Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All joking aside, this is a very clear example of what happens in several instances:

1. This 30-year-old has not been disciplined correctly as a small child. Parents' fault.

2. He has been brought up to believe everyone owes him and again, parents' fault.

3. Refusal to abide by his parents' wishes shows complete disrespect to his parents. His parents allowed this to happen at a young age. He is simply continuing in this behavior.

4. By ignoring parents' wishes is the same as assuming one has entitlement over a home he does not own. This is the same liberal thinking of one's property belongs to another, and the whole redistribution of wealth; i.e. what is mine is yours. In this case, his parents' home. They paid for it; he did not.

5. Obviously he has not tried to get a job. Parents' fault. They should have made him work and earn his own way in life earlier.

6. He has no disabilities and is not unable to work. Parents' fault. The parents should have put their foot down and told him, "You live here, you work."

7. He does not contribute to the upkeep of the home and do chores or pay his way. Parents' fault.

8. He claims he did not have enough time to move out. He had 12 years to fix this, and parents did not make him fix it. Parents' and his fault.

9. Parents even offered him money to move out. They offered help. Now at this time, it is more of his fault; however the parents felt they needed to help him move out. Both are at fault.

10. There is an obvious issue here between what parents can do, and total entitlement. Had the parents raised him correctly and instilled values and decency within, they would not be in court today. Absolute parents' fault.

This stupid, irresponsible, lazy, entitled excuse for a man needs to get rid of all the hair, understand he needs to be on his own and get a job and support himself, and his parents need to step up. By going to court now when this lazy excuse of a man is 30 years old tells me the parents were quite lacking in self-discipline and good parental skills.

Why didn't they do it earlier? Coddling, feeling sorry, and protectiveness has gone too far.

1 lousy dad + 1 lousy mother = exactly this. Entitled kid.

There is something seriously wrong when parents fail to help their kids be responsible and make it on their own and there's a 30-year-old doing this, and then the parents have to go to court.

Shame on all three of them.

All good things

Emmy

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1 lousy dad + 1 lousy mother = exactly this. Entitled kid.
That is assuming that he is an otherwise healthy individual. Those generalizations aren't as reliable when there are mental illnesses present. And not all of them are obvious.

Upvote 0

EmmaCat

Happy Homemaker!
Site Supporter
May 5, 2016
Rural Western NC
✟327,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is assuming that he is an otherwise healthy individual. Those generalizations aren't as reliable when there are mental illnesses present. And not all of them are obvious.

Well then show me where he isn't healthy and tell me where a mental illness is involved. Let me see his medical records. Did you see the footage of him in court? Tell me exactly where the parents raised an issue of mental illness. I saw the whole thing. Show me where they brought doctors in to testify about his mental or otherwise illness.

He didn't claim to be ill, he claimed his parents did not give him enough time to leave the home and that was all. That was his argument.

If he has an illness, it's called "lazy." Go watch the whole thing. He looked pretty healthy to me and nothing was said about any so-called "illness."

Not buying into that, sorry. He'll be thrown out by the police eventually. We shall see.

All good things
Emmy

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Well then show me where he isn't healthy and tell me where a mental illness is involved. Let me see his medical records. Did you see the footage of him in court? Tell me exactly where the parents raised an issue of mental illness. I saw the whole thing. Show me where they brought doctors in to testify about his mental or otherwise illness.

He didn't claim to be ill, he claimed his parents did not give him enough time to leave the home and that was all. That was his argument.

If he has an illness, it's called "lazy." Go watch the whole thing. He looked pretty healthy to me and nothing was said about any so-called "illness."

Not buying into that, sorry. He'll be thrown out by the police eventually. We shall see.

All good things
Emmy

You can't both make unproven claims about the man's upbringing from childhood to now to support your point about how lousy they are as parents, and then turn around and demand evidence for someone else's claims about his mental state. Your guess is as good as @Sabertooth.

All that can be concluded, is that despite the notices, the man ignored it, and he has to face the verdict as a result.

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

EmmaCat

Happy Homemaker!
Site Supporter
May 5, 2016
Rural Western NC
✟327,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You can't both make unproven claims about the man's upbringing from childhood to now to support your point about how lousy they are as parents, and then turn around and demand evidence for someone else's claims about his mental state. Your guess is as good as @Sabertooth.

All that can be concluded, is that despite the notices, the man ignored it, and he has to face the verdict as a result.

And he is still living there. That's the problem. And he made no effort to move before or get a job. In fact, he listed himself as a "poor person." The parents waited THIS LONG to finally fuss.

Ridiculous. He should have been out on his own for at least eight years now.

All good things
Emmy

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In America (but not necessarily in the court of American public opinion ;)), the parents are considered innocent until proven guilty. That would put the onus on you to prove their guilt (not on me to prove their innocence).
Even if he is mentally ill, I'm not making a case for him to stay at his parents' home uninvited.

I have a 30yo son with a mental age of 6-10yo. He could not/would not cooperate with our household rules. He lives in a supervised apartment. His 23yo sister (m.a. = 18mos./non-verbal) does cooperate. She lives with us and I'm her guardian. (We had the opportunity to send her to a group home, but decided against it.)

And the consequential threats of hunger or homelessness would not make them suddenly responsible.
m-ponder_orig.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
No the parents gave him as a gift to help move out.
Oh ok, I figured that was the case but kinda wondered if the court offered him some money or welfare to get out.
I find it very sad when parents have to go to court against their own kids, But they are reaping what they sow, by raising him this way.

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟842,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My brother and I still live at home at 37 and 39 yrs old.Than again I
have learning disabilities,and my brother has problems of his own.
That's quite a different situation. I'm sure you and your brother do the best you can. I can't think of anybody who has a complaint against a person with a genuine disability. I am also disabled. I'm simply blessed to have a husband who is able to support me, because otherwise I would be dependent on the government. The system can certainly be abused by people who could do better if they wanted to, but then there are those who genuinely need the help.

And for those of us who cannot work at a job, there are other ways to contribute. I do what I can around the house. Fortunately, my husband knows I'm doing my best.

The case under discussion here appears to be a man who sits on his hind end expecting a free ride while contributing nothing to the household, not even so much as to do chores. I don't see a disability in this situation, since obviously he feels competent enough to act as his own attorney. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

He can appeal the decision, as he says he wants to. But if he has time and energy to do that, then why can't he put that time and energy into getting a job and being out on his own?

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
if he has time and energy to do that, then why can't he put that time and energy into getting a job and being out on his own?

This is what is surprising sometimes - the time and effort people sometimes put into avoiding doing what they should be doing. Which would often take no more time and effort and ultimately would be much more fulfilling and beneficial to the person and others around them.

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟842,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is what is surprising sometimes - the time and effort people sometimes put into avoiding doing what they should be doing. Which would often take no more time and effort and ultimately would be much more fulfilling and beneficial to the person and others around them.
I once heard the expression, "Lazy people work the hardest." Ever drop something while you're sitting down, and it rolls away from you? People are funny. They can spend a lot of time and effort trying to twist and stre-e-e-etch to reach that thing they dropped, rather than stand up and go get it which would in the end take up a lot less time and trouble.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That's quite a different situation. I'm sure you and your brother do the best you can. I can't think of anybody who has a complaint against a person with a genuine disability. I am also disabled. I'm simply blessed to have a husband who is able to support me, because otherwise I would be dependent on the government. The system can certainly be abused by people who could do better if they wanted to, but then there are those who genuinely need the help.

And for those of us who cannot work at a job, there are other ways to contribute. I do what I can around the house. Fortunately, my husband knows I'm doing my best.

The case under discussion here appears to be a man who sits on his hind end expecting a free ride while contributing nothing to the household, not even so much as to do chores. I don't see a disability in this situation, since obviously he feels competent enough to act as his own attorney. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

He can appeal the decision, as he says he wants to. But if he has time and energy to do that, then why can't he put that time and energy into getting a job and being out on his own?

Thanks so much for your encouragement.

Upvote 0