Sayre

Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
✟18,216.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes, it's ultimately up to the family if they continue life support or not.

Using a dead body as an incubator is just flat out disgusting.

Thanks Dave. I assume from this thread that abortion is illegal in Texas? I would think that if a pregnant woman is presumed brain dead, that the right to decide what happens to her body (as in, abortion) is not removed but is instead conferred to the family.

Upvote 0

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Thanks Dave. I assume from this thread that abortion is illegal in Texas? I would think that if a pregnant woman is presumed brain dead, that the right to decide what happens to her body (as in, abortion) is not removed but is instead conferred to the family.

That would be a logical conclusion.... but logic isn't always the best way to figure out how things work in Texas.

Abortion is legal in Texas, so if the mother happened to still be alive, she could abort the pregnancy no problem. That's part of the absurdity of this case.

Upvote 0

Sayre

Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
✟18,216.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That would be a logical conclusion.... but logic isn't always the best way to figure out how things work in Texas.

Abortion is legal in Texas, so if the mother happened to still be alive, she could abort the pregnancy no problem. That's part of the absurdity of this case.

That is absurd!

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

It's still legal, though the anti-choice folks are trying to regulate providers out of business.

I wouldn't say no problem. She could live in one of the ~250 counties that don't currently have, or will soon have no providers.

Upvote 0