United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
We all sin... daily.

I'm not saying that Kevin should be cool with homosexuality, but I doubt you would like it if every time you did something wrong someone made a thread about you and said you were not acting in a Christ-like way.

Yes, homosexuality is wrong according to Christianity. Yes, Kevin is in Hollywood. Yes, even if he says he's a Christian (IDK that he has) that does not mean he is right on every issue. I don't think I am right on every issue either. I certainly do not think all my thoughts are correct.

Point being, don't look up to people who are merely human. We have Holy Scripture that is used for that.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

I would like to know your thoughts on people who condone sin. I ask this question as it relates to Kevin Sorbo and his attitude towards homosexuality, reflecting a non-Christian attitude. I have come across various statements that he has made in his memoir True Strength: My Journey from Hercules to Mere Mortal and How Nearly Dying Saved My Life

He recounts early in his modeling career working around a homosexual. This what he had to say, "Very early in my modeling career I worked with a guy named Chris, a photographer in Dallas who openly gay. I’m straight. No big deal. I view sexuality as a private matter and I respect people’s privacy.

Sorbo thinks it is no big deal to be a homosexual? Then there is a statement from the Daily Beast where it makes it clear that he has no objection to homosexuality. "I don’t care what someone’s sexual preference is. That doesn’t bother me in the least.

I am very disappointed with Kevin Sorbo after watching several interviews where he expresses his apathy toward the sin of homosexuality because of his apparent contradiction in his stance. While he criticizes the cultural wave of 'wokeism' imposed on society, he also claims to have no issue with the LGBT community, stating that he has worked with gay individuals throughout his career without being bothered by their lifestyle. He has developed a level of desensitization due to his extensive exposure to a working environment where a substantial portion of his colleagues identify as homosexual. Witnessing what seems like apathy towards what I believe to be sin is disheartening. As Christians, we are called to be the salt of the earth and not to condone sinful behavior. Unfortunately, it appears that Sorbo is accepting homosexuality as moral, which goes against the teachings I hold dear. When someone like Kevin, I don't care if someone is gay or transgender, he is essentially saying to condone their lifestyles. No honest Christian would ever say I am not bothered by homosexuality or other sin.

I can't help but reflect on the story of Mary Magdalene, whom Jesus forgave but also instructed to 'go and sin no more.' We need to follow Jesus' example by addressing sin while showing love and compassion. In today's world, the challenges we face are partially due to individuals who claim to be Christian but are lukewarm in their attitude toward sin. Sorbo may want to convey his tolerance towards various lifestyles to be friendly and loving. However, if he is exhausted from the so-called 'woke' nonsense, I encourage him to acknowledge the biological reality that there are only two genders and that biological males cannot become females, and vice versa.

Then there is the issue of Sorbo and alcohol. As someone who identifies as a Christian, Sorbo's decision to promote and sell alcohol is disheartening, as it contradicts our faith's principles and teachings.

The Bible offers guidance on the topic of alcohol consumption, and several verses express caution and warn against its potential dangers. For example, Proverbs 20:1 states, "Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise." This verse highlights the deceptive nature of alcohol and its potential to lead people astray.

Furthermore, Ephesians 5:18 advises believers, "And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit." This verse encourages us to seek spiritual fulfillment rather than excessive alcohol consumption.

It is disheartening to see someone like Kevin Sorbo, who has been regarded as a Christian role model, engage in a business that profits from an industry often associated with excess and negative consequences. The sole purpose of drinking alcoholic beverages is to impair one's sobriety, which can lead to poor decision-making and harmful actions.

Moreover, the Bible warns us about the love of money, stating in 1 Timothy 6:10, "For the love of money is the root of all evil." It is essential for individuals who claim to be followers of Christ to prioritize their spiritual values above financial gain.

The Bible offers guidance on the topic of alcohol consumption, and several verses express caution and warn against its potential dangers. For example, Proverbs 20:1 states, "Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise." This verse highlights the deceptive nature of alcohol and its potential to lead people astray.

The world could have more sober-minded people in the world instead of silly and obnoxious drunks.

If Sorbo is genuinely concerned about the trajectory of our nation, there are better ways for him to make a positive impact. Rather than profiting from alcohol, he could create content encouraging people to embrace qualities like godly masculinity, patriotism, and Christian virtues. These topics resonate with many and contribute to a more uplifting and virtuous society.

We must remember that the consumption of alcohol has been linked to numerous adverse outcomes, including accidents resulting in harm or loss of life. Such behavior can have devastating consequences, affecting individuals and innocent bystanders.

Kevin Sorbo's decision to sell a wine called "Christopher Street" on his website indicates his support for LGBT causes. The name "Christopher Street" is significant because it references the street in New York City where the Stonewall riots took place in 1969, considered a significant event in the history of the LGBT rights movement. By choosing to market and sell a bottle of wine with this name, Sorbo associates himself and his brand with the LGBT community and the historical struggle for LGBT rights. It suggests a willingness to support and acknowledge the LGBT community and its history.

Kevin Sorbo has built so much respect from Christians within the United States that he can do or say things that are not aligned with the Bible. For instance, he can celebrate "Pride Month" by waving the rainbow flag at an LGBT parade and still be considered a devout Christian who asked to speak on podcasts like the Babylon Bee. He is immune from any criticism.

Also, he often brags that he has atheists friends and I am reminded of 2 Corinthians 6:14
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers.

In summary, he has no issue with people who are homosexual or transgender, he consumes alcohol and associates with non-believers. How does make for a solid Christian?

Thank you for allowing me to share my perspective, and I would appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,

He was probably a gay heart-throb until he opened his mouth.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
We all sin... daily.
But, as a Christian, you’d agree, that that has been “taken care of” for you so that you don’t have to overly worry about it (since it will only affect your life in the here-and-now) so that you do not have to worry about achieving “eternal-life”.

I don’t worry about achieving eternal life either.
I'm not saying that Kevin should be cool with homosexuality, but I doubt you would like it if every time you did something wrong someone made a thread about you and said you were not acting in a Christ-like way.
Those “sins” which one isn’t tempted to do are the most popular to talk about though, haven’t you noticed?
If there was a compunction about going, say, 10kph over the speed limit, how many would opt to “out themselves” and confess to this heinous “sin”?
Yes, homosexuality is wrong according to Christianity. Yes, Kevin is in Hollywood. Yes, even if he says he's a Christian (IDK that he has) that does not mean he is right on every issue. I don't think I am right on every issue either. I certainly do not think all my thoughts are correct.
If all of my thoughts are “correct” then I’m god and you needn’t worship me, we’re good.
Point being, don't look up to people who are merely human. We have Holy Scripture that is used for that.
Jesus said “when the spirit of truth come He will lead you into all knowledge”; I’m no theologian but I’m pretty sure He didn’t mean “the Bible”. The Bible is where one begins.
But what does this heathen know!?

Upvote 0