Passing Through
✟457,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What different treatment? The only thing I could think of Bill Clinton actually being charged with is perjury, where he settled the case by giving up his law license -- and it is a crime that is rarely charged, and likely, in this case, could not have been successfully prosecuted (a case where they argue what "is" could possibly be meant by a person testifying).

With Hillary, she went through how many (7?) Congressional investigations, even testifying for most of a day, and was also investigated by the FBI -- with the FBI likely "tanking" her chance of winning when they announced she was being investigated (her poll numbers dropped roughly five points that weekend and never recovered, with the FBI announcement the only major thing that seems like it would have caused the drop). Yes, they ultimately determined that she could not be successfully prosecuted (much like Trump wouldn't have been if he would have returned the documents when asked, rather than hide them), but despite for Trump continuing to push for her to be indicted (and the calls for "lock her up" in rallies), Trump's AGs also appeared to believe that any prosecution would not be successful (and merely rile up Democrats, like Trump's indictment has Republicans). The difference being, the Federal and Georgia indictments against Trump appear to have solid evidence and strong chances of conviction.
Well, you didn't follow the news regarding Hillary very closely then. Hillary/ her team SMASHED phones so the DOJ couldnt' review the evidence and "bleached" 30,000 emails from her private server she was not permitted to have. Joe Biden had classified documents carelessly scattered all over the east coast including his garage, yet who is charged with classified document crimes? Trump.

"According to FBI documents, investigators determined a total of thirteen devices were associated with Clinton's two phone numbers and personal email domain, eight of which she used during her tenure as Secretary of State from 2009 to 2013. The FBI requested that all thirteen devices be handed over, but Clinton's attorneys informed the FBI that they were "unable to locate any of these devices," so the bureau was unable to examine them. Another Clinton aide, Huma Abedin, told FBI agents that the whereabouts of Clinton's unwanted devices would "frequently become unknown."

The FBI, then headed by former director James Comey, famously and controversially cleared Clinton of any criminal charges, with Comey announcing on 5 July 2016 that the FBI found no evidence of intentional misconduct, although the Secretary and her aides were "extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information."

Snopes confirmed the Clinton team smashed the phones so the government couldn't review the information.

Yet the only one charged is Trump. Charge them all.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, you didn't follow the news regarding Hillary very closely then. Hillary/ her team SMASHED phones so the DOJ couldnt' review the evidence and "bleached" 30,000 emails from her private server she was not permitted to have.

The phones were not smashed when under subpoena, they were smashed as they were replaced -- per the same testimony you are referencing here. That is standard practice, required by law, when you replace "secure" government cell phones. Yes, when the DoJ got around to subpoenaing her cell phones, she was no longer Secretary of State, the phone had been destroyed (again, as the law requires). In fact, the real argument is not that they were destroyed, but that her aides that destroyed them should have done a better job at ensuring all the information was wiped from the phones.

The 30,000 emails were allegedly personal and, per the records turned over, Clinton had ordered them to be deleted a couple of months before any subpoena -- before there was any reason to know they would be requested. Now, the admin who was supposed to delete the emails apparently did not delete the emails when ordered, per his own testimony and, again, the records supplied. It is true that he didn't delete the emails until after the subpoena by Congress (not the DoJ) was issued, and as such he should not have deleted them. Since there is zero evidence that Clinton ordered them deleted, or sent a second order to delete them after the subpoena, there is no evidence Clinton broke the law. At the same time, the admin did break the law and, last I heard, could still face criminal charges -- you'd have to ask the Trump administration why they never charged him as they had all the information needed to charge him and no reason not to (as he wasn't a "political opponent").

As for the private servers, as we've talked about previously, Clinton did the same thing previous Secretaries of State had done "illegally" but for some reason you never talk about charging them, only Sec. Clinton. But tell me, if they decided to charge her, what are that actual penalties in the law for her using a private server?

Odd how you use "her team" to do a lot of heavy lifting here and don't actual state what charges Clinton herself should be charged with.

Joe Biden had classified documents carelessly scattered all over the east coast including his garage,

Well, he had about 12 -- and not "carelessly scattered" but in the storage area of his garage and in his Penn Center office. Allegedly -- and I've seen no evidence to rebut this, perhaps you can show me that evidence -- Biden did not know the records were there. Yes, I understand you don't believe that but for an indictment you need actual evidence. From what the current evidence shows (again, please show me actual evidence this is false), Biden returned the documents as soon as he discovered they were in the boxes.

yet who is charged with classified document crimes? Trump.

But not for merely having the documents -- as I keep pointing out, if he had simply returned them when requested, as Biden did, no charges would have been filed. Instead, Trump ignored a subpoena, there is evidence that he hid documents from his own lawyers (who were wanting to turn them in) as well as the government, and even had video destroyed to hide how he had documents moved to prevent them from being found.

And, of course, we don't know that Biden won't be charged -- though due to DoJ policies from 50 years ago -- not until he leaves office. There is still a Special Prosecutor investigating and we'll have to see what his report finds. At the same time, it appears VP Pence is not going to be charged for having documents and turning them over when he found them, so all three seem -- so far -- to be treated similarly. If you return the records when you find out you have them there are no charges; by contrast if you don't turn them over, obstruct the government from finding them, and even show Classified documents (that you aren't supposed to have) to people no cleared to see them, they you are likely to be charged.

"According to FBI documents, investigators determined a total of thirteen devices were associated with Clinton's two phone numbers and personal email domain, eight of which she used during her tenure as Secretary of State from 2009 to 2013. The FBI requested that all thirteen devices be handed over, but Clinton's attorneys informed the FBI that they were "unable to locate any of these devices," so the bureau was unable to examine them. Another Clinton aide, Huma Abedin, told FBI agents that the whereabouts of Clinton's unwanted devices would "frequently become unknown."

Again, destroying them -- particularly the data -- is standard procedure for government phones issued to top officials when they stop being used; and the evidence given shows that is what happened here. She didn't have thirteen devices destroyed when the FBI requested them; instead, they were destroyed as they were replaced, with the last one destroyed when she left office -- standard procedure for government phones.
The FBI, then headed by former director James Comey, famously and controversially cleared Clinton of any criminal charges, with Comey announcing on 5 July 2016 that the FBI found no evidence of intentional misconduct, although the Secretary and her aides were "extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information."

Snopes confirmed the Clinton team smashed the phones so the government couldn't review the information.

Yet the only one charged is Trump. Charge them all.

You misrepresent Snopes -- they confirmed only that phones were smashed, they did not say anything about smashing them so the government could review the information. And since I link to the article above that Snopes uses to support its claims, the issue isn't that the phones were destroyed, it is if the data on the phones was completely destroyed in accordance with relevant laws.

So, I take it you want Secretaries Powell, Rice, and Clinton all prosecuted for using private servers? Again, can you cite that law and what the punishment is? Further, I guess you want Clinton's team (but not sure what you want to charge Clinton for) prosecuted for the way they destroyed the phones -- allegedly not following the proper government procedures in the destruction (to ensure all data is destroyed). You want Pence, Trump, and Biden (and who knows how many other Senators or former Senior government officials) because their aides, when packing their offices, accidentally placed classified records in the boxes -- typically not known to those officials -- just because those records later turned up in their storage areas; even if they immediately turned them back in? Oh, and you apparently want additional charges added against Trump for merely possessing the documents, on top of the current charges for refusing to turn them over to the government, right? So what other charges am I missing?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Trump fined $1M for bogus lawsuit against Hillary Clinton
In a scathing ruling, a federal judge in Florida on Thursday ordered Donald J. Trump and one of his lawyers together to pay nearly a million dollars in sanctions for filing a frivolous lawsuit against nearly three dozen of Mr. Trump’s perceived political enemies, including Hillary Clinton and the former F.B.I. director James B. Comey.
“This case should never have been brought,” U.S. District Judge Donald M. Middlebrooks wrote in a 46-page ruling.

After the Durham Report was released, Trump tried to bring the suit back. Judge Middlebrooks is still fed up.

Even if the Durham Report uncovered the sort of vast conspiracy alleged by Plaintiff (it plainly did not), it would not change the many legal conclusions I made in the Order dismissing Plaintiff’s lawsuit. And whatever the Durham Report can be said to have uncovered, for purposes of this case, it does not change my findings that Movants acted in bad faith in bringing this lawsuit and that this case exemplifies Mr. Trump’s history of abusing the judicial process. Therefore, for the reasons set forth below, Plaintiff and his lawyers’ Motion for Indicative Ruling Based Upon New Evidence is denied.1
-
C. SANCTIONS ORDERS
I imposed nearly $1 million in sanctions on Movants for filing, and doubling down on, a shotgun pleading that functioned as an abusive litigation tactic and was designed to further a political narrative.
I called Movants out for consistently misrepresenting and cherry-picking portions of public reports and filings to support a false factual narrative.
Lastly, I found that this case is part of Mr. Trump’s pattern of misusing the courts to serve a political purpose. The telltale signs being:
• Provocative and boastful rhetoric;
• A political narrative carried over from rallies;
• Attacks on political opponents and the news media;
• Disregard for legal principles and precedent; and
• Fundraising and payments to lawyers from political action committees.

IV. CONCLUSION
Movants pursued this lawsuit in bad faith for the improper purpose of dishonestly advancing a political narrative. As I previously explained, Mr. Trump is a prolific and sophisticated litigant who is repeatedly using the courts to seek revenge on political adversaries. This case is straight out of that playbook. Nothing in the Durham Report changes that.
Accordingly, it is ORDERED and ADJUDGED that Movants’ Motion for Indicative Ruling Based Upon New Evidence (DE 331) is DENIED.

Upvote 0