Mar 30, 2005
Royal city, washington
✟5,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ben johnson said:
Perhaps; but verse 9 says to me that "anyone who BELIEVES, who enters through Me, BECOMES My sheep". This places "belief" as fully volitional, doesn't it?
Agree. Jn10:9 is yet another verse where "all/anyone" (in this case, "tis") --- must be redefined to mean "only SOME of all TYPES".

acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of eternal life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

this verse shows that unbelievers take an active part in denying God.

2 tim 2:10 Therefore I endureall things for the elect's sake, that they may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

obtain ...means to grab it/ throwing a fat pitch so he can hit it

showing God does offer salvation more than once ..over and over again till the one he chosen believes...showing soverngity

2 thes 2:13-17 God choosing us..

2 cor 4:3-6 reasons why God needs to do work of salvation.
John 16:7-11,Matt 12:29

Romans 1:16 it is the power of God unto salvation

Simplicity is direct --- if anyone enters through Me, he shall be saved --- and shall go in and out and find pasture. "Become My sheep" is the only logical meaning.

Further, Calvinsts are asserting that Jesus is saying: "You don't believe in Me because you're not pre-chosen-sheep" --- and instead Jesus is only saying, "You don't believe that I'm the Messiah, because you're not My sheep".

If "my sheep" is anyone who BELIEVES (and no other inference can be made), then there is not one speck of "predestination" here...

eph 1:4 According as He[Father] hath chosen us in Him[Christ] before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love..[eph5:26-27]

Hebrews 6:17 wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability[unchanging] of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath. 18 That by two immutable things[john 10:27-29] in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong comfort, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us.

act 4:26-31 is a good example of his council was determined even though kings,jews and gentiles were against it happened as his will determined

Upvote 0

A Brother In Christ

Senior Veteran
Mar 30, 2005
Royal city, washington
✟5,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ben johnson said:
Perhaps; but verse 9 says to me that "anyone who BELIEVES, who enters through Me, BECOMES My sheep". This places "belief" as fully volitional, doesn't it?
Agree. Jn10:9 is yet another verse where "all/anyone" (in this case, "tis") --- must be redefined to mean "only SOME of all TYPES".

Simplicity is direct --- if anyone enters through Me, he shall be saved --- and shall go in and out and find pasture. "Become My sheep" is the only logical meaning.

Further, Calvinsts are asserting that Jesus is saying: "You don't believe in Me because you're not pre-chosen-sheep" --- and instead Jesus is only saying, "You don't believe that I'm the Messiah, because you're not My sheep".

If "my sheep" is anyone who BELIEVES (and no other inference can be made), then there is not one speck of "predestination" here...

2 cor 4:3 But since our gospel he hid, it is hid to them that are lost 4 In whom the god of this age hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God should shine unto them.

6 For God, who commanded[present tense] the light to shine out of darkness hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

now if the Holy spirit does not his work of restraining 2 thes 2:1-12, Matt 12:29 and reproving john 16:7-11 as one see in 2 cor 4:6 God commands thee light show the trinity ..all three persons of the godhead have parts of this work..Father choosing who the H.S picks and Christ do the work of taking on Sin so we could be saved....

eph 1:4 chosen before the world

this is not foreseen but forknowledge... a personal intimate knowledge of a person... seed of the spirit in them date of hatching in the book so the H.S. nows what day that belief happens on...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.