Judge postpones ‘birther’ hearing until Monday; Orly Taitz claims to have Obama birth

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed, in the context of usurpation of the Presidency, Judge Land argues the Courts cannot intervene in military discipline, citing cases which regard issues of much lesser import than usurpation of that or any office in the chain of command. And this seems to be the principal defect of his argumentation in his ruling last week and in this recent order.

Unfortunately for the article writer, he or she does not come to grips with the actual issue presented in the motion--whether the court should intervene in Capt. Rhodes's deployment order.

All of the stuff about usurpation and such is background to that issue. It is well-settled law that the courts do not intervene in those matters.

Dr. Taitz jumped on having military plaintiffs in order to avoid the standing issue. Unfortunately, by choosing those plaintiffs, she ran into the abstention issue.

Her persistence in pressing the issue, and her attempts to insult the Court, add up to a show cause order for sanctions. Her client's proper remedy would be a request to the 11th Circuit for an emergency stay.

The smart thing for her to do now--and I doubt she will do it--is to hire someone else to defend the show cause order. If she is even smarter, she bought the "professional responsibility" rider on her malpractice insurance that will defend her (although it will not pay).

Upvote 0

Anovah

Jun 6, 2004
Oregon
✟14,597.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Rhodesaf.jpg

Captain Rhodes signature above...

birther_letter.jpg

What seems to be a forgery...

Something is really fishy....

Don't you find it a bit ironic that this can set off your fishy alarm yet you continue to entertain multiple birth certificate forgeries?

Last edited:
Reactions: xMinionX
Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I see a lot of that, unfortunately.

Dr. Taitz is gonna eat a sanction--I can't see her actually bringing a cogent response to the show cause order given her past filings. This will be taken by her supporters as confirmation that the entire system is corrupt.

For those folks reading this who have serious questions about Pres. Obama's eligibility, pay more attention to Mr. Kreep's work. It is boring and doesn't have the rhetoric of Dr. Taitz's stuff, but it is much more competent. He is grinding through the boring standing and abstention issues that Dr. Taitz doesn't want to touch. She's like a kid who wants to dig in a box of cereal to get the prize instead of eating all those crappy Wheat Chex first. Kreep seems willing to eat the Wheat Chex.

Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

North American Energy Independence Now!
Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Rhodesaf.jpg

Captain Rhodes signature above...

birther_letter.jpg

What seems to be a forgery...

Something is really fishy....

Don't you find it a bit ironic that this can set off your fishy alarm yet you continue to entertain multiple birth certificate forgeries?

So the signatures look exactly the same to you, I gather.
And the only forgery is that COLB paraded by all those who never question anything about the lack of vetting that took place.

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Obama law tab up to $1.4 million
[SIZE=+1]'Grassroots army' contributions being used to crush eligibility lawsuits?[/SIZE]

Obama law tab up to $1.4 million

There is a logical error here.

Perkins Coie (who is serious business) is being paid a lot of money. But there is no indication the only thing Perkins Coie is doing is defending these cases. As far as I can tell, DoJ staff is doing most of the work.

Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I see a lot of that, unfortunately.

Dr. Taitz is gonna eat a sanction--I can't see her actually bringing a cogent response to the show cause order given her past filings. This will be taken by her supporters as confirmation that the entire system is corrupt.

For those folks reading this who have serious questions about Pres. Obama's eligibility, pay more attention to Mr. Kreep's work. It is boring and doesn't have the rhetoric of Dr. Taitz's stuff, but it is much more competent. He is grinding through the boring standing and abstention issues that Dr. Taitz doesn't want to touch. She's like a kid who wants to dig in a box of cereal to get the prize instead of eating all those crappy Wheat Chex first. Kreep seems willing to eat the Wheat Chex.
I was reading in this article about the "Twitter" Judge Robertson who warning of sanctions against Hemenway, ordered him to respond immediately. ANd he did.

Hemenway wrote, "These are not frivolous matters, as the learned Judge Robertson has suggested. Possible illegal orders are a matter of great concern to officers in the armed forces........

He also asserted that if he was penalized he would have the right to a discovery hearing to see documentation of the judge's statements – not supported by any evidence introduced into the case – that Obama was properly "vetted."

"If the court persists in pressing Rule 11 procedures against Hemenway, then Hemenway should be allowed all of the discovery pertinent to the procedures as court precedents have permitted in the past," he wrote to the judge.

Do you think Orly could get discovery by way of the same Hemenway arguement?

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=94409

Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
There is a logical error here.

Perkins Coie (who is serious business) is being paid a lot of money. But there is no indication the only thing Perkins Coie is doing is defending these cases. As far as I can tell, DoJ staff is doing most of the work.
They are now, but if you look at the dates of the payments, the most money was recently spent this year. How do we even begin to measure the tax dollars being wasted to keep Obama'a secrets?

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was reading in this article about the "Twitter" Judge Robertson who warning of sanctions against Hemenway, ordered him to respond immediately. ANd he did.

Hemenway wrote, "These are not frivolous matters, as the learned Judge Robertson has suggested. Possible illegal orders are a matter of great concern to officers in the armed forces........

He also asserted that if he was penalized he would have the right to a discovery hearing to see documentation of the judge's statements – not supported by any evidence introduced into the case – that Obama was properly "vetted."

"If the court persists in pressing Rule 11 procedures against Hemenway, then Hemenway should be allowed all of the discovery pertinent to the procedures as court precedents have permitted in the past," he wrote to the judge.

Do you think Orly could get discovery by way of the same Hemenway arguement?

'Twittered' eligibility case lawyer faces threat of sanctions

I doubt it.

This is hard to explain, because it depends on my experience trying federal cases and that experience is difficult to transmit to someone who hasn't practiced in federal court.

Dr. Taitz is a really bad lawyer. Like, as bad as crazy people who sue Satan (yeah, somebody tried to do that). I read her pleadings and I laugh. She is in way over her head in a technical area of the law in which she has no experience, practicing in a court system in which she has no experience. You could probably do a better job than she is doing.

Not only are her paper filings really, really bad, her oral arguments are also dreadful. I have only seen informal transcripts, but they seem to be a lot like her television interviews. That is, they sound like the rantings of someone who has all her worldly belongings in a shopping cart down by the river.

I think she has burned her bridges by forgetting who her target audience is. It is not the people who read her blog. Her target audience is federal district court judges who she must convince of her arguments. Her loud accusations of "usurper!" and "fraud!" may get her a lot of strokes on her blog, but they go nowhere in front of a district court judge who already has to spend too much time on crazy cases.

Back before the electronic case filing system was created, I liked to go to the clerk's desk myself and file my own cases. While the clerk processed the filing, I would page through the binder they kept at the desk of recent filings. It was fun to see the crazy cases filed by prisoners who had nothing better to do with their time. There were a lot of them.

Anyway, I think Dr. Taitz has reached the point where she is viewed as nothing more than some nut, some prisoner complaining that the warden won't let him have his inappropriate content. Because of this, I think she is going to get knocked with a sanction and not get any leave to do discovery.

Seriously--follow Mr. Kreep's work on this issue. He's boring and doesn't post an update every thirty seconds, but he is at least willing to do the boring work to get to the prize.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

The best way to sanction her wouldn't be a fine but to freeze her assets. Without being able to parley her martyrdom into CA$H she'd likely go away fairly quickly.

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The best way to sanction her wouldn't be a fine but to freeze her assets. Without being able to parley her martyrdom into CA$H she'd likely go away fairly quickly.

The court doesn't have the power to do that. Just monetary sanctions and a referral to the state lawyer disciplinary board.

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No two signatures ever look identical, even if they were made by the same person.

I actually agree with HH that there is something weird about that signature. My current hypothesis is that it is some foolish person's idea of a joke, but that is only a hypothesis.

Upvote 0

TheGuide

Feb 5, 2007
Houston, TX
Visit site
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I agree. When it comes right down to it, with her, it's all about the money.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheGuide

Feb 5, 2007
Houston, TX
Visit site
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I actually agree with HH that there is something weird about that signature. My current hypothesis is that it is some foolish person's idea of a joke, but that is only a hypothesis.

Not necessarily. I have a great signature when I'm relaxed and not stressed. However, it's completely different when I'm anxious, concerned, or to tired to care about how my siginature looks. Her first signature projects confidence and ease, i.e. Orly had convinced her that they had a solid case. However, the signature on the letter indicates stress, observe how tightly the letter-signature looks. Still, w shall see in the coming days whether she denies the letter or agrees that it is hers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I agree. The letter should not be taken seriously until Rhodes herself sets the record straight.

Upvote 0
S

Steezie

I have my doubts. I've seen two samples of my own signature that didnt look even remotely CLOSE to similar. It depends on the pen, your hand, the paper, the angle that you're writing at, and probably several dozen other factors.

I used to work at a store that required us to collect customer signatures every time they come in and I NEVER saw a signature that looked the same twice.

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have my doubts. I've seen two samples of my own signature that didnt look even remotely CLOSE to similar. It depends on the pen, your hand, the paper, the angle that you're writing at, and probably several dozen other factors.

I used to work at a store that required us to collect customer signatures every time they come in and I NEVER saw a signature that looked the same twice.

It's the line that makes me go, "Hmm . . . ."

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Well, that letter should not present any problem. Just ask her. She´ll either affirm or deny it.

(Or do you think it would spawn a "Rhodester" movement if she denies having sent that letter? What does she have to hide? ;) )

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.