May 8, 2011
dallas tx
✟530.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You mean they have always looked for the heavenly kingdom to be established upon earth with their tiny nation as the throne of it.

I only mean to point out they never spoke/thought of it as the "kingdom of God" but their own "heavenly" kingdom ruled by Messiah. That is one of the reasons Jesus spoke to the Pharisees about the "Kingdom of God is within you." (Lu 17:21)

Matthew is credited with addressing the Jews concerning all these Jesus Christ as Him being the "Lion of the tribe of Judah". That title he knew the Jews would understand.

I hope that helps.. :)

Show me where he said the kingdom of god is within you. Bible says bad things happen to thosthose who go misrepresenting His word.

Upvote 0

Ormly

Senior Veteran
Dec 11, 2004
✟7,151.00
Faith
Christian
Show me where he said the kingdom of god is within you. Bible says bad things happen to thosthose who go misrepresenting His word.

Then you should take that to heart yourself and be 'extremely careful' how you accuse others:

"And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." Luke 17:20-21 (KJV)
. . :wave:

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2010
United States
✟15,642.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you for all the differing opinions. Please check out my next thread which will be named "Kingdom of God". I will try again to explain why the Kingdom of God is different to the Kingdom of Heaven.

Please remember that debate is a means of learning.

Julian of York

Upvote 0

heterodoxical

May 8, 2011
dallas tx
✟530.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Then you should take that to heart yourself and be 'extremely careful' how you accuse others:

"And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." Luke 17:20-21 (KJV)
. . :wave:

I thought i had responded to tthis. Check that verse in anyother translation. Then pull oit dear old strongs, (I'm betting thats what you use.) And check that part, "inside you".

Christ said specifically. Among you. If the kingdom of heaven was in you at death, a good biy would implode and go tto heaven.

Upvote 0

Ormly

Senior Veteran
Dec 11, 2004
✟7,151.00
Faith
Christian
I thought i had responded to tthis. Check that verse in anyother translation. Then pull oit dear old strongs, (I'm betting thats what you use.) And check that part, "inside you".

Christ said specifically. Among you. If the kingdom of heaven was in you at death, a good biy would implode and go tto heaven.

Question: Do you consider yourself, "born again"? <no trick here>

Upvote 0

heterodoxical

May 8, 2011
dallas tx
✟530.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Question: Do you consider yourself, "born again"? <no trick here>

By your definition absolutely.

By what Scripture describes, not even close.

I can't claim to be in fellowship with Him because I still walk in the darkness sometimes, 1 john 1:3-8/ 2:8.

I can't claim to know Him, 1 john 3:6.

I can't claim to be born of Him, Gal 2:20, 1 john 3:9, 5:18.

I can't claim to be indwelled by the Spirit rom 8:9 as I still have a sinful nature active.

There are a FEW reasons.

Upvote 0

Ormly

Senior Veteran
Dec 11, 2004
✟7,151.00
Faith
Christian
By your definition absolutely.

By what Scripture describes, not even close.

I can't claim to be in fellowship with Him because I still walk in the darkness sometimes, 1 john 1:3-8/ 2:8.

I can't claim to know Him, 1 john 3:6.

I can't claim to be born of Him, Gal 2:20, 1 john 3:9, 5:18.

I can't claim to be indwelled by the Spirit rom 8:9 as I still have a sinful nature active.

There are a FEW reasons.

Consider this <and thanks for the honesty, though I believe you short change Christ by such an admission> . . . Our soul can only accommodate one nature.

When born again God imputes to us His Nature. Obviously, I am saying the old one is done away with [to be reckoned dead] and is no longer the issue.

Having said that, let me point out that Father's new divine Nature is the habitation for His Kingdom. Ergo, the Kingdom is within us we speak of that can only be entered into by violent force on our part. Now, having said that, we can readily see to understand what Paul is speaking of when referring to himself in Romans 7. Read it and note: he never even alludes to his old nature when speaking of the battle.

Read it to see where the battle really lies and also to realize what it 'really' is that God has deposited, of Himself that was also in Christ, that relates us to Him AND Father.

Here is the challenge: "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." Romans 8:9 (KJV) cf Romans 7.

Upvote 0

heterodoxical

May 8, 2011
dallas tx
✟530.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Consider this <and thanks for the honesty, though I believe you short change Christ by such an admission> . . . Our soul can only accommodate one nature.

Oh we see eye to eye on this point. I just think according to scripture, people claim to be what they are not more times than not. NOT blaming the people, that's what they are taught. But scripture seems to imply otherwise.

For example, Do you still commit sins? I'm not asking if God doesn't overlook them for they are atoned, do you still commit them? Then scripture puts you in the same boat I am on the verses above. But WHO WANTS TO CLAIM THAT???? It's scary. So people spend more time fitting scripture to their understanding than their understanding to scripture. And the fact is, what we understand doesn't really matter, if we just run the race, HE will get us there.

When born again God imputes to us His Nature.

If you are born of God you will not continue to SIN, and in fact can not sin. OU HAMARTANO. I can't claim to be born again, yet. I trust Him to get me there, and realize if/when I get there, I probably won't notice any change, as He will be changing my nature, and it will seem, errr natural.

The Imputed sin, is the first step. Rom 6:22, freedom from sin, obedience, gain a benefit, benefit leads to sanctification. Born of HIM is a step in maturation, not salvation.

Obviously, I am saying the old one is done away with [to be reckoned dead] and is no longer the issue.

Reckoned dead is not done away with, but over looked. it says the sinful nature is circumcised, that if you are in the Spirit you are no longer in the flesh, NO WHERE in those verses or chapters does it hint it's a perception, but that it's a literal reality.

Having said that, let me point out that Father's new divine Nature is the habitation for His Kingdom.

I agree with that, but for such diverse reasoning than the way you got there...

Ergo, the Kingdom is within us we speak of that can only be entered into by violent force on our part.

1 john 1 says you can't be in Him if you don't live in the light as HE DOES. He wrote to people who were not yet there. And told them, you still have some darkness in you that needs to be washed away first 2:8.

If you still sin, and claim to be In Him, born of Him, and in fellowship with Him, you make a claim scripture doesn't accept.

I am not judging you here, I don't know your standing towards God, that's yours and his business. I'm using you as the example against scripture.

Now, having said that, we can readily see to understand what Paul is speaking of when referring to himself in Romans 7.

In 7:5 he was, he said he wasn't in the flesh anymore.

If you claim the rest of it was, then Paul is a liar.
He never lived outside the law, from His first breath he was under it and snipped on the 8th day.
There was no commandment that came in his life that caused death, the only one was LOVE GOD/NEIGHBOR and it brought life.
He was speaking in a dramatic Historical Present, representing the Jewish people, and when the historic beginning of the Sinful nature occured.

Then in vs 16 see the big word IF IF IF IF, it's a way you start a hypothetical. For example, If I could fly, I'd be a super hero.

I'm not claiming to be a super hero.

Paul wasn't claiming that occured to Him after the two IF's at the end of chapter 7.

And even if he were, in romans 8:9 he showed the answer. Spirit in you, no more flesh.

Read it and note: he never even alludes to his old nature when speaking of the battle.

Read it and note, in romans 6 speaking of the battle, that is the second step to maturity, and being a synergistic thing, why would he allude to his old nature? He hasn't even expressed the concept of the sinful nature yet, chapter 7. And by chapter 8 it's no longer there. go figure.

Read it to see where the battle really lies and also to realize what it 'really' is that God has deposited, of Himself that was also in Christ, that relates us to Him AND Father.

I think for you to add that you are BORN AGAIN, and have received the spirit, therefore.... is circular reasoning. Scripture says IF you are born of God.... you are saying SINCE I am born of God.

If you claim you can fly and jump, nice knowing you.

Here is the challenge: "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." Romans 8:9 (KJV) cf Romans 7.

So, therefore, if you are still in the flesh, you are not yet in the Spirit. You seem to say it's only perceived in a symbolic fashion. that isn't kosher with scripture.

Upvote 0