Jun 29, 2015
✟164,206.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Of course. Difficult to live a proper life style in prison.
Not so he was referring to his past there
And seriously consider this section and all who read in

Philippians 3:2. Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.3. For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.4. Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:5. Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;6. Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.7. But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.8. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,9. And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:”

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟164,206.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Of course. Difficult to live a proper life style in prison.
John 16:12. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.13. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.”

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Not so he was referring to his past there
And seriously consider this section and all who read in

Philippians 3:2. Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.3. For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.4. Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:5. Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;6. Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.7. But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.8. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,9. And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:”
I believe that ole sh'aul is d'rashing about the removal of leaven in his flesh as a Pharisee While accepting Yeshua's flesh.

He is not the only Pharisee to follow Yeshua.

The leaven of malice is a cruel taskmaster that is buried in sand for oppressing the poor.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟164,206.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you have any idea what a Pharisee was?
Yes, but the danger is trying to go back under the law or trying to keep the law of Moses to be saved. This is what some of the Pharisees that believed did or tried.

Acts 151,5,24”But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.24. Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:..,But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.24. Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment”

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟164,206.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe that ole sh'aul is d'rashing about the removal of leaven in his flesh as a Pharisee While accepting Yeshua's flesh.

He is not the only Pharisee to follow Yeshua.
He said his life as a Pharisee under the law and all his works were as dung

Pause and consider

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
He said his life as a Pharisee under the law and all his works were as dung

Pause and consider
yeah, he had lacked nutritional value at one point in time.

Did you pause and consider what Dave offered.?

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Paul remained a Pharisee even as a New Covenant Jew.
BTW - so did James. Some records indicate that James actually led one of the main training schools for Pharisees (probably Beit Shammai) and was killed by some of his students for not renouncing his Brother.

Paul didn't teach the Gentiles the law. He taught them a higher way - the way of the Spirit. The law was only given to man because of transgressions because of the carnal nature inherited from Adam's sin which brought in death. And the law was only UNTIL Christ came to take away the sin nature inherited from Adam so that we no longer are an offense to God. The law was to show us our sin, but if you no longer commit sin, you don't need the law. The Spirit super-sensitizes our conscience, and do to others as you would have them do unto you. You just go to bed each night with a clear conscience. You don't kill, because your conscience won't let you. You don't steal, because your conscience won't let you. Etc, etc, etc. The laws God wants us to follow are now written on our heart/conscience.

Those who have never repented of their sin nature and never been born again of the Spirit with a new nature that naturally follows God do not belong to Christ. It doesn't matter how much of the written laws you memorize and try to do, you will never be good enough BECAUSE of still having the sin nature. This is why Jesus said we must be born again of the Spirit. Otherwise, we will always be learning, but never come to the knowledge of the truth. The Holy Spirit is Truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, but the danger is trying to go back under the law or trying to keep the law of Moses to be saved. This is what some of the Pharisees that believed did or tried.

Acts 151,5,24”But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.24. Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:..,But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.24. Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment”
While posting in the messianic sub forum there are specific guidelines to be respected.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
We are not talking gentiles here.

I'm talking about Christians. One new man made up of Jews and Gentiles. Paul was commissioned as the apostle to the Gentiles.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm talking about Christians. One new man made up of Jews and Gentiles.
Go read Acts 21. The Acts 15 agreement (referenced there) was ONLY to gentiles coming to New Covenant faith, NOT Jews. (which included Paul)

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Paul didn't teach the Gentiles the law. He taught them a higher way - the way of the Spirit. The law was only given to man because of transgressions because of the carnal nature inherited from Adam's sin which brought in death. And the law was only UNTIL Christ came to take away the sin nature inherited from Adam so that we no longer are an offense to God. The law was to show us our sin, but if you no longer commit sin, you don't need the law. The Spirit super-sensitizes our conscience, and do to others as you would have them do unto you. You just go to bed each night with a clear conscience. You don't kill, because your conscience won't let you. You don't steal, because your conscience won't let you. Etc, etc, etc. The laws God wants us to follow are now written on our heart/conscience.

Those who have never repented of their sin nature and never been born again of the Spirit with a new nature that naturally follows God do not belong to Christ. It doesn't matter how much of the written laws you memorize and try to do, you will never be good enough BECAUSE of still having the sin nature. This is why Jesus said we must be born again of the Spirit. Otherwise, we will always be learning, but never come to the knowledge of the truth. The Holy Spirit is Truth.
Being grafted into a Tree.

I don't recall inheriting any sin..

Are you perhaps struggling with antisemitism?

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟164,206.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Some of the sect..." Do you know there were several different sects of Pharisees?
The point is they were believers confused about the law as many are today
Read 2 Cor 3:6-to the end, which is showing that the letter, (All OT writing under the old covenant$, the tables of stone (Ten Commandments) and the Old Testament are done away abolished in thier administration for believers today and yes that includes the sabbath law

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟164,206.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We are not talking gentiles here.
Galatians 3:24. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.25. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.26. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.27. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.28. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.”

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟164,206.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Go read Acts 21. The Acts 15 agreement (referenced there) was ONLY to gentiles coming to New Covenant faith, NOT Jews. (which included Paul)
The Jews still were struggling with the law and coming out of the OT read Hebrews and understand the time of reformation and the decaying slowly, and abolishing of that old covenant. It was fading away. The end of it seemed to be with the destruction of the temple

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The point is they were believers confused about the law as many are today
Read 2 Cor 3:6-to the end, which is showing that the letter, (All OT writing under the old covenant$, the tables of stone (Ten Commandments) and the Old Testament are done away abolished in thier administration for believers today and yes that includes the sabbath law
again,
You are disrespecting the forum guidelines

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Being grafted into a Tree.

I don't recall inheriting any sin..

Are you perhaps struggling with antisemitism?

Was Adam a Jew? That's who we inherited our sin nature from, because Adam's sin brought in death. I am united with Jews so how can I be antisemitic?

Upvote 0