Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Here is a ball for you to dodge. Defend the liberal position on the murder of the unborn. Biblical links to your defense would be great but I will not hold my breath. If you even respond your tap dance around this will be amusing.
No one is “murdering” the unborn, but that is a debate that doesn’t fit into this thread. You do realize that the Roe decision was written by a Republican justice, and approved by every Republican justice then on the court save one. I presume that you also are aware that the GOP was pro-choice until the 1980 election.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yep, I believe I said they would be judged individually and motive is part of that judgment.

Yet you seem to infer that once individuals choose to act together as a group to perform an action that either fulfills the command or subverts the command, Jesus omits their involvement in the collective action (or inaction) from consideration.

Why is that?

Especially considering how much more powerful and efficacious an action taken by a group over the same action taken by an individual can be.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟107,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No one is “murdering” the unborn,
Not true. Abortion is the murder of the unborn and in some vial cases it is used to justify murder after birth. At least 60 million so far. I read one stat that said the black population in the US would be double right now were it not for legalized murder Of the unborn.
but that is a debate that doesn’t fit into this thread.
That is your opinion but I say it is relevant. Go back and read the opening op on this thread. It leaves the discussion wide open as to why churches did or did not support Biden.?
You do realize that the Roe decision was written by a Republican justice, and approved by every Republican justice then on the court save one.
So how is that relevant today? All Republicans are not conservatives just as all Democrats are not liberals. Just look at Roberts who has recently been siding with the left.
I presume that you also are aware that the GOP was pro-choice until the 1980 election.
How is that relevant to where one stands today? That fact does not change the murder of the unborn into a righteous cause. Why is it some on this thread which is a representation of the population at large, support either directly or indirectly the murder of the unborn? A large block of Biden voters considered abortion a primary reason they voted for Biden just as the opposite was true for Trump. That fact makes it relevant to this thread. You claim no one is murdering the unborn. Just by using the terms “abortion “ “a woman’s right to choose” “ A woman should control her own body “ or any other phrases or terms used to mask the reality of what actually happens in this process does not alter the fact a life is taken. You as have others attempted to soft peddle this issue by pointing out republicans who have supported it. Some say it is not relevant to them because Republicans have not yet overturned it. The church has not yet brought the message of salvation to every human being does that mean we should give up or condemn those before us did not complete the mission? In the original op post #1 the poster said “I am shocked that there were churches that were for Biden”. I agree 100%. The maneuvers around and excuses for the support of the murder of babies by professing Christians is mind boggling to me. I still challenge anyone to make a biblical case that allows Christians either actively or passively support this evil. So far all the pontificating has been a foolish attempt to justify or just a diversion by praising the liberal give away promises to feed the hungry as such a righteous cause we can just overlook this crime against God and humanity.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You as have others attempted to soft peddle this issue by pointing out republicans who have supported it.
I haven’t been one of those, But now that you’ve pointed out the black population would be double, I can understand why Republicans WOULD support it.
Some say it is not relevant to them because Republicans have not yet overturned it.
Sigh.
I don’t think you’ve been paying attention.
It’s the fact that Republican politicians LIE about their opposition to it, in order to make money and stay in power.

Yet that doesn’t seem to bother you one bit. You may not have known this before, your ignorance may have been innocent, duped like so many by the Republican sleight of hand, but Any continued ignorance on your part now is willful, complicit and shameful.

Republicans know that portraying an anti-abortion stance (even when they have no such stance in any measurable way) is the only thing that will keep working class and poor conservatives voting for them because A grand total of zero of there other policies benefit the poor and working-class at all. Republican politicians know without legal abortion there is no way they would ever garner enough Votes from the populace to stay in power, which is why they don’t dare lift a finger to end it.

I still challenge anyone to make a biblical case that allows Christians either actively or passively support this evil. So far all the pontificating has been a foolish attempt to justify or just a diversion by praising the liberal give away promises to feed the hungry as such a righteous cause we can just overlook this crime against God and humanity.

What you call a liberal giveaway, Jesus calls a salvific necessity.
If I have to choose which of these polar opposite viewpoints is true and correct, my money is on the son of God being right, and you being wrong.

And the only thing being overlooked, now willfully by you, is the Republican lies and deceit about a FAKE opposition to the killing of the unborn, for financial profit and power.

That you now, demonstrably, don’t care, that you even go out of your way to justify the lies so as to justify your support of these evil liars, only uncovers your naked complicity in the continued carnage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Not true. Abortion is the murder of the unborn and in some vial cases it is used to justify murder after birth. At least 60 million so far. I read one stat that said the black population in the US would be double right now were it not for legalized murder Of the unborn.

That is your opinion but I say it is relevant. Go back and read the opening op on this thread. It leaves the discussion wide open as to why churches did or did not support Biden.?

So how is that relevant today? All Republicans are not conservatives just as all Democrats are not liberals. Just look at Roberts who has recently been siding with the left.
How is that relevant to where one stands today? That fact does not change the murder of the unborn into a righteous cause. Why is it some on this thread which is a representation of the population at large, support either directly or indirectly the murder of the unborn? A large block of Biden voters considered abortion a primary reason they voted for Biden just as the opposite was true for Trump. That fact makes it relevant to this thread. You claim no one is murdering the unborn. Just by using the terms “abortion “ “a woman’s right to choose” “ A woman should control her own body “ or any other phrases or terms used to mask the reality of what actually happens in this process does not alter the fact a life is taken. You as have others attempted to soft peddle this issue by pointing out republicans who have supported it. Some say it is not relevant to them because Republicans have not yet overturned it. The church has not yet brought the message of salvation to every human being does that mean we should give up or condemn those before us did not complete the mission? In the original op post #1 the poster said “I am shocked that there were churches that were for Biden”. I agree 100%. The maneuvers around and excuses for the support of the murder of babies by professing Christians is mind boggling to me. I still challenge anyone to make a biblical case that allows Christians either actively or passively support this evil. So far all the pontificating has been a foolish attempt to justify or just a diversion by praising the liberal give away promises to feed the hungry as such a righteous cause we can just overlook this crime against God and humanity.
No, murder is a legal term that means the illegal killing of a human being with malice aforethought. Abortion does not meet any he definition.

Parousia70 has provided a wonderful reply to your post that I won’t repeat. Republicans have held a majority on the high court for 49 of the last 50 years, but abortion remains legal. For several of those years Republicans also held the House, Senate and White House, but abortion remains legal.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟107,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Parousia70 has provided a wonderful reply to your post that I won’t repeat.
. Yes Parousia70 is “wonderful “ at replying with well written posts that usually fall short in scriptural significance.Example: casting liberals as saints because of social programs while casting conservatives as evil selfish capitalists. Showing no discernment when open venomous hate is expressed by MANY liberals in high positions all while painting the conservative groups who support Biblical principles, the rule of law and the US Constitution as the evil ones. I believe there is something in our Bible about calling evil good and good evil. Parousia70 is very well written and obviously well educated but I wouldn’t recommend him as a Spiritual advisor.

• Friendly
Reactions: parousia70
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
. Yes Parousia70 is “wonderful “ at replying with well written posts that usually fall short in scriptural significance.Example: casting liberals as saints because of social programs while casting conservatives as evil selfish capitalists. Showing no discernment when open venomous hate is expressed by MANY liberals in high positions all while painting the conservative groups who support Biblical principles, the rule of law and the US Constitution as the evil ones. I believe there is something in our Bible about calling evil good and good evil. Parousia70 is very well written and obviously well educated but I wouldn’t recommend him as a Spiritual advisor.

I don't recall him saying that liberals are "saints." Want to show me those words?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
. Showing no discernment when open venomous hate is expressed by MANY liberals in high positions

If you would provide One or two examples of this I'd be happy provide my discernment of them.

all while painting the conservative groups who support Biblical principles,
*except of course those Biblical Principles found in Matthew 25, those principles are apparently exempt from requiring "Support" from Conservative "Groups"... (Remember just a few posts back how you argued AGAINST Groups being responsible for supporting Biblical values?)

the rule of law and the US Constitution

Both of Which guarantee the Constitutional right to Privacy and Bodily Autonomy, so I'm not sure how you can paint the folks WHO SUPPORT THAT RULE OF LAW and THAT Constitution as simultaneously "unsupportive" of them?

It's perfectly fine by me if you don't agree with the U.S. Constitution and rule of Law on this, and are therefore seeking to amend and change them, but it's absolutely disingenuous to claim those who SUPPORT the Constitutionally guaranteed right to privacy and autonomy as "unsupportive" of the Constitution and Rule of Law.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟107,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't recall him saying that liberals are "saints." Want to show me those words?
. Try the one below. Do I need to take you through the Bible and prove the saved are referred to as saints?
What you call a liberal giveaway, Jesus calls a salvific necessity.
. I actually said he “cast “ them as saints or in others words portrayed or implied they were saints. He has outright called conservatives evil I guess that is tit for tat since I have called many liberals evil.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟107,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you would provide One or two examples of this I'd be happy provide my discernment of them.
Every time Pelosi or Joe Scarborough open their mouths. Take your pick.

• Haha
Reactions: parousia70
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟107,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
*except of course those Biblical Principles found in Matthew 25, those principles are apparently exempt from requiring "Support" from Conservative "Groups"... (Remember just a few posts back how you argued AGAINST Groups being responsible for supporting Biblical values?)
. More twisting and diversion. I was not arguing against “Groups being responsible for supporting Biblical values”, I was arguing against herd salvation and pointing out from Matthew 6 that impure motives nullified any reward for said good deeds. I said individuals would be judged on these things.You imply that since Roe has not YET been overturned, supporting conservatives because of the abortion issue is as bad or worse than supporting those that definitely are honest about their support for mudering babies. On a personal note to help you understand my focus on abortion. Because of pregnancy complications my wife and I fought for the life of my daughter through doctors and prayer and my daughter had to do the same for two of her children. I know for a fact a child in the womb is a human being created by God and any argument to the contrary gets no respect from me. I stood by my new born daughter as her heart stopped and she turned blue before my eyes. I was rushed out of the room and she was revived. You see I take the lives of the unborn and newly born very seriously. Show me the liberal politicians I can support on this issue. I will be waiting for your list. No every Republican does not have perfectly pure motives but some do. I have to believe Roe can be overturned and I am confident supporting liberals rules out any possibility of that. So for me your well worded arguments on this topic ring hollow.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I have to believe Roe can be overturned and I am confident supporting liberals rules out any possibility of that.

There are more issues than that, which is why I support democrats.

I voted for a Republican president in 2016 and got burned by said president thinking he would be good for the country. I was wrong and won't be doing that again.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟107,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Both of Which guarantee the Constitutional right to Privacy and Bodily Autonomy, so I'm not sure how you can paint the folks WHO SUPPORT THAT RULE OF LAW and THAT Constitution as simultaneously "unsupportive" of them?
Sounds like a ringing endorsement for the right to murder babies to me. A well worded but camouflaged support of murder. You should be ashamed of yourself. Quote me some more scripture on this. Can you fit this into Matthew 25?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟107,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's perfectly fine by me if you don't agree with the U.S. Constitution and rule of Law on this, and are therefore seeking to amend and change them, but it's absolutely disingenuous to claim those who SUPPORT the Constitutionally guaranteed right to privacy and autonomy as "unsupportive" of the Constitution and Rule of Law.
More twisting and diversion. Do you really believe liberals spend their spare time figuring out new ways to uphold the constitution?????? If that is the case you are diluted beyond hope. Go ahead turn this around with a well worded rant and make conservatives the enemies of the constitution. I expect no less from you.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟107,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I voted for a Republican president in 2016 and got burned by said president thinking he would be good for the country. I was wrong and won't be doing that again.
You made the right choice in 2016. Show me a list of how you got burned and I’ll tell you who you have been listening to the last 4 years. No I am not a prophet

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
You made the right choice in 2016. Show me a list of how you got burned and I’ll tell you who you have been listening to the last 4 years. No o am not a prophet

It is my opinion that I got burned, just as it is yours that I made the right choice then. Neither is right or wrong, it is just how we feel.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.