Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So is my dog not alive, or does it have a soul?

Dogs have life blood and a soul. Which is why God even put some responsibility onto animals.
Genesis 9:5
And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal. And from each human being, too, I will demand an accounting for the life of another human being.

But creature like insects with haemolymph it could be debatable.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,780.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dogs have life blood and a soul. Which is why God even put some responsibility onto animals.
Genesis 9:5
And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal. And from each human being, too, I will demand an accounting for the life of another human being.

But creature like insects with haemolymph it could be debatable.
So what animals have a soul, where can we find a list?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Not by biblical standard of life which is only creatures with life blood and a soul.

So this is what it feels like to not be alive since I have neither "soul" no "life blood". (I do have animal blood made of various proteins and cells, but no special "blood of life".)

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So what animals have a soul, where can we find a list?

No idea if there is a list, but it would be for life blood, there wouldn't be a soul without life blood. But there are good arguments for why insects were not considered to be life as they viewed life. 'flesh' bāśār is never used about insects.
Also given the cleanliness laws the ancient Israelite's had if they had viewed insects as life and they swatted a bug then they would have been unclean. So another argument that points to insects and hemolymph not being classified as life blood/alive.

Upvote 0