the resurrection.

Yes, that is what most people think---of course, I do not. Jesus said what the point was---
"Even though someone were to raise up from the dead, they still would not believe." It was not a statement on the state of the dead. Just had a very long discussion on it on about 2 threads. I know it is the popular belief.

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mod Hat On

Some Posts and Responses
have been Removed
in
Thread Clean
RV: Flaming and Goading
Do not personally attack (insult, belittle, mock, ridicule) other members or groups of members on CF. Address only the content of the post and not the poster.

Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0