reason, evidence
Nov 11, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
✟14,055.00
Faith
Atheist
ilwjc said:
Piltdown man was one of the biggest lies invented by the evolutionists, and they continue to make up stories and many about space.
Nuts! I knew I should have kept up with my physics degree! I thought that people actually had to do research and discover new things. Silly me.

Does that mean my microwave never worked?

I firmly believe atheists refuse to believe in God, not because there is no evidence, but because it is a way they can attempt escape from accountability to God their creator for their lives.
Is that one of those "faith" things I've heard so much about?

Upvote 0

ThePhoenix

Aug 12, 2003
✟5,476.00
Faith
Christian
ilwjc said:
Lorenz, simply because evolutionist "scientists" say what you repeat doesn't make it so. The scripture says "truth will spring from the earth" (OT) and the heavens declare the glory of God (OT) and archaeology and astronomy prove everyday the Bible is true, so we can know it is true in all of it's pages.
You have never been trillions of miles in deep space not has anyone else, so it is easy to sit in front of a telescope with a PHd and say this or that.
Piltdown man was one of the biggest lies invented by the evolutionists, and they continue to make up stories and many about space.
I believe the Bible is true and it states that on the seventh day God rested or stopped working.
I think the thing here is that what is happening anywhere and everywhere is simply God's finished work doing what he finished it to do, such as the human race continuing to move on, but it doesn't mean it stopped at Adam and Eve.........but what atheists claim in no way discredits the Bible's truth.

I firmly believe atheists refuse to believe in God, not because there is no evidence, but because it is a way they can attempt escape from accountability to God their creator for their lives.

No accusations intended.
Evolution does not equal atheism. Evolution does not equal atheism. Evolution does not equal atheism. Please chant this mantra while I try to refrain from pointing out how bloody stupid that stereotype is.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
michabo said:
Does that mean my microwave never worked?
It just means your microwave had no maker. We do not know where the parts came from. We do not know exactly how they assembled themselves. But you do have a microwave. It evolved from a toaster.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
ilwjc said:
I think the thing here is that what is happening anywhere and everywhere is simply God's finished work doing what he finished it to do,
Jesus finished His work at calvery to pay the price for our redemption. He still has to do a work in our lives to redeem us though.

He is the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end. He knows the end from the beginning.

Upvote 0
D

davekinky

JohnR7 said:
Jesus finished His work at calvery to pay the price for our redemption. He still has to do a work in our lives to redeem us though.

He is the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end. He knows the end from the beginning.

Just think, if only God had forgiven Adam and Eve we need never have bothered with any of this, what a rotten old git he is, eh?

Dave

Upvote 0
Just think, if only God had forgiven Adam and Eve we need never have bothered with any of this, what a rotten old git he is, eh?
Oh yeah, thats really how it goes, (note sarcasm) God is forgiving, but he is also just. So a price had to be paid.

Upvote 0
D

davekinky

Hmmm. yeah he was really forgiving THAT time wasn't he, was that like the FIRST time Adam and Eve had transgressed? Nice one 'God' - still, the Bible wouldn't have been much of a book without it would it? I guess Yahweh woulda been a pretty lightweight volcano god if he just forgave in the first place, Baal would've kicked his cosmic ***!

So yes I agree it was VERY just, well done God!

Dave

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
D

davekinky

AlHailThePowerOfJesusName said:
Think of it like this, if you got in trouble when you were little, and your parent's were going to punish you, and your older brother stood in and took your whippin for you volentarily.

No it is the equivalent of your dad saying to your older brother 'don't do that' - when your older brother does do it dad throws him out of the house, then crucifies your son because of your older brother's original mistake

why didn't dad just say to older brother 'well it was only your first mistake son, i forgive you, don't do it again, i know i told you that it would give you knowledge of good and evil and that you NOT knowing the difference between good and bad meant you didn't understand anyway.'

you couldn't make it up could ya? unless you were a jewish desert tribe, natch

dave

Upvote 0
why didn't dad just say to older brother 'well it was only your first mistake son, i forgive you, don't do it again, i know i told you that it would give you knowledge of good and evil and that you NOT knowing the difference between good and bad meant you didn't understand anyway.'
Because sin DESERVES punishment. Its necessary for a just punishment from a Just God. If he let a sinner get off without punishment, and just forgave, then he is forgiving, and not just, if he just gave them the punishment then he is just and not forgiving. But what he did shows his forgiveness and his Justice.

Upvote 0

IrishRockhound

Geologist
Feb 5, 2004
Ireland
✟524.00
Faith
Other Religion
Because sin DESERVES punishment. Its necessary for a just punishment from a Just God. If he let a sinner get off without punishment, and just forgave, then he is forgiving, and not just, if he just gave them the punishment then he is just and not forgiving. But what he did shows his forgiveness and his Justice.

But he didn't forgive all the people that died when the Flood hit, did he? What about the Egyptians that died in the Red Sea when the waters flowed back? Did they deserve to die just for following orders? Whatever happened to letting the punishment fit the crime?!? Oh wait, hang on, it's the Christian god, and obviously he has his own motives for wiping out all life on earth with a big flood or butchering a bunch of soldiers who were just doing what they were told.

It always seemed to me that the Christian god meted out huge punishments without warning to people who didn't know any better, like Adam and Eve getting tossed out of Eden eating one stupid apple, which they wouldn't have understood as being wrong seeing as they didn't know good from evil at the time. I think I'd rather take my chances with evolution - at least then you know where you stand.

The Rock Hound

Upvote 0
D

davekinky

IrishRockhound said:
But he didn't forgive all the people that died when the Flood hit, did he? What about the Egyptians that died in the Red Sea when the waters flowed back? Did they deserve to die just for following orders? Whatever happened to letting the punishment fit the crime?!? Oh wait, hang on, it's the Christian god, and obviously he has his own motives for wiping out all life on earth with a big flood or butchering a bunch of soldiers who were just doing what they were told.

It always seemed to me that the Christian god meted out huge punishments without warning to people who didn't know any better, like Adam and Eve getting tossed out of Eden eating one stupid apple, which they wouldn't have understood as being wrong seeing as they didn't know good from evil at the time. I think I'd rather take my chances with evolution - at least then you know where you stand.

The Rock Hound

Rock n roll Rock Hound - this is EXACTLY where I'm coming from
:D

Upvote 0
What about the Egyptians that died in the Red Sea when the waters flowed back? Did they deserve to die just for following orders?
That Just show's how one person's sin effects other people.

But he didn't forgive all the people that died when the Flood hit, did he?
those people did not want to be forgiven, they laughed at Noah and mocked him for obeying God, and even while he was building the ark.
Whatever happened to letting the punishment fit the crime?!?
to much Gilbert and Sullivan. Are you trying to say that your Idea of Justice is better than God's?????

Adam and Eve getting tossed out of Eden eating one stupid apple, which they wouldn't have understood as being wrong seeing as they didn't know good from evil at the time.
1 it was not necessarily an apple. 2 They knew that they could obey or disobey. To do what God said, or what he told them not to do. They chose to be selfish, and suffered the consequences of their sin. They did know better.

Upvote 0