Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry just having a bad night here and needed someone to talk to and as it is 12:30am here (and 1:30am back home in Aus) I am thinking that calling someone is not wise.

However, I do believe I am loosing my mind. I have lost some pulsa (pre-paid telephone money), my remote control for my air-con (something that I still need to use even though it is winter) and some money from my room. But then it may not have been lost. It could have been stolen (which would not be the first time) by some of the local staff. Then again, I don't want to think like that but I can't afford not to because that is what happens! :doh:
I am living in a catch 22 situation at the moment and all I want to do is run away or cry. Or both which sounds like an even better plan though there is no where to run to. :doh::confused: :doh:

Ok so maybe I need to start by breathing first. :) But sometimes it is so hard to try and keep the control over yourself. I know I can't control everything around me but I should at least have self control (after all it is one of the fruits of the Spirit). Moments like these require all the control I have (and that is not much). I am not sure why I am writing this. Maybe I just needed to talk some sense into my self.

Anyway God gave me this verse to reflect upon "For this God is our God for ever and ever; He will be our guide even to the end" Psalm 48:14. It just jumped out at me. I guess I just need to remind myself that, although I can't see the see the forest for the trees, I can rest assured that He is my God and that He will guide me through all these small dramas to the bigger dream at the end.

Oddish

May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD.
Jun 20, 2009
✟31,510.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are right. God will look after you, don't worry he will give you the inner strength to need just as long as you cling on to him :).

This is a message from a card that my mum gave me:

"You're really something, do you know that? And in spite of whatever may happen in your day, you are going to stay that way: trying and giving and living life in the best way you know how. So keep your spirits up, and keep things in perspective. It's going to be okay".

:)

Reactions: Evie1980
Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
This is a message from a card that my mum gave me:

"You're really something, do you know that? And in spite of whatever may happen in your day, you are going to stay that way: trying and giving and living life in the best way you know how. So keep your spirits up, and keep things in perspective. It's going to be okay".

:)

That is beautiful. The hardest part is trying to do my best and realising that, although my best is not perfect it is all I can do. I guess that is the perspective that I need.

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Firstly, I'm so sorry to hear about all of this; my prayers will be with you.

Secondly, I know God will take care of you.

Grace and peace be upon you my sister.

Thanks for your prayers. Hopefully everything will turn up. I am more worried about the remote than anything else as it is not mine but the school's. D'oh.

Thank you Allen. I have been sick quite a bit this term as well. I am struggling to find cures for all my symptoms. It has not been fun this term in Dili, though God has still blessed me in many other ways.

Upvote 0

Revived

Fighting the good fight of faith.
Mar 25, 2009
Planted by the water
Visit site
✟30,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yvonne, check out today's "My Utmost for His Highest" devotional ...

GOD'S SAY-SO

Hebrews 13:5-6

Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we may boldly say:
“ The LORD is my helper;
I will not fear.
What can man do to me?”
My say-so is to be built on God's say-so. God says - "I will never leave thee," then I can with good courage say - "The Lord is my helper, I will not fear - " I will not be haunted by apprehension. This does not mean that I will not be tempted to fear, but I will remember God's say-so. I will be full of courage, like a child "bucking himself up" to reach the standard his father wants. Faith in many a one falters when the apprehensions come, they forget the meaning of God's say-so, forget to take a deep breath spiritually. The only way to get the dread taken out of us is to listen to God's say-so.

What are you dreading? You are not a coward about it, you are going to face it, but there is a feeling of dread. When there is nothing and no one to help you, say - "But the Lord is my Helper, this second, in my present outlook." Are you learning to say things after listening to God, or are you saying things and trying to make God's word fit in? Get hold of the Father's say-so, and then say with good courage - "I will not fear." It does not matter what evil or wrong may be in the way, He has said - "I will never leave thee."

Frailty is another thing that gets in between God's say-so and ours. When we realize how feeble we are in facing difficulties, the difficulties become like giants, we become like grasshoppers, and God becomes a nonentity. Remember God's say-so - "I will in no wise fail you." Have we learned to sing after hearing God's key-note? Are we always possessed with the courage to say - "The Lord is my helper," or are we succumbing?

----

Praying for you sis!! :hug: :)

Reactions: Evie1980
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
You said it's winter there??

I'm sorry you are struggling. I can get really frusterated when I lose important things too. I will pray you feel better soon. :hug:

Yes winter here means dry season. There will be no more rain for about 6 months. The land will dry out and everything will turn drown. It will remain like that until summer when the rain comes back. Though this has been a long summer.

Thank you all your prayers. I have found my air-con remote. Which is fantastic and the one thing I needed the most. I praise the Lord that I will be going on holidays in a week because I think a holiday is long over due.

Blessings and thanks,
Yvonne

Upvote 0