United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello Apologist,
I would have to question this Hank guy right off the bat. Why would he publicly put a brother down?? How can we make a good judgment, if we are only willing to hear one side, and not the other?? The Hal Lindsey that I have watched very closely is a fine brother in Christ, teacher and author. It sounds like Hal may have exposed this guy for who he is, and this may be some kind of retaliation. It is best not to get involved, but if you must, I would advise you to at least listen to both sides. I also like to get news from Hal. He hosts a show called "The International Intelligence Briefing". That is my favorite show. His web site can be found at :http://hallindseyoracle.com

As for this Hank guy, I have never even heard of him, so I will hold my tongue.

Upvote 0

Apologist

2 Tim. 2:24-26
Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by rollinTHUNDER
Hello Apologist,
I would have to question this Hank guy right off the bat. Why would he publicly put a brother down??

As for this Hank guy, I have never even heard of him, so I will hold my tongue.

Hank Hanegraaff never "put down" Hal Lindsey, he only expressed concern over things he teaches. Hank and CRI exist to inform Christians of cults, false teachings, and other biblical subjects the body of Christ has questions on.

God Bless

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
We still should be careful. When you hear something like that, it is only his opinion. Who made him judge over the teachings of God? I believe God gives some people more insight than others, in fact I am sure of it. Just because some people can't understand something, doesn't mean that it isn't so. I can only imagine what some people are saying about me now. I'm throwing out some very controversial stuff here. I wouldn't even try to deny that, but some will never be able to understand. And yet, some pick up on it right away. The only thing I can get out of it is treasure in heaven. I'm not gonna get money for this stuff, and it would be a big waste of time to just make up some story. I am not afraid of the persecution that will come from this, it strengthens me. I never even asked for this job. Who says God can't use me in a way of His choosing? My gift doesn't have to be like yours, or yours like mine. There are many body parts, and we all have different functions, but He gets all the glory.

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by Laverne3
RT and Apologist, I've been listeningto Hal Lindsey and Jack Van Impe since 1979 and have found no guile in either. JVI is one who told about Juan Carlos. Hal is on now so wiil go :)Smile

I'm with you there Laverne,
I would hate it if they told me I couldn't watch them anymore. The news they bring, you won't ever get from your local liberal news channel. Thankyou Jesus for these two servants. They have taught me much, and have shed light on what the world would have us not see. Sound the alarm, I'm listening. Time is very short.

Upvote 0

Apologist

Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian

I'm with you there Laverne,
I would hate it if they told me I couldn't watch them anymore. The news they bring, you won't ever get from your local liberal news channel. Thankyou Jesus for these two servants. They have taught me much, and have shed light on what the world would have us not see. Sound the alarm, I'm listening. Time is very short.

I would be very cautious of Jack Van Impe also brother.
He has proven himself a false prophet in the past already.
Are you aware that he prophesied that the Russian flag would fly over Independence Hall by 1979 I believe. Do some research and you will see. I am not trying to cause division brother, I am only warning Christians as to dangerous teachers and teachings.

God Bless

Upvote 0

BK_30

secret agent:licensed to witness
well I have read the bible code, some one donated the book to our church library and it was my job to proof read all books before they were admitted for circulation. I was so confused by it I had to ask the pastor to read it and decide wether or not it be put on the shelfs. They do not play fast and loose with text or use it out of context, which was part of the problem I had. In the end we did decide to leave off the shelf, but I found it a very disturbing experiance to say the least. They do use scientific equations (that's numbers/math for folks like me :) )and alot of what was said in the book is true and did happen after the book was written. However when testing any prohet or prophacy that I come across all I can do is what the bible says and that is wait...if it is of the LORD it will come to pass, if it doesn't then it wasn't from him.

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
God gave us all the prophets we need, their words can be found in the bible. The thing that gets me, is there is so many people claiming that someone is a false prophet. Hal never claimed to be a prophet. He was only trying to figure out what the old prophets were saying. Yeah - there are false prophets out there, but not everyone that talks about the end times is a false prophet.

If I read a chapter in Isaiah, and say what I think it means, then I would be considered a false prophet. Gee - there sure are a lot of fools running around in this world. Hey - I got an idea, maybe we should all stumble around with with blind folders on. Then we will never know what hit us. Maybe it is better not to know. But, better for who, or what?? Come on - you must be kidding me. Hey- watch out for that tree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Hey Apologist, I went to my Yahoo search. typed Hank Hanegraaff in and clicked search . A number of web sites turn up. I checked the one about the Walter Martin Family ( his predocessor at CRI) denouncing Hank and his position. You check and see what you think. It just shows you can't always go by what someone else says, me or anyone else. We have to look it up in the Bible ourselves. Hope this helped.

Upvote 0

Apologist

Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Laverne3
Hey Apologist, I went to my Yahoo search. typed Hank Hanegraaff in and clicked search . A number of web sites turn up. I checked the one about the Walter Martin Family ( his predocessor at CRI) denouncing Hank and his position. You check and see what you think. It just shows you can't always go by what someone else says, me or anyone else. We have to look it up in the Bible ourselves. Hope this helped.

That is an old story Laverne and it is untrue. I heard that Walter Martin's widow even recommended Hank for the position as president of CRI. There are a lot of web sites with negative things about Hank Hanegraaff because of people who have been exposed by him and CRI. I think the Counterfeit Revival folks are probably behind a lot of that. While you are at it why not do a search on "False prophecies of Jack Van Impe" and see what you find there. I recommend you use the best search engine out there: Google.com

God Bless

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't know about Google.com, or how much credability they have, but I've never even seen Jack Van Impe prophesy, and I've been watching him for years. This is what he is known for. He takes news paper clippings and then applies them to what the bible says. Yeah- I've seen some wild things come out of some of those clippings, but I wouldn't start calling him a false prophet. I've watched him over a hundred times, and I have not seen him even try to prophesy once. I wouldn't be so quick to judge. It could cause division, and that's not good, especially if the accusation is false. BUT - It is not my job to defend him, and I can't say that I've seen every one of his shows. Nevertheless - it is dangerous for you or anyone to play judge, and I would use extreme caution here brother.

Upvote 0

Apologist

Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
I don't know about Google.com, or how much credability they have, but I've never even seen Jack Van Impe prophesy, and I've been watching him for years.

Just to clear this up: Google.com is a search engine not a web site.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge. It could cause division, and that's not good, especially if the accusation is false. BUT - It is not my job to defend him, and I can't say that I've seen every one of his shows. Nevertheless - it is dangerous for you or anyone to play judge, and I would use extreme caution here brother.

Well, for one it is not wrong to judge if you use "righteous judgement" as Jesus said. When Jesus said to "Judge not lest you be judged" he was referring to hypocritically judging someone. Secondly: I am not judging Jack Van Impe, the man, or any other teacher out there. If I show you they made false prophecies that never came to pass then it wouldn't be wrong to say they are a false prophet, wouldn't you agree? But even calling them a false prophet is in no way making a judgement on their eternal destiny as that is the providence of the Holy Spirit alone. I am not trying to start any division or anything like that here, I am mearly letting you know to keep an eye on teachers like this on the television.

God Bless

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
OOH, yeah, With a name like Impe and his wife;s name is Rexella!
What do you think you're going to get from them. Only kidding, but you gotta question names like that. :D
And the reason Hank questions these people is because thay are always prophesying things that never happen.

Originally posted by Apologist

I would be very cautious of Jack Van Impe also brother.
He has proven himself a false prophet in the past already.
Are you aware that he prophesied that the Russian flag would fly over Independence Hall by 1979 I believe. Do some research and you will see. I am not trying to cause division brother, I am only warning Christians as to dangerous teachers and teachings.

God Bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Debbie

Dec 11, 2001
Visit site
✟1,142.00
A prophet is a person who claims to have the "gift of prophecy". Someone who is interested in end time prophecy is not a prophet. Jeremiah 23 explains some problems with false prophets,"they commit adultery, they make you vain, they speak a vision of their own heart, and not out of the mouth of the Lord."
"They say ye shall have peace & no evil shall come upon
you" "In the latter days ye shall consider it perfectly" They do not cause their congregation to turn from their evil ways. "I have heard what the prophets said, that prophecy lies in my name, saying, I have dreamed, I have dreamed" "Behold I am against the prophets, saith the LOrd, that use their tongues and say, He saith.""they shall not profit this people at all".
Therefore, with this & other scripture, a prophet is one who says, "God said..." "He told me to tell you..." "Thus saith the LOrd..." "I have a word for you..." . etc. In the latter days they will prophecy peace & prosperity. They make no attempt to discuss known sin, which is the main purpose of a prophet.
REad Jeremiah, the weeping prophet's book, watch Christian TV, then tell me who the false prophets are.

Upvote 0
I am in agreement with RT and Debbie. I will check out the google as you requested Apologist and let you know. I am a post 7th trump tribber, if that's what we are called,but I think Jack Van Impe( who backs up all he says with scripture) and Hal Lindsey are on the level. I have listened to them since 1979, thats 23 yrs. That is long enough to make a call on their fruits.:) Smile

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
To Apologist,
If you could show that the man is teaching falsely, then yes, I would be inclined to agree with you, BUT, you failed to show any evedence, and therefore, I would have to say that it is hearsay, and can also be classified as gossip. How can this be judging righteously?

Upvote 0
test all things by the scriptures. Mr Van Impe did say that the Russian flag would fly over Independence Hall by 1979. He was wrong. A true Phophet isnt wrong. Rexella (Jack's Wife) is the daughter of Rex Humbard, a preacher from the 50's who was on telelvidion I believe. Anyone know for sure? One thing about Jack Van Impe is soemthing he said concerning pets in heaven, That if they would make us happy God would have them there for us. he was talking about pets that people have had here on earth. That isnt scriptural is it, nice thought tho.

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by solo66 man
OOH, yeah, With a name like Impe and his wife;s name is Rexella!
What do you think you're going to get from them. Only kidding, but you gotta question names like that. :D
And the reason Hank questions these people is because thay are always prophesying things that never happen.

To solo666 man,
Hey solo - why would you want to jump in here on the losing side? lol, just kiddin'.

But seriously though, What I think the real problem here is, that most christians don't know much about prophecy, and then many others are afraid of it. It would appear possible, that this Hank guy has all good intentions, but he may be one who likes to stay away from the subject. I have heard people say that our President Bush is a christian, but hasn't been taught anything about the prophecies in the bible. This could very well be true. They also said that Bush was raised a Methodist, and the guy that said that was also a methodist, and said that he has never heard any end times teaching in his church, or heard of any other that taught it either. As I watch Bush, this really makes me wonder. But - God is in control, and nothing will get by Him.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.