✟21,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Try reading the same as a first-century Jew. You will then get the picture

this is the cop-out that is used by those who cannot accept what the Bible very clearly says about whom Jesus died for. The OP also says that Jesus told Judas that He was to shed His blood for his sins, which means that the entire human race has been "provisioned" for on the cross. Even John Calvin admits that Jesus died for the "whole human race", and yet there are those who cannot accept Bible Truth

Are you saying that what is true for the Jewish believer, is not for the rest of the world? Show me this distinction in Jesus' death after His Ascension?

Upvote 0

Bond-servant of Christ

Sep 15, 2020
Birmingham
✟21,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The bible says Jesus paid for the sins of the whole world... John 3:16 says For God so loved the world...

"And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world." - 1 John 2:2

indeed, but there are some who are self-blinded to this wonderful truth. 2 Peter 2:1, says that Jesus also died for those who will sadly send up in eternal punishment, but again the Reformed/Calvinist will try and twist its meaning and application!

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
this is the cop-out that is used by those who cannot accept what the Bible very clearly says about whom Jesus died for. The OP also says that Jesus told Judas that He was to shed His blood for his sins, which means that the entire human race has been "provisioned" for on the cross. Even John Calvin admits that Jesus died for the "whole human race", and yet there are those who cannot accept Bible Truth

Are you saying that what is true for the Jewish believer, is not for the rest of the world? Show me this distinction in Jesus' death after His Ascension?
If you are right, Christ didn't save anyone. His blood did not justify a soul because most remain lost.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How is that helpful?
Salvation was only of the Jews. Saying it is for the whole world means gentiles are now included according to the promise made to Abraham. It does not mean every single person any more than it did in the Old Covenant. Most Jews were hardcore sinners and perished.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I said:
"All of my questions are straightforward. As anyone who follows this thread can and has seen."

Since I'm neither a Calvinist nor an Arminian, I don't have that problem or quirk.

As I said, my questions are straightforward. If you think my questions are "loaded", then please explain how so and how to "unload" them.
You are of the free will sort. This is Arminianism, Semi-Pelagianism, etc.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
FreeGrace2 said:
I'm not interested in your opinions or your theories.

I am interested in what God's Word says.

Which you are still unprepared to give an answer to my questions.

How much did Paul say the flesh "can do"?

Your statements are vague and lack any evidence from Scripture. Peter told believers to be prepared to give answers. You should prepare.
Find faith listed under the flesh as Paul condemns it.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The bible says Jesus paid for the sins of the whole world... John 3:16 says For God so loved the world...

"And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world." - 1 John 2:2
To a Jew, this meant gentiles too. Not just Jews anymore.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even a pet is capable of understanding that doing what is expected of it in being good rather than bad, is more rewarding. What sets us apart is we are capable of understanding the difference between the two wills and the reasoning why one is better than the other. The reward is a perfect system. That understanding is enough.
This is legalism = self-salvation scripture knows nothing of.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If you are right, Christ didn't save anyone. His blood did not justify a soul because most remain lost.
Where do you get the idea that His death justifies anyone? Certainly not the Bible.

Romans 5:1 - Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, wehave peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

This is what Calvinists fail to understand.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I said:
"Since I'm neither a Calvinist nor an Arminian, I don't have that problem or quirk.

As I said, my questions are straightforward. If you think my questions are "loaded", then please explain how so and how to "unload" them."
You are of the free will sort. This is Arminianism, Semi-Pelagianism, etc.
Even Spurgeon believed that man has a free will. If man doesn't, then ALL his actions and thoughts have to emanate from God.

So, Calvinism would have to place ALL blame for sin and evil on God.

Upvote 0

Bond-servant of Christ

Sep 15, 2020
Birmingham
✟21,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If he died for all, why aren't they saved?

glad you asked. Jesus has the anwser for you

“The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.” (Mark 1:15)

"No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish" (Luke 13:3, 5)

"and that repentance for the forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem" (Luke 24:47)

"And when He comes, He will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me;" (John 16:8-9)

Also;

"Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God...Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him. (John 3:18, 36)

" and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. (2 Thessalonians 2:10-12)

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I said:
""I am interested in what God's Word says.

Your statements are vague and lack any evidence from Scripture. Peter told believers to be prepared to give answers. You should prepare.
Find faith listed under the flesh as Paul condemns it.
I see you're still unprepared to give an answer. I AM prepared with answers:

Rom 10:10 - For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Couldn't be any more clear. Belief comes from the heart. And I've already proven from Eph 2;5 and 8 that faith precedes both salvation and regeneration.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Justified_By_Christ_Alone said:

To a Jew, this meant gentiles too. Not just Jews anymore.
That's right. iow, everyone. Because Jews viewed all non Jews as Gentiles. Thanks for agreeing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If he died for all, why aren't they saved?
Didn't you read my explanation to you about this already?

We are saved and justified on the basis of faith in what He did. Can you understand this?

Rom 5:1, 10:9 both say so. In plain words. So Calvinists can't miss it.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Didn't you read my explanation to you about this already?

We are saved and justified on the basis of faith in what He did. Can you understand this?

Rom 5:1, 10:9 both say so. In plain words. So Calvinists can't miss it.
= you save yourself and the rest of his blood is wasted.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Justified_By_Christ_Alone said:

That's right. iow, everyone. Because Jews viewed all non Jews as Gentiles. Thanks for agreeing.
But most are lost. Why? If he paid for their sins?

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I said:
""I am interested in what God's Word says.

I see you're still unprepared to give an answer. I AM prepared with answers:

Rom 10:10 - For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Couldn't be any more clear. Belief comes from the heart. And I've already proven from Eph 2;5 and 8 that faith precedes both salvation and regeneration.
So you think you save yourself by doing these things? Or do you do them because God saved you?

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
glad you asked. Jesus has the anwser for you

“The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.” (Mark 1:15)

"No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish" (Luke 13:3, 5)

"and that repentance for the forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem" (Luke 24:47)

"And when He comes, He will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me;" (John 16:8-9)

Also;

"Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God...Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him. (John 3:18, 36)

" and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. (2 Thessalonians 2:10-12)
“in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves, if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;” 2 Timothy 2:25 (NCPB)

Upvote 0