• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Jesus is returning to reign on earth according to the OT prophets and His disciples

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by Quasar92, Jun 30, 2017.

1. BABerean2

BABerean2 Newbie Supporter

+4,896
    Christian
    Married
    Here is another.

Joh 4:19  The woman said to Him, "Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet. 
    Joh 4:20  Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where one ought to worship." 
    Joh 4:21  Jesus said to her, "Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. 
    Joh 4:22  You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. 
    Joh 4:23  But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 
    Joh 4:24  God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth." 

2. claninja

claninja Well-Known Member

+1,476
    Christian
    Married
    Is Jesus reigning on earth or heaven until all his enemies are put under his feet?

Acts 2:34-35 For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he himself says, “‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool.”’

1 Corinthians 15:23-28 But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ. Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power. For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death. For “God has put all things in subjection under his feet.” But when it says, “all things are put in subjection,” it is plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjection under him. When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things in subjection under him, that God may be all in all.

Hebrews 10:12-13 But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet.

3. Quasar92

Quasar92 Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,931
    Christian
    Single

In Rev.19:11-21, Jesus returns to the earth with His armies from heaven to fight the two beasts, the Antichrist and the false prophet, and the armies of the ten horns/nations allied to them, in the battle of Armageddon.

The two beasts are thrown into the lake of fire and the armies of the ten horns.nations are destroyed - and the seven year tribulation is ended.

Satan is thrown into the Abyss for 1,000 years while Jesus reigns on earth for 1,000 years.

When the 1,000 years is over, Satan is released, rebels agaist God, raises a huge army and brings it up against Gods people in Jerusalem, where God destroys the army with fire and sulfur from heven, and throws Satan into the lake of fire. The enemies of God have all been destryed.

Quasar92[/QUOTE]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. claninja

+1,476
    Christian
    Married
    [/QUOTE]
    This doesn't answer the question, so I'll ask again. Does jesus reign from heaven or earth until all his enemies are put under his feet?

5. Quasar92

+1,931
    Christian
    Single
    This doesn't answer the question, so I'll ask again. Does jesus reign from heaven or earth until all his enemies are put under his feet?[/QUOTE]

As I posted in @23 above, Jesus returns to the earth ; in Rev.20:6, it states the resurrected martyrs/saints will reign with Christ for 1,000 yers. On earth.

Quasar92

6. Quasar92

+1,931
    Christian
    Single
    Duplicated in error. Please delete.

7. claninja

+1,476
    Christian
    Married

As I posted in @23 above, Jesus returns to the earth ; in Rev.20:6, it states the resurrected martyrs/saints will reign with Christ for 1,000 yers. On earth.

Quasar92[/QUOTE]

Acts 2:34-35, 1 Corinthians 15:25, and Hebrews 10:12-13 clearly state that Christ will ascend to heaven and sit at the right hand of God to reign until his enemies have been made a footstool. If Christ has to literally comeback from heaven to earth to literally fight the devil and the beasts, then christ will not have reigned in heaven until all his enemies have been put under his feet.

8. saint2

saint2 Regular Member Supporter

+26
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Good point, claninja

God's throne is in heaven, earth is His footstool

Isaiah 66:1
    This is what the LORD says: “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool..."

Matthew 5:34-35
    But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King.

IMO God will sit on his throne in heaven while reigning on the earth.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  9. claninja

+1,476
    Christian
    Married
    I would absolutely agree, God can and does sit on his throne in heaven and reign on earth

10. saint2

+26
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Yes, and When we see the Mount of Olives split in two from east to west by a very wide valley then we will know that the Lord has returned and is standing there from heaven

Zechariah 14:4
    On that day his feet shall stand on the Mount of Olives, which lies before Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives shall be split in two from east to west by a very wide valley; so that one half of the Mount shall withdraw northward, and the other half southward

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  11. BABerean2

BABerean2 Newbie Supporter

+4,896
    Christian
    Married
    Rev 11:15  And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. 
    Rev 11:16  And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God, 
    Rev 11:17  Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned. 
    Rev 11:18  And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth. 
    Rev 11:19  And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail. (The temple in heaven, not in earthly Jerusalem.)

Rev 20:1  And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 
    Rev 20:2  And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 
    Rev 20:3  And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. 
    Rev 20:4  And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (John saw these souls in heaven, where the thrones of God and Christ are now located.)

Rev 20:5  But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. (Those who are not believers are not resurrected from the dead until the bodily resurrection of the dead found in Revelation 11:18, at Christ's Second Coming, which is found at Revelation 11:15. The Book of Revelation is not in chronological order. This fact is proven by Revelation 16:15-16, when He comes as a thief at Armageddon and also comes later in Revelation chapter 19.)

Rev 20:6  Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. (The first resurrection from the dead is found in John 5:24.)

12. Marilyn C

Marilyn C Newbie Supporter

+231
    Christian
    Married
    The Queen of England visits Australia, Canada & other places in the Commonwealth, BUT is still reigning from England. The seat of the Lord`s power and authority will always be above all, in this age and the one to come. (Eph. 1: 21)

regards, Marilyn.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. saint2

+26
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Jesus was taken up from Mt Olives in a cloud of glory, and likewise, he will return to Mt Olives in a cloud of glory. Think Shekinah Glory

Acts 1:9-12
    as they were watching, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight. While he was going and they were gazing up toward heaven, suddenly two men in white robes stood by them. They said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking up toward heaven? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.” Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, a sabbath day’s journey away.

1 Timothy 3:16
    Without any doubt, the mystery of our religion is great: He was revealed in flesh, vindicated in spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among Gentiles, believed in throughout the world, taken up in glory.

14. Handmaid for Jesus

Handmaid for Jesus You can't steal my joy Supporter

+26,702
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    It is preterist theology that thinks Lord Jesus will not reign bodily on earth during the millennium.I am not debating that theology. No need.

15. saint2

+26
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    No preterist here. The Lord Jesus will come and reign on earth.

HIs domain will range from earth to heaven.

Isaiah 40:10
    Behold, the Lord Jehovah will come as a mighty one, and his arm [Jesus] will rule for him: Behold, his reward is with him, and his recompense before him.

16. claninja

+1,476
    Christian
    Married
    I don't know if I'm preterist and I don't know if the millennium is litetal or not , but I do know that Christ is sitting at the right hand of God, reigning with all authority in heaven and on earth until his enemies are made a foot stool

17. ebedmelech

ebedmelech My dog Micah in the pic Supporter

+595
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    No this is all wrong! Jesus reigns RIGHT NOW...and has been reigning every since His resurrection!

Our Lord Himself said it so clearly to the disciples at Matthew 28:18:
    18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

"All authority" means ALL AUTHORITY. Jesus knows Daniel 7:9-14 as well as Revelation 5 are speaking of Him!

Paul makes it clear in Ephesians 1:18-23 as he tells the Ephesian believers the position of Christ!:
    18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,
    19 and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might
    20 which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,
    21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.
    22 And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, 23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Lastly, Hebrews 1 can not be any clearer about Christ reigning right now. It uses some of the very passages the OP uses to make the point. JESUS REIGNS NOW AND FOREVER until he renders judgment on all...and returns the reign to God the Father as is stated in 1 Corinthians 15:20-28!

18. Brian Mcnamee

Brian Mcnamee Well-Known Member

+747
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Peter said that scoffers would come in the last days saying where is the promise of his coming. I you read Daniel 9 the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple was tied to the coming of the messiah. The return of Israel as a nation and the return of the daily sacrifices is central for the the 7 year tribulation. The 2nd coming and kingdom are when the LORD comes with his saints at the end of the 7 years when the nations have gathered for Armageddon. They expected a soon coming but there were many scriptures that predicted this whole long process for Israel. The prophecy regarding Jesus 1st coming were very literal and so too are the one regarding the 2nd coming. Literalist Isaac Newton in his day took a literal approach to prophecy and understood Israel had to become a nation again for these events to transpire. Many in the church had already stated that the church has replaced Israel as a nation. This one fact that a nation was scattered for over 1800 years and did return and it is Israel as predicted is great evidence for those who hold this all to be future and literal.

19. Brian Mcnamee

Brian Mcnamee Well-Known Member

+747
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Im sorry Jesus is not reigning now would abortion and gay marriage and every other abomination be in full force if as the scriptures promise when the angels declare the kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and his christ and he will rule forever? You see the Bible says Satan who has deceived the nations will deceive them no more until the the 1000 years is up and that Satan will be bound for the entire 1000 years that Jesus reigns on this earth. When Jesus takes the throne in Zech 14 at his 2nd coming it says the mt of olives will split in two and a new river will form and flow all year round and all the nations will have to keep the feast of tabernacles or they will get no rain. All this is future and literal. In that day the curse will be reversed and man will learn war no more.

20. CrystalDragon

CrystalDragon Well-Known Member

+1,597
    Catholic
    Single

Homosexual acts are the "abomination", not attraction. I dare you to go in a crowd and try to force yourself to have a crush on a random person.