Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Does anyone have any ideas as to why God would desire that we know that Jesus did not Baptize during the below event?

John 4:1-2 KJV - 1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John, (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,)

What is the lesson to be gained, here?

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Does anyone have any ideas as to why God would desire that we know that Jesus did not Baptize during the below event?

John 4:1-2 KJV - 1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John, (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,)

Jesus' baptism is into his death, burial and resurrection (Ro 6:3-4), which had not yet occurred.

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Jesus' baptism is into his death, burial and resurrection (Ro 6:3-4), which had not yet occurred.
Thank you, and I like that.

There are passages, however, that indicate that Jesus baptized people before His death. Any ideas?

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Jesus's disciples baptized in His Name, as did the early church, as do we. Not a mystery.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Jesus's disciples baptized in His Name, as did the early church, as do we. Not a mystery.
Thank you. However, I don't quite understand. I am asking if anyone understands why God wanted us to know why Jesus did not Baptize in this particular event, though He seems to in others. Any idea?

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you. However, I don't quite understand. I am asking if anyone understands why God wanted us to know why Jesus did not Baptize in this particular event, though He seems to in others. Any idea?
The point is that the authority given to Him by His Father can be delegated by Him to His disciples.
Luke 10:17

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
In what account is Jesus said to have performed baptism?

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
In what account is Jesus said to have performed baptism?
You know, I created a post yesterday asking why, if Baptism were so vital, why didn't Jesus baptized? Wow, they convinced me I was wrong.

One passage used was the following:

John 3:22 NLT - "Then Jesus and his disciples left Jerusalem and went into the Judean countryside. Jesus spent some time with them there, baptizing people."

But a few verses later, chapter 4, it is clarified that He wasn't the one doing the Baptizing.

John 4:1-2 NLT - "Jesus knew the Pharisees had heard that he was baptizing and making more disciples than John 2 (though Jesus himself didn't baptize them--his disciples did)."

I should have done a better job of recording the verses they quoted. I was so stunned I had the thread deleted because I believed it was in error. Hmmm

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you, and I like that.

There are passages, however, that indicate that Jesus baptized people before His death. Any ideas?
Those passages are corrected by Jn 4:1-2.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,432.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How would you feel if you had been baptized by Christ Himself and your neighbor was baptized by someone he does not even know?
Accepting baptism is to be a humbling activity which the lowliest mature adult on earth can do, but if I had personally been baptized by Christ it would be hard for me to not take pride in that fact.

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
How would you feel if you had been baptized by Christ Himself and your neighbor was baptized by someone he does not even know?
Accepting baptism is to be a humbling activity which the lowliest mature adult on earth can do, but if I had personally been baptized by Christ it would be hard for me to not take pride in that fact.
For sure.

Can you imagine being baptized by Him and later realizing that He was God in human flesh? I would be saying to myself, "I can't believe that I was Baptized by God Himself."

I would think about that moment multiple times per day for the rest of my life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,432.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For sure.

Can you imagine being baptized by Him and later realizing that He was God in human flesh? I would be saying to myself, "I can't believe that I was Baptized by God Himself."

I would think about that moment multiple times per day for the rest of my life.
That is not what God wants you to be doing.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Personal musings totally unrelated to NT teaching.

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
That is not what God wants you to be doing.

I see. I had a Powerful Indwelling of the Holy Spirit after my heart was Circumcised by Christ. Consequently, my life has changed outside of my own power. I think about that moment multiple times throughout each day . . . it is impossible not to do so.

I hope one day you can experience such incredible Peace and Joy that it impacts each day for the rest of your life.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,432.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I see. I had a Powerful Indwelling of the Holy Spirit after my heart was Circumcised by Christ. Consequently, my life has changed outside of my own power. I think about that moment multiple times throughout each day . . . it is impossible not to do so.

I hope one day you can experience such incredible Peace and Joy that it impacts each day for the rest of your life.
Being led by the Spirit is challenging and rewarding.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,432.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Personal musings totally unrelated to NT teaching.
I just pointed out how it would be hard for me to have been baptized by Christ and thus why it might be hard for those in the first century to have been baptized by Christ and Jesus would have realized that.

Upvote 0