Kent Hovind

I read another post that says I should apologize.
That he has laughed at my claims, but listen where are the fossils?
Another thing, many evolutionists and atheists live in a country (USA) governed by God believing people, so it looks to me we the believers are in control of the world.
Now, if we start saying there is no God and present fictitious claims using Peltdown man tactics, then we will be on our way out, but we will remain in control since the sane majority knows there is a God and NO fossils.
The fossils found are those of those who died in the great flood, the ones who show positive proof as Kent Hovind sdays of rapid death and burial. Marine fossils on mountain tops.
Mathematics tells us that if evolution were true, the populaion would not be what it is today, but our population agrees with math that the human race started in the Middle East some 10,000 years ago.
Darwin's little Beagle trip merely threw him into a convulsion of doubt of God's existence because he had never seen anyone who didn't look exactly like him and when he did, (Tierra del Fuego ) he could not handle it and rather than submit to the facts that God made everyone, he said we must have come from monkeys.
It is crazy.

Upvote 0

toff

Dec 21, 2003
Sydney, Australia
✟9,038.00
Faith
Atheist
ilwjc said:
I believe Kent Hovind and Henry Morris and John McArthur are intelligent educated men who know of what they speak.There are more.
Then you believe wrongly. Hovind is either a con artist, a moron, or both.

ilwjc said:
So, remember mathematics destroys evolution, but evolution is merely a theory and not to be taken as a science.
No, mathematics does not destroy evolution. This is a lie. Evolution is science. Lie #2.

ilwjc said:
Darwin himself said transitional fossils would probably never be found and on that he was right. Because he somehow knew there weren't any to find.
No, Darwin did not say that. Lie #3.

Upvote 0

Captain_Jack_Sparrow

Jan 13, 2004
From Parts Unknown
✟1,283.00
Faith
Anglican
ilwjc said:
Another thing, many evolutionists and atheists live in a country (USA) governed by God believing people, so it looks to me we the believers are in control of the world.
Now, if we start saying there is no God and present fictitious claims using Peltdown man tactics, then we will be on our way out, but we will remain in control since the sane majority knows there is a God and NO fossils.
The fossils found are those of those who died in the great flood, the ones who show positive proof as Kent Hovind sdays of rapid death and burial. Marine fossils on mountain tops.
Mathematics tells us that if evolution were true, the populaion would not be what it is today, but our population agrees with math that the human race started in the Middle East some 10,000 years ago.
Darwin's little Beagle trip merely threw him into a convulsion of doubt of God's existence because he had never seen anyone who didn't look exactly like him and when he did, (Tierra del Fuego ) he could not handle it and rather than submit to the facts that God made everyone, he said we must have come from monkeys.
It is crazy.

Utter you-know-what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

toff

Dec 21, 2003
Sydney, Australia
✟9,038.00
Faith
Atheist
ilwjc said:
the sane majority knows there is a God and NO fossils.
Lie #1 in this post.

ilwjc said:
Lie #2.

ilwjc said:
At least three lies in the above.

ilwjc said:
It is crazy.
Pot...kettle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
If evolution were true, then we are not accountable to anyone or anything, but I believe we're accountable to God for the simple fact, it is obvious we need to give account. We are accountable as in checks and balances to keep things right.
Darwin's mind was gone after he spent five years on the Beagle and when he saw the dirty people of Tierra del Fuego, he said "it must be we evolved because there is no way I and they came from the same place.God. " Never thinking God could and does manifest himself in many ways.

I see the human race moving on as if on a journey and as we journey through time and time happens only as we live it, it is apparent we are improving, but yet if we are, why are some things worse than ever before and getting worse?
The only explanation for time,space and matter is a Creator and love is what it is that made everything.

The dirt we are, earth, became a Lamb in Jerusalem and had the Creator in him and died so we could live.
He moved with us.

Darwin was confused because when he saw and wondered, it was destroying his faith and this could never be God.

Upvote 0

toff

Dec 21, 2003
Sydney, Australia
✟9,038.00
Faith
Atheist
ilwjc said:
If evolution were true, then we are not accountable to anyone or anything
Evolution is true; the above statement is false. Evolution says nothing whatsoever about who (if anyone) we are accountable to.

ilwjc said:
Darwin's mind was gone after he spent five years on the Beagle and when he saw the dirty people of Tierra del Fuego, he said "it must be we evolved because there is no way I and they came from the same place.God. " Never thinking God could and does manifest himself in many ways.
The above statement is false and particularly stupid. After the Beagle, Darwin wrote at least 2 (long) books...his mind obviously wasn't very far gone at all.

ilwjc said:
I see the human race moving on as if on a journey and as we journey through time and time happens only as we live it, it is apparent we are improving, but yet if we are, why are some things worse than ever before and getting worse?
The only explanation for time,space and matter is a Creator and love is what it is that made everything.

The dirt we are, earth, became a Lamb in Jerusalem and had the Creator in him and died so we could live.
He moved with us.
Nice little religious rant which has nothing at all to do with the topic.

ilwjc said:
Darwin was confused because when he saw and wondered, it was destroying his faith and this could never be God.
Another stupid and false statement.

Upvote 0

michabo

reason, evidence
Nov 11, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
✟14,055.00
Faith
Atheist
ilwjc said:
If evolution were true, then we are not accountable to anyone or anything, but I believe we're accountable to God for the simple fact, it is obvious we need to give account.
There has to be a logical fallacy drinking game in here somewhere, and if so, ilwjc is a goldmine!

Evolution does not have anything to do with the existence or nonexistence of a God. And our accountability or the existence of God is not determine by our wishes.

Anyway, about your non-existant fossils: have you ever been to Canada? If you do travel, stop by Yoho National Park in the BC Rockies. You can take a hike up Mt. Field to see the Burgess Shale trilobite beds. It's an impressive sight. I remember finding thousands of extremely well-preserved fossils lying everywhere.

I've also found fossils in the Jenolan caves in the Blue Mountains outside of Sydney. Have you at least tried to find fossils before making these crackpot claims?

"it must be we evolved because there is no way I and they came from the same place.God. " Never thinking God could and does manifest himself in many ways.
Again, I wish that you and I don't share a common ancestor, but my wish won't make it so. The desirability of the consequences of a theory is not proof for its validity or invalidity.

I think things are doing quite well, thank you very much. Still, this seems like odd logic. If everything were nice, then that is obviously evidence for a benevolent creator. But if things are terrible, you still see this as evidence for a (possibly benevolent) creator?

So things are getting worse, therefore love makes everything? You've missed a few steps where you explain that unfounded leap.

*yawn*

I know I shouldn't feed you, but you do provide such good entertainment.

Upvote 0

LorentzHA

Electric Kool-Aid Girl
Aug 8, 2003
Dallas, Texas
✟3,521.00
Faith
Other Religion
JohnR7 said:
He does start with facts though. He says everything he needs to say, to get his audience comfortable with him.
Then Kent should be quiet after that point.

I keep telling you that you should feed your soul every now and then :)
I have been. I study various religions, quite a bit. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
J

Jet Black

ilwjc said:
If evolution were true, then we are not accountable to anyone or anything, but I believe we're accountable to God for the simple fact, it is obvious we need to give account. We are accountable as in checks and balances to keep things right.
why?
blaming it on insanity now eh? nice one. can you provide a quote then please?
like what?
false. why is that the only explanation?

Upvote 0
J

Jet Black

ilwjc said:
apart from the ones that aren't, they are all on google.
"Piltdown man" and can you address all the non-frauds/errors please, rather than keep going on about this rather uninteresting incident as if it is the be all and end all of the homonid line. Like for example address those skulls that were posted a while back.
The fossils found are those of those who died in the great flood, the ones who show positive proof as Kent Hovind sdays of rapid death and burial.
yeah, there were catastrophes, but only local ones. There are too many fratures that cannot be dealth with by a global flood, fossil sorting just being one of them.
Marine fossils on mountain tops.
continental drift bud, it's old news.
onlz if you are foolish enough to believe in geometrical population growth, and if you do, then you have a problem, because according to Hovind's model, at the time of the bible there shouldn't even have been enough people to fill Rome, and yet there were people all over the world.
false.
It is crazy.

Upvote 0
D

Debaser

"Fundamentalist Christians believe the world is 12 thousand years old... I asked this guy, I said: "Come on, man, dinosaur fossils. What's the deal?" He goes, "God put those here to test our faith." "I think God put you here to test my faith, dude." Does that bother anyone, the idea that GOD might be f*****g with our heads?! Anyone having trouble sleeping restfully with that thought in their head? God's running around burying fossils. "Ho, ho.. we'll see who believes in me now! Ho, ho, I'm a prankster God! I am killing me!" You know -- you die, you go to St. Peter. "Did you believe in dinosaurs?" "Well, yeah, there was fossils everywhere!"--*gunshot*--"Aaahhhh!" "What are you, and idiot? God was F*****G with you!! Giant, flying, lizards -- you moron! That's one of God's EASIEST jokes!" "It seemed do plausible. AAAAHHHHHH!" Bound for the lake of fire."
-The late great Bill Hicks 1990

Upvote 0

troodon

Be wise and be smart
Dec 16, 2002
University of Iowa
Visit site
✟17,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Calm down there, buddy.
Debaser said:
"Fundamentalist Christians believe the world is 12 thousand years old...
6 thousand actually.

I asked this guy, I said: "Come on, man, dinosaur fossils. What's the deal?" He goes, "God put those here to test our faith."
I remember a few kids telling me this in 5th grade. Haven't heard it since then.

"I think God put you here to test my faith, dude." Does that bother anyone, the idea that GOD might be f*****g with our heads?!
Not really. If some deity is placing dinosaur bones inside a 6 thousand year old earth as some sort of gag then it certainly isn't the Christian deity and that means I have no idea what to expect from such a deity. No sense worrying over it.

Anyone having trouble sleeping restfully with that thought in their head? God's running around burying fossils. "Ho, ho.. we'll see who believes in me now! Ho, ho, I'm a prankster God! I am killing me!"
I sleep quite well. Whenever I do have problems I pop in my Transistor CD; puts me right out :)

You know -- you die, you go to St. Peter. "Did you believe in dinosaurs?" "Well, yeah, there was fossils everywhere!"--*gunshot*--"Aaahhhh!" "What are you, and idiot? God was F*****G with you!! Giant, flying, lizards -- you moron! That's one of God's EASIEST jokes!" "It seemed do plausible. AAAAHHHHHH!" Bound for the lake of fire."
Dinosaurs were not giant, flying lizards. As a matter of fact, that is worst discription of dinosaurs I've ever heard.

-The late great Bill Hicks 1990
Wait... did you quote all of that from someone else? Or is this your sig? :confused:

Upvote 0

IrishRockhound

Geologist
Feb 5, 2004
Ireland
✟524.00
Faith
Other Religion
No, man, it's a joke - you've never heard of Bill Hicks? The man, the comedian, the legend?!? Seriously, google him and read up a little.

He is the greatest American comedian I've ever had the pleasure of hearing about. *sniff* We will not see his like again.

Heheheh... sometimes I read really dumb creationist posts and I think "Bill, where are you now that we need you?" He'd get such a kick out of them.

So, yeah - I'm a big fan...

The Rock Hound

Upvote 0