Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
From the "There are no winners in Washington now", files: Justice Department ‘Looking Into’ Hillary Clinton’s Emails— Again

An ally of Attorney General Jeff Sessions who is familiar with the thinking at the Justice Department’s Washington headquarters described it as an effort to gather new details on how Clinton and her aides handled classified material. Officials’ questions include how much classified information was sent over Clinton’s server; who put that information into an unclassified environment, and how; and which investigators knew about these matters and when.​

• Informative
Reactions: brinny

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I guess there is job security in the justice department.

With that said, the FBI investigation into the email thing, was a very narrow investigation. Is this political? Most investigations in Washington are to some degree.
Everyone I know with a security clearance believes they would have gone to jail for life if they had handled classified information the way Hillary did.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Everyone I know with a security clearance believes they would have gone to jail for life if they had handled classified information the way Hillary did.

It's hard to get a grip on what happened with that email server, to be honest. I'm not sure I'd end up in jail if I did it, but my clearance would be stripped. Generally speaking they don't go after people legally unless they commit some other crime, like giving the information to someone else. Not storing it properly, while illegal, just doesn't seem to be prosecuted since it's easier to remove the person from their position.

Of course, if someone is elected President, they get clearance no matter what they've done.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
LOL ... so you think a lesser penalty appropriate for Hillary?

20 years maybe?

Life for mishandling of classified information just seems a little heavy. Can you cite the criminal code that has life sentences for this?

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Life for mishandling of classified information just seems a little heavy. Can you cite the criminal code that has life sentences for this?
I would merely suggest to you that such codes include ...

... the death penalty for mishandling classified information. There are well documented cases. Look it up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Indeed.

The question is...

why DIDN'T she?

Sickening.

:sick:

• Haha
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
No pal your the one who's making the claim here.
Since you insist ...

Criminal Prohibitions on Leaks and Other Disclosures of Classified Defense Information

A violation of Section 794 is punishable by imprisonment for any term of years or life, or under certain circumstances, by a sentence of death. The death penalty is available upon a finding that the offense resulted in the death of a covert agent or directly concerns nuclear weapons or other particularly sensitive types of information. The death penalty is also available for violators who gather, transmit, or publish information related to military plans or operations and the like during time of war, with the intent that the information reaches the enemy. Offenders are also subject to forfeiture of any ill-gotten gains and property used to facilitate the offense. In sum, Section 794 treats the transmission of national security information with intent to aid the enemy or a foreign government more severely than other types of disclosures.

• Informative
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would merely suggest to you that such codes include ...

... the death penalty for mishandling classified information. There are well documented cases. Look it up.

I say it is hyperbole. Up to you to defend life sentence in this specific case.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
. In sum, Section 794 treats the transmission of national security information with intent to aid the enemy or a foreign government more severely than other types of disclosures.
In other words, with INTENT, remember Comey saying there was no 'Intent' this is what he was talking about. No intent to aid an enemy or a foreign government, thus no treason. Careless but not criminal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
In other words, with INTENT, remember Comey saying there was no 'Intent' this is what he was talking about. No intent to aid an enemy or a foreign government, thus no treason. Careless but not criminal.
Changed the wording from "Gross negligence" to "extremely careless", as I recall. Apparently, "gross negligence" calls for criminal prosecution.

• Winner
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Did you forget what you initially posted already?
Have I not addressed all your fine points yet? :scratch:

You demanded a criminal citation. I provided that.
You challenged the possibility of life imprisonment. I provided proof.
You challenged the possibility of punishment by death. I provided proof.

What other details would you like to focus on now, exactly?

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Since you insist ...

Criminal Prohibitions on Leaks and Other Disclosures of Classified Defense Information

A violation of Section 794 is punishable by imprisonment for any term of years or life, or under certain circumstances, by a sentence of death. The death penalty is available upon a finding that the offense resulted in the death of a covert agent or directly concerns nuclear weapons or other particularly sensitive types of information. The death penalty is also available for violators who gather, transmit, or publish information related to military plans or operations and the like during time of war, with the intent that the information reaches the enemy. Offenders are also subject to forfeiture of any ill-gotten gains and property used to facilitate the offense. In sum, Section 794 treats the transmission of national security information with intent to aid the enemy or a foreign government more severely than other types of disclosures.

There was a guy who was caught in a sting attempting to sell highly classified information to Israel and he received less than fifteen years.

• Agree
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Have I not addressed all your fine points yet? :scratch:

You demanded a criminal citation. I provided that.
You challenged the possibility of life imprisonment. I provided proof.
You challenged the possibility of punishment by death. I provided proof.

What other details would you like to focus on now, exactly?

That the specific circumstances in this case, would call for a life sentence.

Upvote 0