Kippah/Tallit in a church???

ShirChadash

A Jew, by the grace and love of God. Come home!
Oct 31, 2003
Visit site
✟22,943.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
simchat_torah said:
oh no, I'm not saying that at all...

But I was merely making an observation that those of Jewish descent are often specifically offended by being accused of "imitating" Judaism, when they themselves are Jewish!

that's all.

shalom,
yafet.
WHEW! Oh, I am so sorry I misconstrued your meaning (and so thankful, :D ). Forgive my interruption to the thread. :blush:

Upvote 0

johnd

Nov 30, 2003
God bless.
Visit site
✟9,564.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
simchat_torah said:
oh no, I'm not saying that at all...

But I was merely making an observation that those of Jewish descent are often specifically offended by being accused of "imitating" Judaism, when they themselves are Jewish!

that's all.

shalom,
yafet.
May I clarify one point?

This offense is needless. The point of imitation was not of Judaism but of the form of Judaism that rejects Yeshua. (Is that better put???)

How can a Jew imitate a Jew? That was never the point I was making.

b'shalom.

Upvote 0

AnnieBanannie

Apr 5, 2007
✟15,135.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I've read almost all the post posted, and well since this is a healthy envirement where we can discuss our views I want to get y'lls opinions on this... Yeshua the messiah is the savior of the jews, at the time when he lived alot of them thought he was a false prophet, so as it is prophesied in Isaiah, he, G-d offered salvation to the gentiles... now BOTH the jewish and the christians believe in yeshua as the risen savior... my question and statement, everyone has convictions from the L-RD... I myself do not consider myslelf a simple christian but a follower of Yeshua recognizing the law torah, old and new testament, but I am still learning...

My question, do you guys agree or disagree that we should put the body (as in the body of christ) before our differences and our convicted believes, since not everyone has the same convictions.. ?

hope I Get responses!...

shalom shalom be unto all of you!

Upvote 0

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My question, do you guys agree or disagree that we should put the body (as in the body of christ) before our differences and our convicted believes, since not everyone has the same convictions.. ?

hope I Get responses!...

shalom shalom be unto all of you!

As far as the tallit and kippah go i don't think your going to see that much anyplace other than a messianic synagogue, since we're speaking of christ.

Just as CM mentioned in another post, your going to run into cultural differences from nation to nation and here in the states, from church to church.

Here at cf, the nicene creed is found to be something that many denominations agree to, and from that we work to bridge fellowship across our differences.

Upvote 0
Feb 20, 2004
Visit site
✟22,847.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Of course, I also don't know that I'd consider a visit to a church a time of prayer; I'd probably go just to be polite & count the minutes until the service ended.

Why didn't anyone tell me I was such a pompous jerk? :sorry:

As to the question, the answer is probably one of personal conviction. However, something to consider: wearing a tallit in an evangelical church is more likely to convince members you're a follower of Benny Hinn than it is to show you're Messianic. That, and pessimists like me would probably assume you're just trying to get attention. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wags

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2004
Oregon
✟12,463.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Well if you were wearing a brightly colored one - then maybe attention was at the root of it. Hubby has a black leather one that tends to blend into his hair that he wears for more formal occasions, or places he doesn't want to draw attention to himself.

He also has a nice collection of colorful ones including one that has a repeating pattern of the US and Israel flags around the edge. He wore that one to a pro-palestinian rally that a local church was holding. It definately got him attention - and he was given the opportunity to speak that he might not have had otherwise.

Upvote 0