kaykay's fellowshipping korner & question of the day... (3)

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Mine is in my signature John 11:25
It is my favourite because it is so full of hope and affirms the power and love of Jesus Christ to us it is the heart of the gospel.

I also like to add vs 26 Jhn 11:26"And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?"

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have many favorite portions of Scripture, so it's hard for me to choose. If I have to choose just one, it would have to involve the Good News. So:

Romans 10:8-10 KJV But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
K

kaykay9.0

Well I have a question
What is your favourite Bible Verse and why?
:wave:Yep, haven't been by here much lately. I have kinda drawn a blank on new questions, at least any with much substance. So if you guys have one you want to post, feel free to jump in.

Ok,...favorite Bible verse and why? Too many it seems to have an absolute favorite, but I will say that Psalm 84 is very significant to me. I used part of it in the title of my grief recovery book....

"How blessed is the man whose strength is in Thee;
In whose heart are the highways to Zion!
Passing through the valley of Baca, they make it a spring,
The early rain also covers it with blessings.
They go from strength to strength,
Every one of them appears before God in Zion." Psalm 84: 5-7 NASB

The valley of Baca is often translated as "the valley of weeping" or "the valley of tears."

Hope everyone here in the US has a wonderful Labor Day week-end this week-end. And if not in the US, a wonderful regular week-end.;) I am really looking forward to 3 days off from work. :clap: Does
anyone have any special plans?

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
That is a lovely verse Kay we have a long weekend here in Canada too and it is also called Labor Day only we spell it Labour. I start back to work at the school on Tuesday after a wonderful summer off. jan

Upvote 0
K

kaykay9.0

Well, haven't done a question of the day for awhile. It's hard for me to think of good questions we haven't already discussed!^_^
But I have one today and it's this~ Do you ever fast for spiritual reasons? (as opposed to health/diet reasons) Is this something that is commonly done or not in your particular denomination or tradition? If you do, how do you generally fast? Have you ever done some type of fast that was not food-related i.e. like giving up TV, forums:swoon: ;) or something like that?
Ok, in our charismatic tradition, shall we say, yes we do fast sometimes. Our church has a 3 day corporate fast at the beginning of the year. In this time, you can choose to fast in whatever way you might choose. Some people medically may have issues and those might do the "non-food" related fast. Some might do a nothing but water fast, others liquid only. Some might do some type of a "Daniel fast" abstaining from a certain food group or groups. We also fast sometimes relative to a personal decision to do so. I have fasted different ways. Most commonly, I will fast from food but will drink all liquids or at least juices. If I'm honest, I really dislike fasting.:blush: (Guess very few really like it!) I do believe it has spiritual power, however.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CrumbsofComfort

How gracious and merciful is our LORD!
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
✟8,241.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No I haven't been in a church community that fasts.
I do remember being friends with someone who fasted, and she often came along to gatherings and made a big fuss about it, and I remember thinking that it should be something done quietly, between her and The Lord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
K

kaykay9.0

No I haven't been in a church community that fasts.
I do remember being friends with someone who fasted, and she often came along to gatherings and made a big fuss about it, and I remember thinking that it should be something done quietly, between her and The Lord.
Hi, CrumbsofComfort! :wave: Good to have you here! Yes, Jesus made it pretty clear that fasting or praying or any spiritual activity should not be done for show.
I've given up ice cream during the Lent season
Yeah, I was thinking that the liturgical churches often give up something for Lent and that is a type of a fast. When I was in the Episcopal church, one Lent I gave up Cokes!

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
We have been encouraged by our new pastor to set aside one day a week to do a dawn to dusk fast with special prayer emphasis on our church and makeing it an easy place for folks to come and be saved set free and filled with the spirit of God. My first fast day was last week on Saturday. I shall try again tomorrow. I used to fast a lot when I was a young woman and a new Christian. I tried not to make a big deal about it around my friends but sometimes I did have to mention it. I just never could manage it since with kids and busy family life. It is hard too when you have to cook for others but with us all fasting except for my disabled son it makes a saturday fast easier.

Upvote 0