I don't believe that God created me for anything good anymore.

stars1777

Jan 31, 2021
New York
✟26,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People say God doesn't create worthless people but I am living proof that's not true at all. I lost the belief that God had a good purpose for everyone. It's like my life is meant to be a complete failure. If there was three words to summarize my life, it's just "weak-minded fool". I am everything that is downgrading and wrong with someone. It's so messed up that I can't believe it anymore. I believe that I am cursed. I am too stupid, too sensitive, my mother and family wishes me to die deep down. It's just too much for the ordinary person to handle. I am at a loss now. I was even told that God created my life to suck so that other people can feel better about themselves. I don't believe that I even have worth. What would you do in this situation?

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You have one choice that has any meaning.
Find out what God said about you. That will be the truth.

Job 11:16
16. Because thou shalt forget thy misery, and remember it as waters that pass away:

Isaiah 54:4
4. Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more.

Heb_8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Isaiah 43:25
25. I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Isaiah 44:22
22. I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee.

Psalms 51:9-10
9. Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
10. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Acts 3:19
19. Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Psa 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Micah 7:19
19. He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.

Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Psa 103:
10 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
12. As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
Romans 4:7-8
7. Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
8. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Hebrews_8:
12. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Upvote 0

stars1777

Jan 31, 2021
New York
✟26,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have one choice that has any meaning.
Find out what God said about you. That will be the truth.

Job 11:16
16. Because thou shalt forget thy misery, and remember it as waters that pass away:

Isaiah 54:4
4. Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more.

Heb_8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Isaiah 43:25
25. I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Isaiah 44:22
22. I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee.

Psalms 51:9-10
9. Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
10. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Acts 3:19
19. Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Psa 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Micah 7:19
19. He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.

Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Psa 103:
10 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
12. As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
Romans 4:7-8
7. Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
8. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Hebrews_8:
12. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
But what if God says everything that I said about myself is true?

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
James chapter 1 . Faith is essential to please God. Those who lack faith can't please God.
Moses generation, were stubborn and complainers. They doubted God. They committed idolatry.
Acts chapter 7 to document.

Knowledge and wisdom is the key. It's spirtual growth.

Proverbs chapter 1 . Some people reject knowledge and wisdom of God's word. They refuse to repent. God won't listen to their prayers.

Amos chapter 2 . This group is involved false religion. Don't be in this group. Study sound doctrine.

Pray to God and ask Him to help you with your faith. Jesus can help you out your spirtual condition.

Faith is the key.
No one else can do it for you.
The initiative is on you.

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Life is a learning experience. You have Christ in you the ‘hope of glory’. Youre not dumb until you quit trying, don’t quit. Seek to obey God, love your enemy, not yourself. Jesus teaches us to love, everybody needs love, one who loves in a selfless way, rolling with the punches, is not often rejected. Keep learning and don’t let it get you down.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
"He that comes to me, I will never reject." —Christ Jesus

Upvote 0

Lzz

Oct 17, 2023
NZ
✟9,355.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
People say God doesn't create worthless people but I am living proof that's not true at all. I lost the belief that God had a good purpose for everyone. It's like my life is meant to be a complete failure. If there was three words to summarize my life, it's just "weak-minded fool". I am everything that is downgrading and wrong with someone. It's so messed up that I can't believe it anymore. I believe that I am cursed. I am too stupid, too sensitive, my mother and family wishes me to die deep down. It's just too much for the ordinary person to handle. I am at a loss now. I was even told that God created my life to suck so that other people can feel better about themselves. I don't believe that I even have worth. What would you do in this situation?

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,344.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your purpose is good, even though you do not feel it or see it.

We have a very limited capacity to see the grand design of things and how every small part fits to it, therefore only "faith, hope and love" is left to us, if we feel out of place.

What you can do on your part is to learn to stop doing evil things and to learn to do good ones, step by step.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If That's truly the case, prove him wrong. I know how you feel. When i get low there i am. Wanting to be assured that I'm wrong. Your assurance only comes from within.with God's help. Stay strong. Read your Bible to get closer to God. Being here is not always the best place to be. Comparison can put us in an inferior place. Remember God loves us as much as anyone anywhere.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the Bible, God says >

"that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world." (Ephesians 2:12)

So, anyone without Jesus is a hopeless case. But many are boasting how they are fine, right while they refuse to trust in Jesus for all we can have as God's children.

So, trust Jesus for all you can share with God. Find out about this.

With God, we get real correction . . . therefore not only in comparison with people! But God corrects us in comparison with His Son Jesus, so we can share eternity with Jesus and one another.

In case God's word does say you are wrong, in any way, He means for you to trust Him to have you do better.

He does not mean for you to stay wrong, because Jesus has hope for what is possible for you with God.

In the Bible, there are plenty of criticisms of how people in sin are wrong; but often with a strong criticism God also gives His strong encouragement to all that is so better.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Think of this. You are not special. I do not say this to be offensive, only to liberate. You are a single blade of grass on a vast plain. He is not singling you out for attention or treatment that is different than any other of the billions of blades of grass. Jesus died for you just as He died for all the rest. God did not waste His blood on someone He does not love and care about. His blood is not ineffective when it comes to you. God is not leaning over to Jesus (at His right hand) and saying, "My Son, I know I required you to take stars1777 sins and die. But in this case, I am going to let the sins stand. I let you suffer and die for nothing." When you think about it from the POV of God, the price has been paid. He did not require Jesus to suffer for nothing. He took away the sins of the world, including yours. So when I say you are not special, this is what I mean. If someone or something is telling you this, congratulations, you have gained the attention of Satan, who is trying to deceive you.

Truth:

2 Corinthians 5:18-21 KJV
18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Just know that these facts pertain to you just like they pertain to everyone else.
You have been reconciled to God.
Your sins are not being imputed to you.
If you accept this truth, then you have been made the righteousness of God.
You are not special. You are in the same boat as the rest of you. You have been redeemed.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

If I were in your situation?

I'd probably try to wrestle with the meaning of what it is is to be made in the Image of God so I don't have to fall victim to the various forms of social deprecation that all too many other people try to push on others. Then, I'd go to a professional Christian psychologist and work on learning how to cope better with the challenges I feel I have in life. :cool:

Upvote 0

stars1777

Jan 31, 2021
New York
✟26,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Think of this. You are not special. I do not say this to be offensive, only to liberate. You are a single blade of grass on a vast plain. He is not singling you out for attention or treatment that is different than any other of the billions of blades of grass. Jesus died for you just as He died for all the rest. God did not waste His blood on someone He does not love and care about. His blood is not ineffective when it comes to you. God is not leaning over to Jesus (at His right hand) and saying, "My Son, I know I required you to take stars1777 sins and die. But in this case, I am going to let the sins stand. I let you suffer and die for nothing." When you think about it from the POV of God, the price has been paid. He did not require Jesus to suffer for nothing. He took away the sins of the world, including yours. So when I say you are not special, this is what I mean. If someone or something is telling you this, congratulations, you have gained the attention of Satan, who is trying to deceive you.

Truth:

2 Corinthians 5:18-21 KJV
18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Just know that these facts pertain to you just like they pertain to everyone else.
You have been reconciled to God.
Your sins are not being imputed to you.
If you accept this truth, then you have been made the righteousness of God.
You are not special. You are in the same boat as the rest of you. You have been redeemed.
But how do you know if what you are saying is true and that I am not an exception? How do you know exactly if God has something good for me in life?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But how do you know if what you are saying is true and that I am not an exception? How do you know exactly if God has something good for me in life?
Very simple. It is not about you. It is about Jesus. Jesus paid for you to be saved in every way you can be saved. It is not so much that God has respect for you; it is that He has ultimate respect for Jesus. God is faithful. He said He has done these things for man, and you are not the exception. God did not ask Jesus to suffer only to then not make good on that demand. Jesus paid for it with His suffering, blood, and death. It says He has done these things for His own sake.
The Word says repeatedly that He did these things for the world. You are a part of this world. You are born of Adam, and what Jesus did was to "undo" what happened in the Garden of Eden. If you are a child of Adam, what Jesus did was done for you. You inherited this salvation.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
We are all exceptions, but none of us is better than the next. And God makes it to rain on the just and the injust.

But this life is not for this life.
Romans 8:18 "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The Lord tells us this world has tribulation but tells us to rejoice since He has overcome this world ( John 16:33). This involves endurance and the Lord is telling us to have hope and stay faithful. Believe me this is easier said than done.

The Lord Himself felt sorrow when He prayed at Gesthemane ( see Matthew 26:36-46). Jesus Christ even cried out on the Cross to His Father to forgive His oppressors ( Luke 23:34) and to His Father to not forsake His own Son ( Matthew 27:46).

If I was to tell another person they were of less value than another then the Lord would tell me He never knew me ( Matthew 7:21-23). The Lord wants us to come to Him with a repentant heart ( see Luke 18:9-14). Just by praying, we show that we trust in the Lord and care for our neighbors ( Matthew 6:9-13). If we can, we should be charitable ( Matthew 6:1-4).

The Lord meets us where we are at.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LennyChataeu

Feb 4, 2012
✟8,197.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You exist to have a relationship with God. That is it. Try to come closer to God and everything else will be trivial.

You are not worthless. You are absolutely wonderful as you are and God long to have a relationship with You.

Upvote 0