Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Others
Testimony of Jeremy Benson

When I was young my mother used to take me to church. I can remember putting pennies in the collection plate and loving it. We would draw and color in Sunday School. I even told my mother God healed my headache when I was child; after bouncing out of the room I laid in with a cold cloth on my forehead. Soon after life got in the way.

Growing up I went astray. I stopped going to church with my mother or uncle. By the age of thirteen or fourteen my cousins and I would rather hang out. We would light bowls of gas on fire, kicking them about (One time almost landing one on my uncle’s roof,) we would make firecrackers by taking the powder from toy caps (In which one time I seen a plate full explode in my cousins face, singeing some hair.) Normal kid’s stuff. Nintendo was there, and then system after system. Although I wasn’t a mega-collector, these are tools of the Devil to distract.

Eventually I took an interest in music. I loved rap and alternative rock. I would write songs and make CDs and although I had a small following and performed at parties, I wasn’t overly talented. Somewhere in there I ended up smoking joints I held for a cousin. After that I was smoking, drinking, and messing with any drug I could get my hands on. I would snort ecstasy or a Nytol, it didn’t matter. The only thing I refused was needles, never did one. In my late teens and early adult years drugs and alcohol became my hobby. I had a closet full of bottles, bought ecstasy by the bag. I ate as many as fourteen. I was a hippy without being a hippy.

I was a depressed person. To be honest I would be in the bath. I would have a fit of a cry and hit the water. I would see skeleton hallucinations in wood grain. I looked in the mirror on acid and the Devil was looking back, every scar and blemish was his. I tried to kill myself with a bottle of Robitussin DM over a girl. The kind of guy that would find himself with his neck in a noose, literally.

Spiritual deceptions crept in. I would play Ouija Board with friends and think I was gaining power. I would put my hand on a ring in a room and brag that it moved very fast on its own, as if it was my will and not some other power. For a short time we helped spirits “cross-over.” Although it didn’t last long. Yeah, turns out “Debby” was a Demon. I remember sitting on the ferry where I worked thinking I was a soul in a dimension, and objects were manifestations of thought and expression. I would draw these ideas on paper like I had it all figured out. Later I was holding my hands up to the moon on the ferry, I didn’t know what truth was. There was a time when I realized it was all empty. I knew vanity, but didn’t admit it.

My mother got me a book about Doomsday, from a Christian perspective. I had been talking about it. It sparked my interest in the all things end times. It may or may not have been the catalyst in leaning me towards the bible, but I decided to read. After a few weeks of prayer I could tell God was talking to me. One day I was in the engine room smoking a cigarette and God spoke from the wall, using a voice of a man I had just talked to minutes earlier. He said “Jeremy.” And followed with “You know who this is.” I was surprised, but I did know who it was. The Lord told me to quit smoking and that I could do it. He has talked to me audibly ever since, whenever he chooses. He pulled me from my body and showed me how dumb I looked at a party. He told me the exact day a girl would visit me, if I didn’t sin. She came that day. If you think God didn’t talk to the prophets, you’re wrong.

God has pulled me from drug addiction, alcohol abuse, and spiritual deception. The music I listen to is Christian. The films I watch are Christian. The YouTube I watch is Christian. Stars I viewed as idols are now the enemies they deserved to be. I like to share the gospel and expose evil. God can change us and make us born again.

I pressed on even when my current girl friend told me “The Bible is for old people.” I can tell you right now if I let that statement get me I would be a walking dead man, and God might not have ever talked to me. If you are seeking God, don’t stop, for anyone or anything. His promise is to answer. And if you’re not seeking God, don’t neglect eternity. Put your faith in Jesus Christ. He is the only way.

Last edited:

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,163,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF Jeremy!

I can tell you that even after reading a gospel like Matthew, or John, 5 or 6 times, I find myself learning deeper, new levels, because His Words, Christ's Words, are living. I also sought God, as He told us to in Matthew chapter 7, and the result of that prayer was very life changing, very amazing. Praise be to the Living One.
-- Hal

Reactions: ProjectExodus
Upvote 0

ProjectExodus

Jan 25, 2019
Grand Manan
Visit site
✟8,683.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Others
Welcome to CF Jeremy!

I can tell you that even after reading a gospel like Matthew, or John, 5 or 6 times, I find myself learning deeper, new levels, because His Words, Christ's Words, are living. I also sought God, as He told us to in Matthew chapter 7, and the result of that prayer was very life changing, very amazing. Praise be to the Living One.
-- Hal

Amen Halbhh. It's going to be great seeing all our brother and sisters, and literal family in heaven. I hope the gospel will reach more people. Wow. It's going to be amazing to explore the new earth.

Upvote 0