• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Kanye West's long-awaited 'Jesus Is King' debuts at No. 1, tying Eminem's record

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Johnboy53, Nov 4, 2019.

1. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❤️ Supporter

+5,827
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    You have every imaginable sin on this site. I’ve seen criminals, satanists, and blasphemers embraced. Behavior isn’t the issue.

Wealth is frequently derided on CF. Whether the person is a believer is immaterial. The negative comments continue and the political threads are full of them.

~Bella

2. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+5,363
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    I think your confusing wealth with greed.

3. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❤️ Supporter

+5,827
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    No, I understand the difference. But many assume they’re one in the same.

~Bella

4. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,057
    Christian
    Married
    It will soon be evident whether Kanye desires to influence and/or commodify christianity ... or let Christ change him. The rich need prayer as well. Jesus said that it is hard for them to enter into the kingdom.

I recall that Paul's conversion was met with much skepticism, as well. But it is certainly appropriate to be discerning.

Kanye appears to be in a search for meaning in his life.

Let's give him some time ... and prayer ... along with all other Christ-seekers. He should be exhibiting the character of a follower for a good while, so it wouldn't be wise for christians to flock to him (as if he were a leader). Time will manifest the truth.

5. Nithavela

Nithavela Building a stairway to home depot

+11,197
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    For that amount of Moolah, I'd pretend to be a christian.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,778
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Absolutely. The hero worship of "celebrities" is evil. It just feeds their ego. I remember the time when Bob Dylan was supposedly saved. He also produced a "Christian" record. It had a Christian message but it was lifeless. I saw no change in Mr Dylan. I hope we do not say the same about Kayne in a year or two.

7. Kaon

Kaon Well-Known Member

+1,839
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    He said he sold his soul to the devil and it was a crappy deal, but at least it came with a few toys (riches) like a happy meal.

People choose. Kanye is an adult and he knows what He is doing. Don't cast pearls before swine.

8. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN I'm praying for my dad to get well.

+2,783
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    I doubt people on here Are praying for people on this forum. Unless its put on a pray request. Even with that. I doubt people prayer much.I do believe there a lot of people pretending to pray. To make someone fill good.

9. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,057
    Christian
    Married
    Why such a poor opinion of your fellow believers ?

10. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❤️ Supporter

+5,827
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I pray often through the requests shared and follow up with those I’m acquainted with. If you have a need I hope you’ll share and trust it hasn’t been ignored.

~Bella

11. Kaon

Kaon Well-Known Member

+1,839
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    Most of us prove the poster right, especially on these forums.

12. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+3,622
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Is there some reason one could not pray for both?

13. Kaon

Kaon Well-Known Member

+1,839
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    Celebrities choose to be idols - ignorantly or not. They are a different entity than even a regular rich person. The Word of God tells us not to cast our pearls before swine; it is our job to discern people by their fruits, and judge their character accordingly.

So, it is sort of a slap in the face to tell millions of people to pray for a man that has incredible resources, claimed he sold his soul, chose to go into darkness, and is now choosing to exploit Christianity. We need to be cognizant of the blasphemy, and we should reserve our precious prayers for people who are (indeed) suffering.

If we were involved in our community like we should be - healing the sick, casting out demons, taking care of the poor, and spreading truth and knowledge - then celebrities wouldn't have to do it, nor would they have the platform to even attempt to exploit it.

14. mala

mala fluffy lion

+1,690
    Muslim
    Single
    no reason whatsoever. but in a world where people are fleeing for their lives, being kept in internment camps and so forth. the exploits of an whiny idiot child man should hardly be worth a second.
    but americans sure do love to pray for their celebrities.

15. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

+2,783
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    Strangers on a forum.

16. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+11,256
    Christian
    Married
    The Lord saved Bill O'Hair (the kid who was at the center of the Supreme Court decision that took prayer out of schools--Jesus got him anyway). The Lord saved Jane Fonda. The Lord even saved the cannibal murderer Jeffrey Dahmer. The Holy Spirit is a continual wonder in who He can reach.

So the Lord can save Kanye West, and I agree that none of us out here in the world has the inside information to judge whether Kanye is "really" saved. However, I would make this point from scripture: "A church leader must not be a new believer, because he might become proud, and the devil would cause him to fall." -- 1 Timothy 3:6

Someone will object, "But nobody has made Kanye a church pastor!" However, we in America have a tendency to idolize and follow celebrities. Already Kanye is being invited to lead church services, to speak in public, and he already has a following. Conservative evangelicals have been quick to make him an example to guide African-Americans to vote Republican. Yes, he is being made a leader.

Someone will object: "But look at Paul!" Paul, however, was under the tutelage of Christ for 16 years before anyone handed him a microphone. Paul was not a new believer when he began his evangelistic mission. Kanye is a new Christian who has been handed a mic and has people looking to him for leadership.

And that sets him up to be prey for Satan

17. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+8,625
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    We see it all around us.
    They throw His name in vain out there
    heard in many, many movies these days.
    M

18. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

+2,783
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    You could pray or pretend to pray for who ever you want. I could understand praying for a celebrity in trouble. Or a celebrity you like. But I believe there's just to many people to pray for. Celebs or most people don't even come to mind.

19. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

+2,783
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    How do we know these people are save?

20. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

+2,783
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    Very true. I had respect for Republicans / Christians and other religions. But it gets less and less everyday. Democrats wasn't much of a thought when I was younger.