Kanye West's long-awaited 'Jesus Is King' debuts at No. 1, tying Eminem's record

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
You could pray or pretend to pray for who ever you want. I could understand praying for a celebrity in trouble. Or a celebrity you like. But I believe there's just to many people to pray for. Celebs or most people don't even come to mind.
The reason is simple enough. Apart from the pressure celebrities face, that most of us do not, a failed celebrity is a powerful anti Christian message. Justin Bieber's indiscretions are plastered over the internet. I have no interest in him as a performer. His witness is important. Kayne West (again, I would not know him if I tripped over him in the street) recently preached to 6000 people, mostly young. He gave an altar call and about 1000 responded. Are they all born again? I doubt it. Billy Graham said that he would be delighted if 5% of the people who responded to his preaching were in reality saved. Kayne West can reach an audience that would not dream of attending a traditional meeting. Yes, pray for him.

• Haha
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do we know these people are save?

How would I know you or anyone else would be saved? Only because you claimed it.

My point is that I don't discount Kanye's confession at this point any more than I would Jane Fonda's confession. I don't have enough information about how they actually live their lives to make a 1 Corinthians 5 judgment about them.

I'm pointed out the danger of looking to a new believer as any kind of leading figure. It's a danger both to him and to those who are looking to him.

Upvote 0