Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Let me guess. After Prof. Ford's testimony falls flat, the handlers of Ms. Swetnick will insist that we must now delay another few weeks until Swetnicks alleged witnesses are sought out, given lie-detector tests, and interviewed by the Judiciary Committee or the FBI or both.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Swetnick's memories of Kavanaugh's wild times in the DC metro area conflict with Kavanaugh's testimony on the hill.

New Kavanaugh accuser says she has witnesses. Her claim hinges entirely on this
Yeah, commented on this on a few ongoing threads. A 'declared statement' I think the Senate is calling it because it has not been sworn to claiming other witnesses. Of course if those other witnesses do come forward they would incriminate Swetnick for going to multiple parties seeing other women raped and did nothing to stop or report the activity. By her own admission she is complicit in the crimes.

Like Ms Ford, Ms Swetnick only needs to go to the local DA's office and file a report to start an investigation.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,408,339.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Let me guess. After Prof. Ford's testimony falls flat, the handlers of Ms. Swetnick will insist that we must now delay another few weeks until Swetnicks alleged witnesses are sought out, given lie-detector tests, and interviewed by the Judiciary Committee or the FBI or both.
Has Ford's testimony fallen flat?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,408,339.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Two men have contacted the Senate committee and one is on record with a written statement that he believes it was he who assaulted Ms Ford.
But has she testified and her testimony fallen flat?

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟824,570.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I said 'after Prof. Ford's testimony falls flat...'
Well, nothing has fallen flat yet. Have to wait. I will say that the hearing and questioning has been very respectful towards Ms Ford.

• Informative
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,162,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Are they that slow that only this short list of actions would take more than 10 days? They should put more people on it and get it done, as many as needed, to finish in 2 weeks, is my view. We are a large nation. We can pay 50 agents at a time to do something.

Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Swetnick's memories of Kavanaugh's wild times in the DC metro area conflict with Kavanaugh's testimony on the hill.

New Kavanaugh accuser says she has witnesses. Her claim hinges entirely on this
So we should deal with one ancient unprosecutable (even in civil court) claim at a time.

Clearly Ford believes what occured. Clearly the 4 witnesses she mentioned don't support her claims whatsoever (this is why no civil court would hear the case). She has admitted to anxiety disorder and PTSD which are both causes of memory distortions. It would have been so much easier if the Democrats had taken her claims seriously in July.

The Dems still don't appear to want to question her as one after another read their scripts rather than ask questions.

Strange that the Judge was not reported doing anything like he has been accused of doing to Ford, by either of the girls he dated at the time. Or any of 60 other people who knew him for that matter. This is unusual!

In cases like say Bill Clinton, we can go back and see a large number of people who claimed to know about his proclivity to sexually assaulting people.

It could be the case Kavanaugh is guilty, and his girlfriends, and 60 other people didn't see his behavior. Or they are lying.

We seem to have people remembering everyone talking about it in school the following week. When they were informed that school was not in session during the summer, they retracted their corroborating statement and promptly disappeared. Apparently their memory was false but Ford's wasn't.

False memory are linked to PTSD. One of the key evidences is the appearance of knew facts in multiple interviews over a short period of time.

Here is one article that demonstrates a high correlation between women who were abused, had PTSD, and recorded false memories.

SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class journal research

I have been falsely accused of sexual harassment by a women. Luckily for me I had two female witnesses who defended my claims. My accuser had made no less than 4 false accusations in a period of as many years. The first two men who had been falsely accused had their careers destroyed. The company finally separated the individual but not before she had destroyed or attempted to destroy 4 lives.

Point is these claims need to be taking seriously. And if someone has a track-record of lying, they need to be dealt with as a criminal (attempting to commit fraud) or a mental health risk.

I would like to see Ford analyzed to see if she has memory distortions. These individuals pass lie-detector tests with flying colors due to the fact they think they are true events.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,162,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So we should deal with one ancient unprosecutable (even in civil court) claim at a time.

Clearly Ford believes what occured. Clearly the 4 witnesses she mentioned don't support her claims whatsoever (this is why no civil court would hear the case). She has admitted to anxiety disorder and PTSD which are both causes of memory distortions. It would have been so much easier if the Democrats had taken her claims seriously in July.

The Dems still don't appear to want to question her as one after another read their scripts rather than ask questions.

Strange that the Judge was not reported doing anything like he has been accused of doing to Ford, by either of the girls he dated at the time. Or any of 60 other people who knew him for that matter. This is unusual!

In cases like say Bill Clinton, we can go back and see a large number of people who claimed to know about his proclivity to sexually assaulting people.

It could be the case Kavanaugh is guilty, and his girlfriends, and 60 other people didn't see his behavior. Or they are lying.

We seem to have people remembering everyone talking about it in school the following week. When they were informed that school was not in session during the summer, they retracted their corroborating statement and promptly disappeared. Apparently their memory was false but Ford's wasn't.

False memory are linked to PTSD. One of the key evidences is the appearance of knew facts in multiple interviews over a short period of time.

Here is one article that demonstrates a high correlation between women who were abused, had PTSD, and recorded false memories.

Judge's videos showing young women in sexualized poses, the various accounts of various people of drunken parties....show we need more information from more people.

This is extremely helpful though -- about how memories are altered:
They Say Sexual Assault, Kavanaugh Says It Never Happened: Sifting Truth From Memory

Reactions: Uber Genius
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,162,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Another thing to be aware of -- these things when (if!) they actually happen, truly surprise people who feel they know it could not happen, feel sure they know for sure....

Bronx Parish Is in Shock As Scandal Touches Home

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Judge's videos showing young women in sexualized poses, the various accounts of various people of drunken parties....show we need more information from more people.

This is extremely helpful though -- about how memories are altered:
They Say Sexual Assault, Kavanaugh Says It Never Happened: Sifting Truth From Memory
As a father of 2 daughters and 2 step-daughters and a husband I want to get to the bottom of these allegations. The timing doesn't just seem suspect. The Dems have admitted to not investigating!

They are obstructing justice not empowering women.

I have yet to see any major news outlet hold them accountable.

Grassley offered to travel to Ford to take a statement. Ford also said she wished it could have occured in private at her location, as if the world didn't know that she had already turned down that offer.

But I hope that we can get to the truth. I have recorded it and am passing over all the speeches by anyone except Ford and her interlocutor.

The presumption of innocence only goes so far. If the other witnesses change their story, or new ones show up and corroborate, and don't have the same issues as Ford, then we need to take them seriously. I don't want to rubber stamp a guy just because he supports the rule of law and not inventing a new US Constitution.

Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Another thing to be aware of -- these things when (if!) they actually happen, truly surprise people who feel they know it could not happen, feel sure they know for sure....

Bronx Parish Is in Shock As Scandal Touches Home
It is not my claim that knowledge or certainty works this way.

My claim is that I have been falsely accused, know of several others who have been falsely accused, know prosecutors who have told me (albeit years later) that they have falsely accused people and falsified evidence to get a conviction. So my point is we shouldn't be naive as the Dems, or "The View," would have us be.

Imagine a venn diagram.

One circle is Kavanaugh is innocent
One circle is Kavanaugh is guilty
Now imagine the Dems saying behind the scenes, "If we investigate the facts and Kavanaugh turns out to be innocent then we won't be able to get the Republicans to abandon support for his nomination. Now given that point, the only way we should move forward is NOT TO INVESTIGATE SO IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR US TO DISCOVER KAVANAUGH IS INNOCENT!"

That appears to explain the Dems lack of any action whatsoever.

Ford could be telling the truth.

I went to parties in the late 1970s. I remember a party I was at in 1978 and three in 1979. I can take you to those houses. I can tell of a few people that were there. But I don't expect any of them to be able to corroborate my recollection.

Further, If I was assaulted, it would seem to be more memorable rather than less. But I could be shown data that proves that as a protection mechanism, people who are traumatized at 15 or 16 are prone to loss of memory.

No question that Ford believes she was assaulted. She was sure it was Kavanaugh.

Further I can be sympathetic to a teenage girl not reporting getting assaulted.

Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
They are voting tomorrow so this hearing is just a for the record sham imho.
The sham was the DEMs not taking Ford seriously. They refused to investigate in July and August just in case their investigation showed that Ford's account couldn't be corroborated. Just watched 2 hours of Dems continuing to not ask Ford questions.

Your right it is a sham.

Schumer the shammer.

Take courage, the Dems have thwarted the advise and consent role to veto (what a bunch of anarchists).

I predict that Republican Senators in tight races will bite on the Schumer sham, and vote down Kavanaugh based on unsubstantiated account from 36 years ago. Blake, or Corker, etc.

Bork all over again.

Kennedy and Biden were the guys peddling the mud.

The Dems are in lockstep though. Hard to beat.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,091,082.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I am going to put my two cents in then, sorry, I don't have the time to debate it with anyone.

I thought Kavanaugh was evasive and dodgy and totally unbelievable. Ford's story, and the corroborating information presented for her case, was utterly credible. But as for the Dem and Republicans it's a partisan game.

Also, though I consider myself a conservative and vote Republican, I have been really disgusted with how many on the right in the media, alternative and standard, were smearing and piling on in regard to Ford before she had even had a chance to tell her story. Typical: Blame or get into denial with the victim and bully and berate her or him.

Kavanaugh is a swamp creature anyway, deep in with the Bushes for decades. His wife was a personal Bush aide. George W. recently came out to support Kavanaugh. Let's get a real conservative on the Supreme Court, not a rino.

I think that will eventually happen. Ironically I am grateful to the Dems for all they are doing to bring down Kavanaugh!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The sham was the DEMs not taking Ford seriously. They refused to investigate in July and August just in case their investigation showed that Ford's account couldn't be corroborated. Just watched 2 hours of Dems continuing to not ask Ford questions.

Your right it is a sham.

Schumer the shammer.

Take courage, the Dems have thwarted the advise and consent role to veto (what a bunch of anarchists).

I predict that Republican Senators in tight races will bite on the Schumer sham, and vote down Kavanaugh based on unsubstantiated account from 36 years ago. Blake, or Corker, etc.

Bork all over again.

Kennedy and Biden were the guys peddling the mud.

The Dems are in lockstep though. Hard to beat.
It is interesting that through all of this, the average person online or elsewhere apparently wants to make the point that Ford is telling the truth or that Kavanaugh is telling the truth and/or that women do not lie or that he looked angry or who knows what.

BUT these rather glaring issues seem to have been lost on them:

1. Ford insists that she remembers details of the alleged assault from almost 40 years ago but, during her testimony, she repeatedly stated that she does not remember items and events of considerable importance (like who paid for her polygraph test) from only several months ago.

2. Her testimony was filled with holes, like saying she couldn't travel from the West Coast to the East Coast at the suggested time, last Monday, because she has a fear of flying. However, she admitted that she does make that trip annually to visit a relative and, in fact, regularly travels all over the world by air.

3. She wanted privacy, but she placed her appeal into the hands of lawyers and strategists who are high-level veterans of the Democrat Party's other, similar, fights from the past, rather than any other experts, advisors, attorneys, etc. Why?

4. Every political or legal process has an end. If you don't show up on time, don't file the papers on time, don't like the outcome, whatever, you don't just get to re-open or reconsider the process indefinitely. So also with this one, and the Democrats on the Judiciary Committee chose to wait until the last minute...and then the really last minute...and then to one more appeal. That was their own choice. When the FBI ends its investigation, there will be the next thing "that simply must be done in order to be thorough."

• Winner
Reactions: Uber Genius
Upvote 0