• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Jews 4 Jesus criticize Vatican

Discussion in 'Messianic Judaism' started by Yeshua HaDerekh, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Yeshua HaDerekh

Yeshua HaDerekh Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it

+2,801
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+12,616
    United States
    Married

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  3. visionary

visionary Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I. Supporter

+7,509
    Messianic
    Pandering isn't something a believer should want.

4. BeStill&Know

BeStill&Know Well-Known Member Supporter

+550
    Christian
    Private
  5. AndyLondon

AndyLondon New Member

+3
    Baptist
    Married
    To me, the Vatican stance of saying that Christians should not evangelise Jewish people is like rewriting Matthew 28:19-20 so that the original believers in Yeshua / Jesus (who were mostly Jewish) should not evangelise their fellow Jews.

When Jews are the only people excluded from something, that is usually termed "anti-Semitism".

Personally I am glad that some non-Jewish friends prayed for me and that I found Yeshua (or rather He found me) almost 40 years ago. Please go on evangelising other Jewish people but do it sensitively as some of us have too often been hurt by insensitive Christians.

6. 613jono

613jono Member

+62
    Judaism
    Married

7. 613jono

613jono Member

+62
    Judaism
    Married
    Agreed. One question:define evangelize.

Been attending a conservative shul for years, I dont "push" my belief in Yeshua as Moshiach, but dont shy away from discussion, when asked.

8. AndyLondon

AndyLondon New Member

+3
    Baptist
    Married
    Evangelise - share my faith in Yeshua / Jesus with those around me who ask me. For example, if someone asked whether I had a good week-end, I might say yes and tell them about our church service. Over the years that I was working (I have retired now) I must have shared my faith with most of my work colleagues.

However, actions usually speak louder than words and, if folk see you saying one thing but doing another, your witness isn't much use. That's why it's as important to live as a follower of Yeshua / Jesus and not just talk about being one. It was James that spoke about this in James 2:14-26.

9. Yeshua HaDerekh

+2,801
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    I am impressed! How and why are you allowed to stay?

10. Gxg (G²)

Gxg (G²) Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7) CF Ambassadors Supporter

+1,185
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    US-Others
    Complicated...

11. 613jono

613jono Member

+62
    Judaism
    Married
    Open minded rabbi, and integrity up front. Had several discussions and it is understood that we do not identify with christianity, and it didnt hurt that we were practicing Judaism, and familiar with halacha going in.

12. 613jono

613jono Member

+62
    Judaism
    Married
    ...also on a path to conversion.

13. Yeshua HaDerekh

+2,801
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Oh, I see. Is there a reason you are converting? Will you still have faith in Yeshua or will you deny Him at conversion since Rabbinic Judaism does not presently accept Yeshua as Moshiakh??

14. 613jono

613jono Member

+62
    Judaism
    Married
    Nope. Not eligible for conversion- unwilling to deny what we know is true. All the same-with the exception of a few, we're still welcome in the community as non members.

Was seeking conversion because of our passion for Judaism, and disguist with christian theology, and interpretation.

15. visionary

visionary Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I. Supporter

+7,509
    Messianic
  16. 613jono

613jono Member

+62
    Judaism
    Married
    This is troubling, yet not suprising.

17. Aryeh Jay

+12,616
    United States
    Married

18. 613jono

613jono Member

+62
    Judaism
    Married
    Meir Kahane was right!

19. Aryeh Jay

+12,616
    United States
    Married

20. 613jono

613jono Member

+62
    Judaism
    Married
    Meir Kahana proposed non jews in the land had three options 1) dwell as resident aliens with full rights-except national ones. 2) leave, and be compensated for land and property. 3)be evicted forcibly.
    (As codified by Jewish law)

Big fan.