✟268,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
FredVB said:
First I acknowledge that I am not at all a regular pool player. If this arrangement is a possible result of a break, I don't have such background to recognize that. Some others might be able to recognize its possibility, but I don't know that.

If there isn't such recognized, to validate the claim it was a break, there would need to be a computer simulation, or something equivalent, to show that.

But I do think of the probabilities I mention here.

If there is a play, I don't believe it would ever be stopped after a break, for one to make a photo, even an electronic one with a phone, especially to use for discussion of documentation. The players would actually keep playing, without the break at the start ever being photographed. So I see the probability is that the balls were actually manually arranged, and that arrangement on the pool table then photographed, likely for such discussion as this.

If there was computer simulation actually showing that would result from a break, that could establish it well enough, though it was valid to say first that probably isn't the case. But if it would be established that it could be from a break, even that meaning it probably was, that hardly will make a fair analogy to the start of this universe with all the mass of its matter and energy from a microscopic size. This was what was meant in discussing this, surely. If that beginning were possible, there still aren't the parameters of the physical constants independent of each other taken into account, that would have to be exactly right for this universe to expand just right with the great systems in it, the stars, and the particles, among more things that make all this, to be possible. There is nothing in such pool analogy to correspond to that. There have always been many things not explained, with moving away from understanding that the Creator is at the start of it all.

Kylie said:
Those people would be analogous to scientists. And, in both the analogy and reality, we should consider the viewpoints of those more experienced and qualified to be the most accurate.

That's stretching the analogy a bit far, I think.

I addressed the question of the pool table setup as it was asked, as there wasn't claimed that it was only for an analogy, so I could address that specifically, though it was understood to yet be analogous. But the analogy does not really represent Creationist argument well. That is with recognizing great complexity that is highly ordered. The analogy does not consider the creator who made the pool table and balls, even.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I addressed the question of the pool table setup as it was asked, as there wasn't claimed that it was only for an analogy, so I could address that specifically, though it was understood to yet be analogous. But the analogy does not really represent Creationist argument well. That is with recognizing great complexity that is highly ordered. The analogy does not consider the creator who made the pool table and balls, even.

I feel you are missing the point of the analogy.

There is a situation where we do not know the origin of that situation. There is a piece of documentation that claims to describe the origin, but it was not written by the originator (which in this case refers to whatever caused the situation to come about, not necessarily some conscious entity), and how the documentation may not be an accurate description of the origin, so we should not just conclude that it IS just because it claims to be accurate.

• Agree
Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
... and how the documentation may not be an accurate description of the origin,
"May not be"?

Aren't you the one who said in your OP:
Let's say someone broke, and then a second person wrote down a statement claiming that he had not broken,
That doesn't sound like a "may not be" to me.

That sounds like an "isn't."

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
"May not be"?

Aren't you the one who said in your OP:That doesn't sound like a "may not be" to me.

And my plate may not be the cleanest crockery in the house considering I just had dinner.

How typical of you to quibble over minutiae when you have nothing of importance to contribute.

Upvote 0

Bugeyedcreepy

Jun 7, 2016
Canberra, Australia
✟88,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
"May not be"?

Aren't you the one who said in your OP:That doesn't sound like a "may not be" to me.

Player 3, and for that matter, anyone else reading the document afterwards wouldn't have this inside info. Does it really need to be laid out for you?

-_-

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How typical of you to quibble over minutiae when you have nothing of importance to contribute.
"Minutiae"? You're the one who plutoed your own term; which watered it down substantially.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
"Minutiae"? You're the one who plutoed your own term; which watered it down substantially.

Again, you are wasting time. And I doubt you're impressing anyone by trying to invent your own figures of speech based on ridiculous notions that only you think are important.

• Agree
Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Player 3, and for that matter, anyone else reading the document afterwards wouldn't have this inside info.
Player 3 is believing a lie on faith.

We would say of Player 3:

"He is sincere, but sincerely wrong."
Bugeyedcreepy said:
Does it really need to be laid out for you?
No.

This thread is an excellent example of a cult that arises because the originator of the action didn't document what he did, when he did it, where he did it, why he did it, what order he did it in, how long it took him to do it, why it took him that long, and who the eyewitnesses were.

Any attempts to apply this to Biblical creation would be comparing apples to oranges.

Upvote 0

Bugeyedcreepy

Jun 7, 2016
Canberra, Australia
✟88,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

"He is sincere, but sincerely wrong."
Agreed!
No.

This thread is an excellent example of a cult that arises because the originator of the action didn't document what he did, when he did it, where he did it, why he did it, what order he did it in, how long it took him to do it, why it took him that long, and who the eyewitnesses were.
:D Agreed Again! :D You do really well at this from an objective standpoint!

lol!
Any attempts to apply this to Biblical creation would be comparing apples to oranges.
And that's where you depart from reality.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And that's where you depart from reality.
Three questions:

In this challenge:

1. Is Player 1 right?
2. Is Player 2 right?
3. Is Player 3 right?

My answers are:

1. Yes
2. No
3. No

Upvote 0

Bugeyedcreepy

Jun 7, 2016
Canberra, Australia
✟88,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Three questions:

In this challenge:

1. Is Player 1 right?
2. Is Player 2 right?
3. Is Player 3 right?

My answers are:

1. Yes
2. No
3. No
One more question AV:

Is Player 3 "right" if he were to decide that Player 1 wrote the document instead of Player 2?

Reactions: Kylie
Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

"He is sincere, but sincerely wrong."No.

How do you not get the analogy?

The Biblical account of creation is the documentation. It may not be correct.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bugeyedcreepy

Jun 7, 2016
Canberra, Australia
✟88,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well, this analogy relates to reality as follows -

1. Player 1 is "What Actually happened in the beginning, whether it be Fiat Creation or some Natural Singularity"
2. Player 2 is " the various religious claims (Bible Included) from unknown authors about What Actually happened in the beginning"
3. Player 3 are "all the people of today assessing the various religious claims from those unknown authors".

The correct answers (as you correctly state) are:

1. Player 1 is right because Whatever Actually happened, is a Fact.
2. Player 2 is not right because the facts of Whatever Actually happened do not correlate, or there is insufficient evidence to explain why the claims mismatch the observations by Player 3.
3. Player 3 is not right because some/many/all of the Facts about What Actually Happened do not match the Claims made by Player 2

To go a step further, an unfounded claim by Player 3 that Player 2's document was actually written by Player 1 instead, doesn't trump the fact that no evidence of Player 1 being a God in the first place even exists, let alone that were such a God to exist, that he wrote Player 2's document. This is every bit as wrong as Player 3's original assessment is, and in fact, may be so wrong as to be "not even wrong" to start with.

So, now you've agreed that Player 3 would still be incorrect if he claimed Player 1 wrote the document instead, this makes your posts completely irrational claiming "God wrote it, That settles it!", because you've amply shown that a disconnected rational assessment Demonstrates (even to you!) that you could be wrong!
That's not an option.
Your personal wishes don't change the facts. That you don't want it to be an option isn't going to change those facts either.

I'm glad you came to play, AV, it has indeed been an eye-opener. :D

• Winner
Reactions: Kylie
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
FredVB said:
But if it would be established that it could be from a break, even that meaning it probably was, that hardly will make a fair analogy to the start of this universe with all the mass of its matter and energy from a microscopic size. This was what was meant in discussing this, surely. If that beginning were possible, there still aren't the parameters of the physical constants independent of each other taken into account, that would have to be exactly right for this universe to expand just right with the great systems in it, the stars, and the particles, among more things that make all this, to be possible. There is nothing in such pool analogy to correspond to that. There have always been many things not explained, with moving away from understanding that the Creator is at the start of it all.

I could address that specifically, though it was understood to yet be analogous. But the analogy does not really represent Creationist argument well. That is with recognizing great complexity that is highly ordered. The analogy does not consider the creator who made the pool table and balls, even.

Kylie said:
I feel you are missing the point of the analogy.

There is a situation where we do not know the origin of that situation. There is a piece of documentation that claims to describe the origin, but it was not written by the originator (which in this case refers to whatever caused the situation to come about, not necessarily some conscious entity), and how the documentation may not be an accurate description of the origin, so we should not just conclude that it IS just because it claims to be accurate.

I believe you are missing the case pointed out that the analogy is not corresponding to what is to be considered with how the beginning of our universe is to be explained. The case of a pool table and the balls is only dealing with whether the balls came to a position with one shot played, breaking them. There aren't even players one, two, three or four. If there were, a game would have been continuing with any players there watching the play, and with no such discussion as this. But that there are a player or players, a pool table, balls, cue stick, and a place for them existing are all taken for granted without explanation.

Creationists are not, at least those serious about discussing it and studying about it and not certain exceptions you might encounter around here, simply saying that all that there is, with whatever arrangement is around, must have a Creator who already was around, evwn with using just a claim for that from something written that was around a long time because they will just believe that. This is what this case that was shown is to be analogous to, but that is not the actual case.

There is nothing established that you can show explains the microscopic form that existed to expand with space to be all this universe, but there is necessary existence, and only this necessary being, to explain this. If our universe is with highly ordered complexity, this is from the necessary being with the capacity to make that, with it necessarily unlimited capacity.

The intelligence we have, with which to reason about truth, to know it, is not explained from complexity from natural processes. The necessary being from which there is intelligent design, even if the universe came from the microscopic existence with the big bang, to have the parameters just right to still exist as it does, has intelligence for that, and then this is without limit, and does explain how we have ours, from that unlimited ability to create.

We expect such necessary being which provides for us to communicate with us who are created, as with possibly revealing our purpose here. As such communication would be made for us to understand, we would look at all the communications which exist claiming to be the revelation of this being. We have reason to say the Bible is the one, apart from orhers, which shows qualification to be that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0