✟2,238.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Video + Article = Judge Orders Pregnant Texas Woman Off Life Support

[FONT=proxima-nova, arial][FONT=proxima-nova, arial, sans-serif]Jan. 24, 2014
By SYDNEY LUPKIN

[FONT=proxima-nova, arial, sans-serif]A judge today ordered a Texas hospital to remove a brain-dead pregnant woman from life support by 5 p.m. Monday.[/FONT]
(Full Story)

:( God rest her and comfort her family and watch over and bring into this world in perfect health, her precious unborn baby. :prayer:

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Prayers for the family of the woman.

I'm glad that the state finally stepped out and allowed the family to do the right thing. That is a terrible law in Texas, and I hope that the work the family has done to highlight it will force a change. A person doesn't belong to the state. *SMH*

The mom and her baby will be reunited in heaven.

Reactions: united4Peace
Upvote 0

Lovely Jar

Pray Out Loud
Jun 24, 2013
✟2,238.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The baby has severe brain and heart abnormalities .

"On Wednesday, the family’s lawyers announced that the 22-week-old fetus was “distinctly abnormal,” with water on the brain, a possible heart condition and lower extremity deformities."

Yes, I know. :( Praying for a miracle as Christians do. :prayer:

Upvote 0

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prayers for the family of the woman.

I'm glad that the state finally stepped out and allowed the family to do the right thing. That is a terrible law in Texas, and I hope that the work the family has done to highlight it will force a change. A person doesn't belong to the state. *SMH*

The mom and her baby will be reunited in heaven.

You're right. A person doesn't belong to the state, but the responsibility to protect the innocent from harm does belong to the state.

If there hadn't been a baby involved, then I would have acknowledged the woman's right to die. But I don't believe she or the family had the right to condemn the baby.

The judge certainly didn't have the right to condemn the baby and the fact that he thinks he did should be extremely disturbing to the Left.

Upvote 0

Lovely Jar

Pray Out Loud
Jun 24, 2013
✟2,238.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This poor man - having to make such a decision tears your heart out. However the baby is not forming right in a dead body. I think letting the baby go on to be with the Lord and it's mother is the right thing to do, however heartbreaking as it is.
I agree with that as well. But this is Texas.

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
That is a terrible law in Texas, and I hope that the work the family has done to highlight it will force a change.

It's not really the law in Texas. It's one hospital's interpretation of (IIRC) a single line in a much larger section of the law, none of which really has anything much to do with this particular situation.

The baby never had any chance to be born alive, and I'm sure the hospital knew that all along.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
This poor man - having to make such a decision tears your heart out. However the baby is not forming right in a dead body. I think letting the baby go on to be with the Lord and it's mother is the right thing to do, however heartbreaking as it is.

The body is very much alive and the baby is still growing. The baby is very much alive too. Is this judge convicting the woman and her baby to death for a good reason? Were they party to a killing spree or something of that nature? Will an appeals court get a chance to stay the execution?

To say that some people don't matter and a public magistrate can decide it is time for them to die opens up precedent for the state to decide who doesn't matter and who should die.

cherubin1rose.jpg

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Did you read the OP? The woman is dead. The baby has disorders that will lead to its death. Keeping a body alive while the spirit has fled is barbaric.

The woman is alive. If she were dead the baby would be dead. If stopping the life support to let the woman die is the goal of the judge then fine. But killing the woman and the baby who has never even seen the light of day is wrong. Letting someone die a natural death and killing someone is sometimes a fine line.

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The woman is alive. If she were dead the baby would be dead. If stopping the life support to let the woman die is the goal of the judge then fine. But killing the woman and the baby who has never even seen the light of day is wrong. Letting someone die a natural death and killing someone is sometimes a fine line.

The woman died a natural death two months ago. Without machines, the baby would have died right along with her, naturally.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The body is very much alive and the baby is still growing.

The woman's body is only alive due to the life support system keeping it that way. The fetus was growing, however it was already malformed verging on nonviable and without brain function it would likely only get worse.

Is this judge convicting the woman and her baby to death for a good reason? Were they party to a killing spree or something of that nature? Will an appeals court get a chance to stay the execution?

There was no sentence imposed on anyone. The judge ruled that the next of kin, rather then the state, gets to make the medical decisions for the woman.

To say that some people don't matter and a public magistrate can decide it is time for them to die opens up precedent for the state to decide who doesn't matter and who should die.

The judge did not rule on if a person should die, they ruled that the state does not get to make medical decisions rather then the next of kin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
The woman died a natural death two months ago. Without machines, the baby would have died right along with her, naturally.

Careful with that line of logic. That's a pretty slippery slope.

My grandpa lived to a ripe old age thanks to a pacemaker. It was relatively new technology when he got his, and there were people who shook their head at this technology and thought it was evil.

I am reserving judgment on this case until I know for sure (ie, not from a lawyer's mouth) what the baby was suffering from. It was anything that wasn't fatal, then I will disagree with the judge's order.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Careful with that line of logic. That's a pretty slippery slope.

I would say it's just poorly argued and worded. The woman is not having flawed or damaged organs corrected by external means all of her vital functions are being controlled by machines because her brain is no longer functioning and never will again.

My grandpa lived to a ripe old age thanks to a pacemaker.

Unless she had zero brain function during that time it does not compare to this case. This woman is dead and has been for months.

Upvote 0

Lovely Jar

Pray Out Loud
Jun 24, 2013
✟2,238.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The baby was without oxygen after the mother suffered her malady long enough to have major birth defects now and in utero.

Rather than debate this as a matter of what would we who are healthy do, when its not us and we're speculating, I think we who are Christians here should consider that tomorrow is the day this woman and her baby are taken off life support.

Tomorrow!

What will you be doing when the plug is pulled on these two people?

I'll be praying then as I am now. :prayer:

Join me? :groupray:

Upvote 0