InnocentOdion

Seeker
Feb 2, 2006
✟11,136.00
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Married
Scriptural evidence indicates that polygamy among the ancient Hebrews, though not extremely common, was not particularly unusual and was certainly not prohibited or discouraged. The Hebrew scriptures document approximately forty polygamists, including such prominent figures as Abraham, Jacob, Esau, and David, with little or no further remark on their polygamy as such. The Torah, Judaism's central text, includes a few specific regulations on the practice of polygamy, such as Exodus 21:10, which states that multiple marriages are not to diminish the status of the first wife; Deuteronomy 21:15-17, which states that a man must award the inheritance due to a first-born son to the son who was actually born first, even if he hates that son's mother and likes another wife more[14]; and Deuteronomy 17:17, which states that the king shall not have too many wives.[15] One source of polygamy was the practice of levirate marriage, wherein a man was required to marry and support his deceased brother's widow, as mandated by Deuteronomy 25:5-10. All of those instances of polygamy, however, are very narrow cases rather than general rules. Exodus 21:10 speaks of Jewish concubines. Deuteronomy 21:15-17 speaks of the children of "hated wife" implying she is divorced. The king's behavior is condemned by Prophet Samuel in 1Samuel 8. Israeli lexicographer Vadim Cherny argues that the Torah carefully distinguishes concubines and "sub-standard" wives with prefix "to", lit. "took to wives."[16]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygamy#Judaism

Good old wiki. :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygamy#cite_note-15

Upvote 0

angelsword

May 23, 2006
nassau, bahamas
Visit site
✟17,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just something I have noticed and hopefully clear something up for you: Daniel did not receive two wives from Nebuchadnezzar. In fact the Bible says that at the end of the telling of the Kings dream, Nebuchadnezzar paid homage to Daniel, gave him gifts and made him the ruler over all the jurisdictional district of Babylon and the chief prefect over all the wise men of Babylon. (See Daniel 2:48) No women, although it is quite possible he did marry at some stage, the Bible just doesn't say so.
I agree with you.

Upvote 0

angelsword

May 23, 2006
nassau, bahamas
Visit site
✟17,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you noticed, I decided to edit some of my posts for a few reasons.
The first was because my mother said I was a too caustic with some of my remarks, the second reason is because they are no longer necessary as I see alot of positive changes (Praise Yeshuah) and thirdly I feel the burden for such writing has been lifted by Yahweh for the present time.

It is time for me to write some more encouraging posts.
Thank you LI and YSJ!:)
I apologise for the hurt I caused any innocent people who were in any connection with what I wrote. The innocent should never suffer for the guilty, after all, God forgave me for my sins and as I stated, I will sincerely pray for any who may have done me wrong; but I will NEVER blame a sinner who is just ignorant of his/her wrong and needs to be lead in the right direction! God bless you all.:hug:

Upvote 0

PETE_

Count as lost, every moment not spent loving God
Jun 11, 2006
✟212,561.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Just something I have noticed and hopefully clear something up for you: Daniel did not receive two wives from Nebuchadnezzar. In fact the Bible says that at the end of the telling of the Kings dream, Nebuchadnezzar paid homage to Daniel, gave him gifts and made him the ruler over all the jurisdictional district of Babylon and the chief prefect over all the wise men of Babylon. (See Daniel 2:48) No women, although it is quite possible he did marry at some stage, the Bible just doesn't say so.

Chances are he never married since the young men of Israel were made eunichs upon their enslavement

Upvote 0

angelsword

May 23, 2006
nassau, bahamas
Visit site
✟17,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hi angelsword,
Im just wondering whats been going on with witches and such as whatever required a seven week fast must be serious and the links to blogs etc... seem to be dead.
Read, 'The Tongue-A Creative Force' by Charles Capps. The book lives my friend! See if he has anything on the web.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.