Kent Hovind

T

Temper (B.E.)

Look at this, I just took some random FAQ question and he manage to make a bunch of mistakes:
There has never been any evidence that any kind of plant or animal has ever been able to create itself or produce any other kind of plant or animal. We have seen thousands of changes within the created kinds but that is not evolution.
1) He confuse evolution and macroevolution
2) He is double dead wrong on his first claim since:
a) We have incredible evidence of "kind" to another "kind" such as the fossil record of our own ancestors species. We have so much evidence for so much species its just can't be denied.
b) speciation have been observed in laboratory. 2 populations becomes unable to mate and so each develop different traits.
3) His second sentence is half-right. Indeed, all those changes aren't evolution but are mutations. If now you take in account the fact that if the change is beneficial, the individual have more chance to survive, you get natural selection. Now, evolution is roughly natural selection + mutation. So, Kent Hovind do not know it but he do agree with evolution. What he do not agree with however is macroevolution. But that is just because he so want the universe to be 6000 years old.

Upvote 0

Western Deity

you know how it is
Feb 22, 2004
✟5,081.00
Faith
Seeker
I listened to one of his online sermon things a while back (one of the ones archived on his site) and was so astounded.

He was saying so much dumb stuff like like "I don't want my tax dollars going to this" and "They try to use their educational backgrounds to sound smart".

Then... the debate against Pigliucci...

That was just unbelievable.

He wanted Pigliucci to be called "Mr." because he [hovind] thought his [hovind's] credentials were actually credentials and wanted to "level the playing field", and wanted "evolution" to be called "evolutionism" in the same way we say "creationism" because the suffix '-ism' has negative connotations.

Not to mention the fact he tells us that T-rex was a herbivore and that dinosaurs have been found ~80 years ago.

(Edit: I'm referring to carcasses or specimens that indicate dinosaurs were alive ~80 years ago, not fossils)

The man knows nothing about science.

He should quit doing whatever he does. He only gets shown love on those stupid Christian tv shows.

I'm sure that the title of this thread alone will attract a massive amount of responses... He is a celebrity of sorts eh?

Upvote 0

Routerider

Disciple of the Annunaki Alliance
Oct 4, 2003
Pennsylvania
✟10,050.00
Faith
Unitarian
Politics
US-Republican
Justin04 said:
Have any of you heard of him? He has many teachings on creation verse everything else. He talks all that science stuff. I cant remember his website but hes got the best teaching I've heard on anything like that.
I have a wonderful beach front house in Arizona that's going for a mere 40K...you interested?!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LorentzHA

Electric Kool-Aid Girl
Aug 8, 2003
Dallas, Texas
✟3,521.00
Faith
Other Religion
Justin04 said:
Have any of you heard of him? He has many teachings on creation verse everything else. He talks all that science stuff. I cant remember his website but hes got the best teaching I've heard on anything like that.
Yes we have heard of him; he is an idiot and not even a "Dr".... not in a science related discipline anyhow, yet, oddly he speaks on scientific subjects and knows nothing about them. He is a fraud and cons people even less intelligent than himself.

Here is where he obtained his "Doctorate" of Christian Education (clearing throat) from: http://www.patriotuniversity.com/

Here is a picture of the Patriot U campus (not kidding)

It is still mind boggling how a man with a degree and I use the word degree loosley, in "Christian Education" (or is that edumecashun?), feels competent to speak on topics such as: Geology, Radiometric Dating methods, Stellar Mechanics, Evolutionary Biology, Biochemistry, etc. etc....maybe that is why everything he says is so absurdly wrong!!

Upvote 0

LorentzHA

Electric Kool-Aid Girl
Aug 8, 2003
Dallas, Texas
✟3,521.00
Faith
Other Religion
rihu76 said:
Haha! Well, that beats my alma mater, Cardboard Box University. He must be real smart like! ;)
Wait a minute...I think CBU kicked Patriot U's butt in NCAA division I football last year, right? ;) Don't they both compete in the ACC (Atlantic Creationist Conference)?

Upvote 0

Routerider

Disciple of the Annunaki Alliance
Oct 4, 2003
Pennsylvania
✟10,050.00
Faith
Unitarian
Politics
US-Republican
LorentzHA said:
Wait a minute...I think CBU kicked Patriot U's butt in NCAA division I football last year, right? ;) Don't they both compete in the ACC (Atlantic Creationist Conference)?
I don't even think Patriot U has a basketball team...I'm not sure they have more than 10 students at a time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
If you want something really brutal to listen to, try Hovind's "Answers His Critic" series. He did a bunch of radio shows where he (and his son Eric) actually addresses some of the web sites (talk origins, Analysis of Kent Hovind, even AiG) that say mean things about him. But he spends almost all the time grandstanding and reciting his usual diatribe rather than addressing anything. It was positively brutal to listen to.

Upvote 0

tschultz866

Mar 2, 2004
✟7,874.00
Country
United States
Marital Status
Private
Sup Pete!

Well IMO, he's right a lot of things, but he's also wrong on a few things.
No evidence for macroevolution - He's right.(if you have some link it up and I'll go take a peak at it).

Saying that dinosaurs are still around - most likely right.(also very interesting)

There are some things that Hovind and AiG don't agree on and that's ok.
And after reading what AiG had to say about it I think they're just playing it safe. Which there's no problem with that. I think he's got a pretty good thing going and people should atleast hear him out. It's easy listening stuff afterall.
I know most of you have heard him/of him etc.. But I wouldn't judge until you've heard all 7 of his seminars.(yes I know it's 14 hours long..You shouldn't watch it all at once or you'll strain your eyes)
And if you have honestly watched/listend to his entire seminar, and you've still come to the conclusion that evolution happend then that's your call.
Bottom line they're both a faith.
Because no one alive has see God create anything.
Also no one alive has seen goo turn into a paramicium,frogs, turtles, apes, etc..
OK I got a little off topic sorry peoples. :wave:

Upvote 0

troodon

Be wise and be smart
Dec 16, 2002
University of Iowa
Visit site
✟17,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Freodin said:
I am deeply gratefull towards Kent Hovind. He links to this forum. I don´t think I would have come here without him.

Thank you, Kent!
Same here. Never would have found this website were in not for Kent Hovind and his glorious :)) ) website.

If only he had more redeeming qualities...

Upvote 0