✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Messianic "Judaism".

But, as more like a bridge, it would seem to have both Jewish and Christian elements at the extremities.

* But altogether different at the heart..

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Now, how about we quit the fighting and try answering the question?

I would check your local synagogues, Jewish centers, Chabad and colleges for courses on Judaism. There is a lot of stuff online too.
I highly recommend Jewish Literacy by JosephTelushkin, and any other books he has written. Dennis Prager has written several books on Judaism and on the Torah. I haven't read it but have heard The Complete Idiots Guide to Judaism by Benjamin Blech is good. There are a couple of online forums available for learning and asking questions, one being Jewish Forums. Judaism does not encourage conversion as one does not have to be Jewish to be acceptable to G-d, and we want to make sure people are committed and know what they are getting into. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. Good luck on your search!

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It's not accepted as Judaism by any branch of Judaism. It's Christianity in Jewish drag.

Okay, we'll say it's not an ism...yes we'll cut out all of the isms, but it is definitely Jewish.

So, how about "Messianic Jew Living"?

Good?

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Okay, we'll say it's not an ism...yes we'll cut out all of the isms, but it is definitely Jewish.

So, how about "Messianic Jew Living"?

Good?
It's not Jewish, it holds beliefs the opposite of Judaism. It is made up mostly of Gentiles, not Jews. They should just call it Messianicism or something and leave the Judaism out of it. It's like naming something Islamic Christianity or Atheistic Christianity. It doesn't make sense.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It's not Jewish, it holds beliefs the opposite of Judaism. It is made up mostly of Gentiles, not Jews. They should just call it Messianicism or something and leave the Judaism out of it. It's like naming something Islamic Christianity or Atheistic Christianity. It doesn't make sense.

Well, His Word to me says different so I will go by what He calls me over what man made religion does.

I don't like politics very much.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It's funny how people buy into the labels given them by men who hated them.
Labels that were said with malice and slander.

I am more than what anybody says about me.

* Actually it's not funny...it's sickening...

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Well, His Word to me says different so I will go by what He calls me over what man made religion does.

I don't like politics very much.

Ephesians 2:11-16
"So then, remember that at one time you were Gentiles in the flesh--called "the uncircumcised" by those called "the circumcised," which is done in the flesh by human hands. At that time you were without the Messiah, excluded from the citizenship of Israel, and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus, you who were far away have been brought near by the blood of the Messiah. For He is our peace, who made both groups one and tore down the dividing wall of hostility. In His flesh, He rendered the Law inoperative, along with its commandments and regulations, thus creating in himself one new humanity from the two, thereby making peace, He did this so that He might reconcile both to God in one body through the cross and put the hostility to death by it."

@RoseCrystal

That passage above is speaking about the politics of man that keeps people divided into man-made categories.

And the reason they do this is to divide and conquer. Please do not buy into this world's economy of unbelief.

Enter the household of faith by simply believing that all those divisions are done away in Him.

There is no wall of separation between us.

Shalom.

*This is Wholeness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I love a Jewish woman very much. But the marriage between Jewish and Messianic is nearly impossible. I am so crazy. :sigh:

There is a difference between living the truth and preaching it. Most Christians would try to change her. But that’s God’s domain. :)

Yours in His Service,

~bella

• Friendly
Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
The Christian interpretation of Judaism is a bit silly, because they project so much:
Judaism doesn't have a concept of hell, or Satan as an enemy of God, or the necessity for people to be absolutely flawless (while simultaneously asserting that being flawless is impossible) - just to mention a few profound differences.

So when Christians start posts with "as a Jew, you have to keep ALL the laws and NEVER FAIL EVEN ONCE or else be DOOMED TO ETERNAL DAMNATION", you know they've never so much as talked to a pious Jew.

Judaism is not a religion you typically convert to. Like many others in the near east (Zoroastrianism, Mandeans, Yezidi, etc.), it's closely linked to ethnicity: this is why being Jewish is both a question of religion AND a question of family trees.
That said, unlike with the other examples mentioned, it IS possible to convert to Judaism. It's just not a proselytizing religion.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
You know they've never so much as talked to a pious Jew.

Hey Jane! Great to see you again. I hope you're well. :)

Exactly. There's no trinity or original sin either. I don't know how anyone believes they're one in the same.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,007.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Kehillat Beijing (Beijing Jewish SynAgogue)
upload_2020-12-3_9-33-28.png

I am a member of them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums