Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’ve listened to many documentaries of people killing other people with knives. That includes people in their own families. I remember one story the 18 year old lured the two children out from the bathroom and killed them after acting as though he was hurt. The 18 year old also killed with his brother mom and dad. The 18 year old took pride in what he had done killing his family the brother on the hand tried anyway he could to lie and get out it.

the only remaining soul was the two year old in the crib they forgot about… sad situation but it something that happens in life. The darkness and evil of it is real.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
America was launched into the modern era of mass murders with the one-two gut punch of the Charles Whitman Texas tower massacre and the brutal murder of eight nurses by Richard Speck in Chicago. Both occurring in the summer of 1966. One was perpetrated with a firearm, the other with a knife and by strangulation.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
America was launched into the modern era of mass murders with the one-two gut punch of the Charles Whitman Texas tower massacre and the brutal murder of eight nurses by Richard Speck in Chicago. Both occurring in the summer of 1966. One was perpetrated with a firearm, the other with a knife and by strangulation.
Germany restricts gun sales. They banned semiautomatic rifle sales and sales of guns to convicted criminals. The U.S. murder rate is more than five times higher than Germany’s.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Germany restricts gun sales. They banned semiautomatic rifle sales and sales of guns to convicted criminals. The U.S. murder rate is more than five times higher than Germany’s.

We value personal freedom more than personal responsibility here in America. We also need guns in order to protect ourselves from ourselves (although we generally do a poor job of it).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hmmm... :idea: Yeah..! if those knife victims had guns they could have easily blown the knife wielding maniac away.

Many people of color complain of being followed by security personnel when shopping. Where was security that day?

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,015.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
These two were clearly unable to obtain guns so used weapons that are familiar to them. Is there a lesson here regarding restrictions on gun ownership?

Germany knife attack victims were all women -police (msn.com)
Humans will always find a way to kill each other. But there are noticably less cases of murder here in Germany than in America.
I would also dare to say that you can defend yourself more easily against a knife than against a gun - resulting in less cases with a deadly outcome.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Humans will always find a way to kill each other. But there are noticably less cases of murder here in Germany than in America.
I would also dare to say that you can defend yourself more easily against a knife than against a gun - resulting in less cases with a deadly outcome.

I dare say that you guys are a bit more civilized than we are. :(

Upvote 0

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Thank you for sharing this earlier will take a look sometime.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
These two were clearly unable to obtain guns so used weapons that are familiar to them. Is there a lesson here regarding restrictions on gun ownership?

Germany knife attack victims were all women -police (msn.com)

I got a John Stossel book packed up with my other books, but from his Libertarian point of view he attacked the various "Common Sense" notions of needing to regulate various things including firearms.

He pointed out that we went 80 something years without the regulation of rapid fire/ automatic firearms. (Basically the invention of the Gatling gun before the Civil War and the Maxim machine gun, the 1st modern machine gun dating back to something like 1885 or so).

It was government intervention that set the stage for the 1st gun ban, in the form of Prohibition, that made the criminal gangs get rich, and fight over territory and eventually go after the automatic weapons.

Before that, such weapons generally were impractical, and it was only the rich tycoons that out fitted their security forces with military grade weaponry as far as things like Gatling guns, canons and early machine guns. Where they had small armies that guarded their large estates.

Another interesting point, that people forget is the instrument of mass deaths in American. In Americas earlier past there were some horrible mass killings, these were not done by fire arms at all. Instead dynamite, black powder etc. was the culprit. But except for terrorist attacks like 9/11 our other mass shootings have not matched the body count of some of these early bombings where people blew up school houses, court houses, churches, and town halls in the 1800s to the 1920s dynamite that they got from a mining site or company etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
One is more likely to die from blunt objects or bare hands than from any type of rifle in the US according to FBI statistics.

Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Most governments restrict the private ownership of firearms. Few nations allow the freedom that Americans enjoy in this regard. This is because we are still a functioning democracy (for now). Many governments fear armed revolution (which they call insurrection) by their own people because of their tyrannical rule. Many such developing nations retain large defense forces for the primary purpose of controlling their own people.

Upvote 0

ss51

Sep 12, 2015
✟67,128.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Kind of conveniently leaving out both world wars and the holocaust in the 20th century?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,015.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
duh- that is what stands out after a comment about less murder in Germany than the U.S.A., those in the concentration camps weren't mudered?
Not every topic has to end in a discussion about WWII and the Holocaust...

I am pretty sure this thread is about the average amount of victims in modern times, not the accumulated amount of victims throughout history. Do I really have to explain these things to you?

Reactions: Sketcher
Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,015.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The only arrogance I can detect in this thread is someone coming along accusing a German guy of "conveniently leaving out both world wars and the holocaust" while both of them have little to nothing to do with this thread.

To make it clear, even for you: My comment "there are noticably less cases of murder here in Germany than in America" was referring to today, not to whatever happened 80 years ago. There was no war in Germany for more than half a century.

Upvote 0