Jesus Told Many They Would Live to See His Coming.

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
These verses you have cited when viewed in proper context all refer to spiritual death - not physical death.
Seems like a stretch. Don't know why you can't stretch the 4 or 5 verses that use illustrations in Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21 like that since it was a prophecy about the destruction of the temple and city they were looking at? The temple and the city were destoyred 70 AD in the very generation he was speaking to you know.

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You should read verses 25 - 36 to see what Jesus was saying
Satan will be cast out of heaven but it has not happened as of yet , in Rev12 is when it happens

25 Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.

27 “Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify your name!”

Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.” 29 The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him.

30 Jesus said, “This voice was for your benefit, not mine. 31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out. 32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” 33 He said this to show the kind of death he was going to die.

34 The crowd spoke up, “We have heard from the Law that the Messiah will remain forever, so how can you say, ‘The Son of Man must be lifted up’? Who is this ‘Son of Man’?”

35 Then Jesus told them, “You are going to have the light just a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, before darkness overtakes you. Whoever walks in the dark does not know where they are going. 36 Believe in the light while you have the light, so that you may become children of light.” When he had finished speaking, Jesus left and hid himself from them.

To reign with Christ now means that if we stay with Christ he will empower us to resist sin and temptation , but since we are still in this carnal human body we are still subject to those things.
If a person turns away from the faith and Christ they will no longer reign with Christ but when in Rev 20 says we reign with Christ it is in a immortal body
When we reign with Christ we will even reign over angels , mankind has the intended purpose to be above the angels , angels cannot be redeemed when they sin

When satan is thrown down to earth it is then the Man Of Lawlessness comes who will be the person who Christ will throw alive into the lake of fire
Jesus is the Almighty God the Alpha and the Omega the Beginning and the End

He had forsaken some of his divinity when he came to earth to be the sacrifice on the cross; Jesus said that no man can take his life but he lays it down of his own accord because he has the power to take it up again

Jesus has never lost His reign over ALL things he came to take the sins of all the world upon himself so that we now have the path to follow Christ and be redeemed through His blood shed on the cross
John 12:31, includes the time element of when Satan was cast out:
31 Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.

For you to try and say otherwise is just improper! Jesus is summarizing what was occurring in heaven at that time. He follows up with John 12:32 of what would occur by His sacrifice of Himself in John 12:32:
32 And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself.”

Clearly the "lifting up" of Christ cleared the way for the atonement!

Once again scripture will not allow what you're asserting. What do you do with Ephesians 1:18-23, which further asserts exactly what Jesus said?:
18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,
19 and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might

20 which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,
far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.
22 And
He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church,

23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

What you're asserting is not in line with scripture!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums