Noddingdog

Noderator
Jan 25, 2003
Noddingdogsville
Visit site
✟17,417.00
Faith
Christian
He was a great General of God, used mightily of God on the Earth to bring many thousands to Jesus, and a man who I admired and respected greatly. Brother Kenneth Hagin went to be with the Lord at 7 am, having been hospitalized since Sunday.

Founder of Rhema Bible Institute dies
hagen-kenneth-sr.jpg
Founder of Rhema Bible Institute dies

TULSA, Okla. (AP) -- The Rev. Kenneth E. Hagin, who started preaching at age 17 and grew his congregation into an international ministry, died Friday morning at age 86.

Hagin had been hospitalized in a cardiac intensive care unit since Sunday, when he collapsed at home. He died at 7 a.m., a spokesman said.

An exact cause of death was not immediately known.

Hagin's ministry included Rhema Bible Training Centers in 14 nations and Rhema churches in more than 110 countries. The Rhema Bible Church in Broken Arrow, where his ministry was based, has 8,000 members.

His ministry began when he said God miraculously healed him of a deformed heart and incurable blood disease.

"He wrote in his Bible, `The Bible says it, I believe it and that settles it!' " said his son, the Rev. Kenneth Hagin Jr., the pastor at Rhema Bible Church and executive vice president of Kenneth Hagin Ministries.

"He preached what he lived," the younger Hagin said. "His great legacy of faith will live on in the countless lives that have been healed, touched and changed through his ministry."

Hagin's ministry was part of a nationwide healing revival in the 1950s and '60s. He moved from Texas to the Tulsa area in 1966.

He founded Rhema Bible Training Center USA in 1974, and it now has 23,000 alumni.

From the start, he used the media of the day to reach his parishioners.

His Faith Library Publications has more than 65 million books in print. The ministry has a weekly television program called "Rhema Praise" and a radio program, "Faith Seminar of the Air," which also appears on the Internet.

In 1979, he founded the Rhema Prayer and Healing Center to provide a place for the sick to come and build their faith.

Hagin went to bed Saturday feeling well, according to a news release from his ministry. He sat at the breakfast table Sunday morning, smiled at his wife, Oretha.

Then he sighed, and his head fell to his chest.

Hagin is survived by his wife, two children, five grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren.

AP
http://www.kotv.com/pages/viewpage.asp?id=51438

It is sad to see this great man of God go, but I am glad for him in a way that he has entered into the eternal joy of the Lord! I pray that his family would be comforted in this time, and that many more men like Kenneth Hagin will be used mightily of God in the future.

KZs

Jul 9, 2003
Hungary
Visit site
✟7,654.00
Faith
Atheist
Not only he...
This is from CBN.org:

TRIBUTE
Christian Leaders Derek Prince, Kenneth Hagin, Pass from Scene

By Gary Lane
For CWNews

September 26, 2003

Two internationally known Christian leaders have died.

CBN.com – Two internationally known Christian leaders have died.

Kenneth Hagin, founder of Rhema Ministries, died in Oklahoma Sept. 19.

Hagin started preaching at 17 and today his Rhema Bible training centers are in 14 nations.

And Rhema churches are in more than 110 countries.

On Sept. 24 Bible scholar and author Derek Prince died of heart failure in Jerusalem.

Prince wrote more than 45 books featuring groundbreaking themes like intercessory prayer and fasting, generational curses, and biblical prophecy and Israel.

Born into a British family in Bangalore, India, Prince spent much of his life in Israel and was serving in the British military when the modern state of Israel was created in 1948.

He traveled the world for more than 50 years, spreading the Gospel. He returned to Israel in 1981 where he demonstrated the love of Christ to Jews and Arabs alike.
Pat Robertson interviewed Prince in his home in Jerusalem in the summer of 2001.

Prince talked about the fulfillment of biblical prophecy in the Middle East. "The Lord has scattered Israel and now He's gathering it and furthermore He's going to keep it, He's going to protect it. There are many, many threats and many dangers, but the Lord is greater than all of them," he said.

Prince said he had seen a greater openness to the Gospel on the part of young Israelis - much like his own experience when he was a young man. He said, "I thought there must be more in life than all these religious people, and I think many young Jewish people have the same attitude - surely there must be more in life. And there is. I want to tell you, there is."

May they rest in peace.

Upvote 0