LaHaye vs. Hanegraaff -- Premillennialism vs. Preterism

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mary Phillips

Just The Facts said:
Hi

It is the book of Enoch..................banned in 325 AD. But quoted by Jesus, Peter, James, Jude, Paul, and of course John............In fact it is quoted or referenced over 30 Times in the NT.
Book of Enoch? So that is part of the bible too? I heard it mentioned in the bible but didn't know it existed. Is it reliable? thanks

Upvote 0

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi

Not Reliable .........is the main claim against it..........................By 325 Ad the gnostics had so poluted the copying of it that there were many versions.

It totally disapeared and then a copy was found in Ethiopia in the 1700's ..............Then In Asia Minor....................but chapters 7-10 were disputed

HOWEVER we have found it with the Dead sea scrolls and so we have the most desputed parts of it confirmed for us in these scrolls...............they are from about 64AD which is when the Dead sea scrolls were hidden. Long before the Gnostics and probably an exact copy of what jesus and the Saints were quoting from

I believe it is God's word and can be trusted.

here is a link to it if you are interested

http://jtf27.tripod.com/enoch.htm

Upvote 0
B

Bevlina

Just The Facts said:
Hi Bev

I was just thinking of you .....your ears must have been burning................

How is life downunder....................Hope your family is well..............Things are going well in Canada ...have you talked to Melissa lately.................I hope her struggle goes well, I often am troubled by the evil and deception I sense when I ask for help in the Spirit on this matter.

I am happy to see you are still around and on the offensive...................Do not let anyone deter you from the path the Spirit has chosen for you and the Truth it has led you to.

Peace to you and yours Bev
Hi JTF!
Yep, Sam and I still email. She's going fine! We three have known one another a long time now haven't we? You know me JTF, I always follow my Lord Jesus and allow the Holy Spirit to guide me in all things.
The Book of Enoch, a wonderful, beautiful book. Yes, it is mentioned in the Bible and I praise God we are able to read it today. But, it was mean't for a latter generation. God's timing is perfect. Thanks for that link too! The book is deep, very deep, but if we take it one step at a time, the Holy Spirit reveals to us things we would never have known.
I do hope your lovely family is well and happy JTF!! :wave:
May God Bless you and your's.

Upvote 0
M

Mary Phillips

I found this in it. Is this the endtimes also?

Enoch 931 I was born the seventh in the first week, While judgement and righteousness still endured. 4 And after me there shall arise in the second weekgreat wickedness, And deceit shall have sprung up; And in it there shall be the first end. And in it a man shall be saved; And after it is ended unrighteousness shall grow up, And a law shall be made for the sinners. 5 And after that in the third week at its close A man shall be elected as the plant of righteous judgement, And his posterity shall become the plant of righteousness for evermore. 6 And after that in the fourth week, at its close, Visions of the holy and righteous shall be seen, And a law for all generations and an enclosure shall be made for them. 7 And after that in the fifth week, at its close, The house of glory and dominion shall be built for ever. 8 And after that in the sixth week all who live in it shall be blinded, And the hearts of all of them shall godlessly forsake wisdom. And in it a man shall ascend; And at its close the house of dominion shall be burnt with fire, And the whole race of the chosen root shall be dispersed. And after that in the seventh week shall an apostate generation arise, And many shall be its deeds, And all its deeds shall be apostate. 10 And at its close shall be elected The elect righteous of the eternal, plant of righteousness, To receive sevenfold instruction concerning all His creation.12 And after that there shall be another, the eighth week, that of righteousness, And a sword shall be given to it that a righteous judgement may be executed on the oppressors, And sinners shall be delivered into the hands of the righteous. 13 And at its close they shall acquire houses through their righteousness, And a house shall be built for the Great King in glory for evermore, 14d And all mankind shall look to the path of uprightness.

carm org/lost/enoch htm

Upvote 0

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi Bev

My family is doing very well and growing up fast............My sons have already faced these truths that are the lies of Azazel and are prepared to stand with the Truth of the Prince Of Peace even at such a young age.

The book is very helpful in understanding Revelation and many other things.

But To each in their Time............... and a Time for each................ when the Spirit decides and not before.................then are the eyes open.

All Wisdom and Knowledge and Power and Glory and Praise belongs to him.

Let us be bold in the Spirit and not fail to stand as witness to these things.

Warmest thoughts and Peace always ......................my sister in Christ.......... in Jesus .................. in The Prince of Peace.

Upvote 0
B

Bevlina

Just The Facts said:
Hi Bev

My family is doing very well and growing up fast............My sons have already faced these truths that are the lies of Azazel and are prepared to stand with the Truth of the Prince Of Peace even at such a young age.

The book is very helpful in understanding Revelation and many other things.

But To each in their Time............... and a Time for each................ when the Spirit decides and not before.................then are the eyes open.

All Wisdom and Knowledge and Power and Glory and Praise belongs to him.

Let us be bold in the Spirit and not fail to stand as witness to these things.

Warmest thoughts and Peace always ......................my sister in Christ.......... in Jesus .................. in The Prince of Peace.
:) :hug:

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,752,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Just The Facts said:
Hi

First off I have never said that rapture does not happen. Second i do not mean fundy in a derogatory sense at all just an abreviation.

Ok I see you are a minor and major tribulation believer.

But you have still not answered the Question when did the Beast get out of the Pit.

You have danced around the fact scripture is clear he is in the Pit..............Now you say he is Not

Scripture Please..............................

Scripture says the Beast is in the Pit .............Please show me where scripture says he got out.

If you are so sure he is out when did this happen.
Talk about dancing around.....why don't you answer for your comment equating pretrib beleivers with the harlot?

NOW you say you never said there wasn't a rapture....yet you had written "I think the false doctrine of Rapture is evil"

You want me to address what you want to address and ignore what I had already brought up. Heck with that!
Answer for the harlot comment first, JTF!

In the meantime, I have alot to do.

Upvote 0
M

Mary Phillips

JTF
Hi

First off I have never said that rapture does not happen. Second i do not mean fundy in a derogatory sense at all just an abreviation.

Ok I see you are a minor and major tribulation believer.

But you have still not answered the Question when did the Beast get out of the Pit.

You have danced around the fact scripture is clear he is in the Pit..............Now you say he is Not

Scripture Please..............................

Scripture says the Beast is in the Pit .............Please show me where scripture says he got out.

If you are so sure he is out when did this happen.

FreeinChrist said:
Talk about dancing around.....why don't you answer for your comment equating pretrib beleivers with the harlot?

NOW you say you never said there wasn't a rapture....yet you had written "I think the false doctrine of Rapture is evil"

You want me to address what you want to address and ignore what I had already brought up. Heck with that!
Answer for the harlot comment first, JTF!

In the meantime, I have alot to do.
Can we just settle down and where does the beast come up out of the dark pit. Is this a real pit or just an image of one? thanks.

Upvote 0

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi Mary………………… or is it ………………….. Inhim

Back under a new name again

no that is the whole kit and caboodle .......................from the creation to the return of Jesus.

The 4th week is Moses

the Sixth week is Jesus and the Jews and Jerusalem’s destruction.

We have been in the seventh week since the Fourth Century. The seventh week closes with the sealing of the 144,000 .

The Eighth week is the Great day of the lord or judgement day the Wrath of God which is the Seven Trumpets..........at the end Mankind does this

Isaiah 2:2: And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 3: And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 4: And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
M

Mary Phillips

Hi JTF. I am always in Him and He is in me. Thank you for that explanation and bless you.

1 col27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

2 corin 1:21 Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us [is] God, 22 who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

Upvote 0

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi free

As for the Rapture thing I have always made it clear I believe the event known as rapture happens as Paul says and revelation confirms at the End of the Sixth Trumpet or the Sounding of the seventh and last trumpet.

I should have said PRE TRIB RAPTURE Thing is evil sorry that is what I meant.

As I have shown It is the harlot that thinks she is the Bride of Christ saying to herself I am Queen.

So yes I have shown this in scripture. perhaps you missed the two times I posted that.

Now When did the Beast get out of the Pit………………………..With Scripture please.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.