Jude says certain angels committed fornication...

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When Adam began to multiply the sons of God saw the daughters of Adam??

"To as many as received Him - to them He gave the right to be called the sons of God" John 1:12

Yes, the Word of God says Adam "multiplied" daughters born, "ben Elohym took/married/laqach bath Adam" -"daughters of Adam" and went in to them/fornicated with them, and got offspring by them.
Genesis 5:2 plainly states that the name of our human being race is "Adam".
Genesis 5:2 "Male and female made He them, and called their name Adam".
The holy Watchers who sinned got offspring by their Adam wives by gene splitting, states Enoch.

Upvote 0

JES1023

Supporter
Apr 21, 2017
Monticello MN
✟42,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Take a look at how most Bibles translate Jude 1:7. After speaking of the angels who sinned in verse 6, Jude connects and transitions to the sin of the Sodomites. The words Jude uses in his connection and transition are four in the Greek, "ton homoion tropon toutois". In my ESV, these four words are rendered as "likewise", as in the Sodomites were just as the angels who sinned. But "likewise" downplays what Jude says. What Jude says is better translated as "in the same way as these", as in "the same way as these angels the Sodomites indulged in sexual immorality".

The NASB has it right as they actually translate each Greek word, "in the same way as these".

No NASB fan overall; but do agree with your above statement. As IMO Peter also does in the following:
4) For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
5) And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
II Peter 2:4-5

With these two verse connected to gather we see that the angels did sleep with the daughters of man (with support from Jude 6) during the time of Noah, which if I understand right started during the days of Jared. For after making the commends about the sinful angels and Noah, then Peter continues and mention the judgment upon Sodom and Gomorrah, II Peter 2:6.

I even wonder if this is why Paul gives a warning to godly women: For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
I Corinthians 11:10

I have read of some who believe this; but not sure where I stand with this verse from Paul.

Upvote 0