Kent Hovind

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
Anyone else starting to think ilwjc is a bot? This just looks like a copy and paste from his other threads.

John, unless you would like to defend hovind, we have shown many times that most of what he says is false.

ilwjc said:
Skulls of Amercian indians and Egyptians and Africans were used. Evolutionist are in possession of theose skulls today and use them saying they are millions of years old when in fact, they are not.

How Morton and Broca knew the difference between white skulls and black is a mystery to me. I'm sure it was from where they collected them.....African collection=black and English collection= white. Those collected in America=Indian and etc.

The evolutionists of the 19th century were doing this to prove we evolved and that whites are smarter than blacks and they..wanted to prove it by size of skull and brain, but Stephen Jay Gould showed in his book "The Mismeasure of Man" that skull size or shape had nothing to do with intelligence.

I can understand anyone thinking we evolved, but there has to be an explanation for the soul of man, his spirit.

Also, brain and mind did not apear together since as I said, man only searches for what will meet his need, and it is nonsense to believe the brain apeared and then the mind slowly followed because the brain would not know it needed a mind.

The brain is a tangible visible object, whereas the mind is a spiritual entity.

Man is more spirit than matter.

I believe God set things into motion and travels with us through all the changes since we are in fact made by him and in his image, so he is with us as we grow and learn more about him.

The Bible describs God as LOVE and none can deny love exists.

The power we see on a daily basis is love and hate......the love being God and the hate being his enemy and ours....satan.

Upvote 0

PhantomLlama

Prism Ranger
Feb 25, 2003
Birmingham
Visit site
✟9,758.00
Faith
Atheist
Arikay said:
Anyone else starting to think ilwjc is a bot? This just looks like a copy and paste from his other threads.
There is an article in the latest new scientist about a paedo-catching bot that can quite effectively infiltrate a typical internet chatroom. They may be trying to make one that can infiltrate a proper forum. I'd imagine the 'ilwjc' creationist type is fairly easy to program a computer to imitate, after the 'obediah' type, so they may be trying to start with that and work upwards.

Upvote 0

Bushido216

Aug 30, 2003
New York
✟22,562.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
It's unlikely to be a bot, ilwjc is switching with the topics too fluidly.

What suggests that he is a bot, however, is that he only sticks to one topic, whereas every other creationist I know is a self-proclaimed master of all professions.

Upvote 0

Aggie

Soldier of Knowledge
Jan 18, 2004
United States
Visit site
✟17,997.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

jugglindrummer

i think, therefore i am
Mar 18, 2004
USA
✟323.00
Faith
Christian
i had gone to the "Steeling the mind" conference last august or something, and Kent hovind was there debating an evolutionist. I was disapointed, 'cause he tried more to make himself sound right than lead the man to christ. He even said pointedly that a fool hath said in his heart there is no god and pointed at the evolutionist. I was a really big fan of him until then. He's also debated evolutionists on tv, and he seems to lack seriousness, using all his tired jokes.

Upvote 0

LorentzHA

Electric Kool-Aid Girl
Aug 8, 2003
Dallas, Texas
✟3,521.00
Faith
Other Religion
ilwjc said:
How Morton and Broca knew the difference between white skulls and black is a mystery to me. I'm sure it was from where they collected them.....African collection=black and English collection= white. Those collected in America=Indian and etc
Actually the American Indian skull is different...so is the Asian skull which is the ancestory of the American Indian. There is an elongation of occipital/parietal areas of the skull...there are also different dental markings via evolutionary mechanisms regarding diet, not to mention typically flatter and higher zygomatic areas.

Differentiating between the Negroid and Caucazoid skull is nearly impossible...There are techniques to id'ing skeletons and whether the skeletons were adult or child male or female...So this is not that off base...I can look at a skeleton and tell whether of not it was male or female..child or adult. I have been tested on this many times...they typically throw in a small adult man and a larger child for "fun".

Many police and crime units use these same techniques. Here is a link I found although I think it could be better.

http://www.brazoria-county.com/sheriff/id/skeletal/criteria_for_racial_determinatio.htm

Upvote 0

tschultz866

Mar 2, 2004
✟7,874.00
Country
United States
Marital Status
Private
Bushido216 said:
How can we be sure your "mother" isn't lying for a share? We can't be certain because we weren't there.
It was a joke man....And please be polite and civilized and don't call my mother a liar.

Jet Black said:
she could be lying, have false memory syndrome, the papers could be faked, the earth could have been created last monday complete with people with memories that they had children and so on.
Same to you....also you must be one paranoid person man..lol no offense.
And if what you're saying could happen(and it could in theory) then you all could have been lied to about evolution! How do you know that your science text books aren't all propoganda to manipulate millions of people? If you live your life that paranoid it will lead to destruction. (LOOK OUT PREACHING AHEAD) The truth will be realized when the clouds part and your creator comes down. Then you will be like....WHAT WHAT! NO! DASPECSTER WAS RIGHT AFTERALL! lol.....I went a little off track there. btw isn't this supposed to be about Kent Hovind? lol LorentzHA I got sucked in to...

Upvote 0
Hello everyone. First of all I am not a man.
And I do not copy and paste. I read and remember. The request for me to prove the skulls my fellow poster graciously placed on our screens to see are the same skulls Broca and Morton used are the same skulls is not anything I see me doing in the near future..lol since it would take considerable research.
Then again Gould might be able to help me out.

The soul of man is his being, existence, who he is. Man is not a body, but lives in one, is capable of thinking and reasoning and such.

God said man's spirit is His candle. Interesting indeed.

Our breath is God's spirit as Genesis says he breathed into Adam (man) and Adam (man) became a living soul.

Upvote 0

MartinM

GondolierAce
Feb 9, 2003
Visit site
✟5,655.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
ilwjc said:
The request for me to prove the skulls my fellow poster graciously placed on our screens to see are the same skulls Broca and Morton used are the same skulls is not anything I see me doing in the near future
Nor ever, since it is demonstrably false. Again, most of those skulls are not even human, and many were discovered long after Broca's death.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
Um, actually it wouldn't take considerable research, if you go to the talk origins page that that picture is taken from, I believe they have references for where each skull was found and by who. So, unless you are calling them liars, these are not the same skulls you are thinking of. (which is why everyone has been telling you that you are wrong about them.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Skillz151

Live And Let Live
Feb 3, 2004
Virginia
✟1,798.00
Faith
Agnostic
I don't see why or how you can claim that every thing Kent Hovind claims is false? I do agree with the fact that some of his points on creation are off, such as the "dust on the moon". Nevertheless it seems to me as if alot of individuals disprove of 'every' single claim that is made by the man, which in my opinion is childish.

Upvote 0
J

Jet Black

Skillz151 said:
I don't see why or how you can claim that every thing Kent Hovind claims is false? I do agree with the fact that some of his points on creation are off, such as the "dust on the moon". Nevertheless it seems to me as if alot of individuals disprove of 'every' single claim that is made by the man, which in my opinion is childish.
The issue is not that, I would consider what he says to be untrustworthy, particularly anything he says about science, based on the fact that so many of his scientific statements are completely and utterly wrong. This demonstrates that he does not check up on his sources and find out the proper facts for himself. Anything he says that is correct would just end up being the equivalent of a broken clock telling the right time twice a day.

Upvote 0

Skillz151

Live And Let Live
Feb 3, 2004
Virginia
✟1,798.00
Faith
Agnostic
I've heard many of his debates and he seems to absolutely punish the opponent... I havn't seen or heard them all, but I do find them amusing. How come the evolutionist come back with half-hearted or in simpliar terms, sorry rebutals? If they knew "their science" I would think that their rebutals would crush Hovind if they pertained to be true.
And although I understand your analogy I think Hovind does have some strong points. Escpecially with the "lies" in the textbooks.

Upvote 0

Data

Veteran
Sep 15, 2003
Auckland
✟16,859.00
Faith
Atheist
Skillz151 said:
I've heard many of his debates and he seems to absolutely punish the opponent... I havn't seen or heard them all, but I do find them amusing. How come the evolutionist come back with half-hearted or in simpliar terms, sorry rebutals? If they knew "their science" I would think that their rebutals would crush Hovind if they pertained to be true.
If it was a written debate, which is what you do in science, then Hovind would be crushed.

There's a reason he doesn't do written debates :p

Upvote 0