Jesus came to FREE His precious BACs from sinning!

john breitels

May 21, 2019
oregon
✟15,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
“We are all infected and impure with sin.” (Isaiah 64:6)
“all people are under the power of sin.” (Romans 3:9)
“we are all prisoners of sin.”
(Galatians 3:22)
“we were spiritually dead because of our sins (Ephesians 2:5)
He will save His people from their sins.” (Matthew 1:21)

Yes, of course, Jesus died for ALL of our sins!
He died for our past sins
… before we became BACs.
He died for our present sins
… that we repent of now.
He died for our future sins
… that we will repent of later.

WARNING … Either accept God’s word,
or accept the consequences! …
“For he who lacks these things (vv.5-8)
is shortsighted, even to blindness,
and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his OLD sins.” (2 Peter 1:9)

Other translations have “former sins”, “past sins”.
When you were born-again … you were forgiven of the sins you had committed in the past.
Please POST and explain ...
IF you do NOT believe the above verse!

“in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed” (Romans 3:25)

Jesus came to FREE us from the bondage
of sin, from being prisoners of sin

He came to FREE us from sinning
... so we don't HAVE to sin!
Jesus did this by giving us:
-- a new nature
-- the indwelling Holy Spirit
-- the whole word of God
-- promises that we are NO longer slaves of sin,
so we can have the confidence to overcome sin
-- the knowledge about repentance
-- promise to forgive our sins when we repent
-- also, He defeated Satan who held us in bondage/captivity

God’s PROMISES that BACs have been
SET FREE from the bondage of sin!

“that we should no longer be slaves of sin.” (Romans 6:6)
“For he who has died has been freed from sin.” (Romans 6:7)
“reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin” (Romans 6:11)
“For sin shall not have dominion over you” (Romans 6:14)
you WERE slaves of sin
(Romans 6:17 and Romans 6:20)
“And having been set free from sin” (Romans 6:18 and Romans 6:22)
free from the law of sin and death.” (Romans 8:2)
“When you came to Christ … Christ performed a spiritual circumcision —
the cutting away of your sinful nature” (Colossians 2:11)

Do you ever get tired of reading that
you are NO LONGER a slave of sin?

God’s WARNINGS to His BACs
about the dangers of sinning

● “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever
commits sin is a slave of sin.” (John 8:34)
● “Don’t you realize that you become the slave of whatever you choose to obey?
You can be a slave to sin, which leads to (spiritual) death, or you can choose to
obey God, which leads to righteous living
(i.e. righteousness).” (Romans 6:16)
● “For if you live according to the flesh,
you will die
” (Romans 8:13)
● “Do you not know that the unrighteous (sinners) will not inherit the kingdom of God?” (1 Corinthians 6:9)
● “those who practice such things (sins)
will not inherit the kingdom of God.”
(Galatians 5:21)
● “no (sinner) … has any inheritance
in the kingdom of Christ and God.”
(Ephesians 5:5)
● “for because of these things (sins)
the wrath of God comes upon the sons
of disobedience.” (Ephesians 5:6)
● “Little children, let no one deceive you … In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does NOT practice righteousness is NOT of God” (1 John 3:7-10)

God’s ANTIDOTE for any sins
committed by His precious BACs

● “But if we confess our sins to him,
he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins
and to cleanse us from all wickedness (unrighteousness).” (1 John 1:9)

This is an extremely important verse …
all men need to be repeatedly purified from
all unrighteousness – from all their sins …
We must confess our sins and turn from them …
We must also confess them with our actions …
(John) is talking here about repentance …
we must hate our sins and turn from them.

This is true repentance.
(The Applied New Testament Commentary,
1996, Dr. Thomas Hale, medical missionary)

Paul wrote this below to the Corinthian church concerning his previous letter (1 Corinthians),
in which he had rebuked them … they really needed to repent to continue to be saved !!!

“the pain (from Paul’s rebuke) caused you to repent and change your ways. It was the kind of sorrow God wants His people to have, so you were not harmed by us in any way. For the kind of sorrow God wants us
to experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation.” (2 Corinthians 7:8-9)
And Paul chastises them below for
NOT repenting of their habitual sins …

“And I will be grieved because many of
you have not given up your old sins.
You have not repented of your impurity, sexual immorality, and eagerness for
lustful pleasure.” (2 Corinthians 12:21)
what version of the bible are you reading?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It all depends on whether you are doing these things to try and please Him, because there is nothing you can do to please Him at all. He approves only the work of the Holy Spirit that has done in you. If you do the things that God loves and approves of, you are only doing out of love for Him. But even after you have done everything in your power, you remain just an unprofitable servant.

I gather you did not read post # 22 did you.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟836,918.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Was God in the OT, evil...?

God Bless!
No He was not. There are many verses in the O.T. that show that God is a God of grace and mercy toward those who repent, are faithful to Him, and who did what was right in His sight.

But God has justice as well as grace and mercy. To those who reject Him and do evil, He is a just judge, and the penalty for sin is death. It took many years from the time Abraham was in Canaan until the time Joshua led the Israelites into the land. God waiting for all that time until the evil and wickedness of the people in Canaan had proved that they had absolutely no interest in abandoning their wicked ways and their evil mature to the point where God could deal as the judge giving the penalty for sin and be righteous in doing so.

God would have been evil if He had let those evil people carry on and not have to pay the penalty for their gross evil. It would be the same if you and I had to share heaven with Adolf Hitler and his gang of criminals who murdered 6 million Jews, and Osama Bin Laden who was responsible for the 3000 deaths in New York in 9/11. Would you think that God would be good or evil if He did not exact the just penalty and said, "You can share the same mansion in heaven as Neogaia777?

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟306,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Name me one person in all of church history who has been able to stop sinning completely (except anyone who has been born of a virgin of course! :) )
Amen! Those who believe they live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived) are suffering from a terminal case of self righteousness. (Ecclesiastes 7:20; Romans 3:23; 1 John 1:8-10)

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟836,918.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Amen! Those who believe they live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived) are suffering from a terminal case of self righteousness. (Ecclesiastes 7:20; Romans 3:23; 1 John 1:8-10)
They are also deceiving themselves with a lie, trying to pretend they are something when they are not.

• Agree
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,876.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes. But how do you apply this?

For example, after Peter had been filled with the Holy Spirit, on the Day of Pentecost, he and leaders with him "played the hypocrite" (Galatians 2:11-13) against born-again people who had a Gentile background. And our Apostle Paul clearly says it was hypocrisy.

So, how do you apply what you are saying to the fact that Peter an Apostle had been filled with the Holy Spirit, but then he committed what, I would say, Jesus considers to be one of the worst sins, which is hypocrisy?

Once you have been filled with the Spirit and are walking without sin, there is a possibilty o f falling but then hopefully restored. It should be a rare occasion.

• Optimistic
Reactions: com7fy8
Upvote 0

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,876.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Name me one person in all of church history who has been able to stop sinning completely (except anyone who has been born of a virgin of course! :) )

George Fox.

"Now I was come up in spirit through the flaming sword, into the paradise of God. All things were new; and all the creation gave unto me another smell than before, beyond what words can utter. I knew nothing but pureness, and innocency, and righteousness; being renewed into the image of God by Christ Jesus, to the state of Adam, which he was in before he fell. The creation was opened to me; and it was showed me how all things had their names given them according to their nature and virtue.

I was at a stand in my mind whether I should practise physic for the good of mankind, seeing the nature and virtues of things were so opened to me by the Lord. But I was immediately taken up in spirit to see into another or more steadfast state than Adam's innocency, even into a state in Christ Jesus that should never fall. And the Lord showed me that such as were faithful to Him, in the power and light of Christ, should come up into that state in which Adam was before he fell; in which the admirable works of the creation, and the virtues thereof, may be known, through the openings of that divine Word of wisdom and power by which they were made.

Great things did the Lord lead me into, and wonderful depths were opened unto me, beyond what can by words be declared; but as people come into subjection to the Spirit of God, and grow up in the image and power of the Almighty, they may receive the Word of wisdom that opens all things, and come to know the hidden unity in the [44]" Journal.

He was believed by his WIFE and followers.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟836,918.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Once you have been filled with the Spirit and are walking without sin, there is a possibilty o f falling but then hopefully restored. It should be a rare occasion.
I would like to meet one of these "super-believers" who are above the general herd of strugglers who are so dependent on the shed blood of Jesus that if it wasn't there to pay for their sin, they would be well and truly sunk!

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟836,918.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
George Fox.
Are you serious? Did you know him personally to know that he had never sinned from childhood and didn't need to depend on the shed blood of Jesus?

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,876.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would like to meet one of these "super-believers" who are above the general herd of strugglers who are so dependent on the shed blood of Jesus that if it wasn't there to pay for their sin, they would be well and truly sunk!

They depend on the Blood for every second of their walk with Christ in sinlessness. See above.

Upvote 0

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,876.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you serious? Did you know him personally to know that he had never sinned from childhood and didn't need to depend on the shed blood of Jesus?

He became entirely sanctified during his adulthood. As above edited, his wife and followers confirmed.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟836,918.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
They depend on the Blood for every second of their walk with Christ in sinlessness. See above.
Oh. So what you are saying is that it is depending on the blood of Christ that we are sinless in God's sight, while we still struggle with the flesh as Paul in Romans 7?

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Name me one person who is born again of the holy Spirit and loves Jesus who will go and preform an action they absolutley know to be sinful and keep doing it....
Such a person does not YET know God they have not yet entered into a sincere state of repentance. They are still determined to going thier own way.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟836,918.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
He became entirely sanctified during his adulthood. As above edited, his wife and followers confirmed.
Oh yes. That was according to the doctrine of entire sanctification where sinless perfection was achieved through faith. John Wesley believed in that as well, and tried, but had to abandon the sinless perfection part because in practice, it did not work.

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh. So what you are saying is that it is depending on the blood of Christ that we are sinless in God's sight, while we still struggle with the flesh as Paul in Romans 7?
The struggle with tge flesh in romans 7 ends with the drclaration of freedom that it is in christ we are free.. No longer slaves.
This is why he says " lets not sin therefore reign in your mortal body" because in christ we have FULL power to ...NOT let it... If we had no choice thee is no way paul could say this.
Everyone has a choice once they are set free.
Too many desire to continue to enjoy the pkeasure of sin for its pleasure... Rather then mortify the desires of the flesh out of love for JESUS.
They want Both sin and salvation

They wont get either..

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟836,918.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The struggle with tge flesh in romans 7 ends with the drclaration of freedom that it is in christ we are free.. No longer slaves.
This is why he says " lets not sin therefore reign in your mortal body" because in christ we have FULL power to ...NOT let it... If we had no choice thee is no way paul could say this.
Everyone has a choice once they are set free.
Too many desire to continue to enjoy the pkeasure of sin for its pleasure... Rather then mortify the desires of the flesh out of love for JESUS.
They want Both sin and salvation

They wont get either..
Let me know when you have fully attained the sin-free life and then I'll get you to impart the anointing to me! :)

• Useful
Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟306,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One Greek Expert I know says 1 John 1:9 (If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.) doesn't translate exactly fluently into English, but can be accurately translated by the Greek tense to say, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to have already forgiven us our sins..."
Notice that - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness (vs. 9) is IN CONTRAST TO - If we say that we have no sin, (present tense) we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us (vs. 8) and - If we say that we have not sinned, (past tense) we make him a liar, and his word is not in us (vs. 10).

Some people misunderstand verse 9 to mean that we "must confess each and every sin that we commit as we commit them" (keep a specific inventory) as an "additional requirement" to "remain cleansed" and "if we overlook or forget a sin we are toast!" Believers speak the same/acknowledge/agree with God's perspective about their sins and have a settled recognition and acknowledgment that one is a sinner in need of cleansing and forgiveness.

• Prayers
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me know when you have fully attained the sin-free life and then I'll get you to impart the anointing to me! :)
I am fully free from the power of Sin .
Niether the devil nor the flesh can compell me beyond the will of the Holy spirit within me to knowingly consciously do an action of Sin against God ...
Is it not so with you also... ?

I always ask on this topic ..if you say people cannot stop doing works of sin that they consciously know to be sin .
what sin is it your talking about that has greater power then the freedom from sin wrought by the death and resurection of Christ... ?
I know of no greater power because greater is he that is within me then he that is in the world.
Is it not so that the holy spirit within me is greater then all this world or the spirit if this world and sin ?
It is indeed so .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Notice that - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness (vs. 9) is IN CONTRAST TO - If we say that we have no sin, (present tense) we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us (vs. 8) and - If we say that we have not sinned, (past tense) we make him a liar, and his word is not in us (vs. 10).

Some people misunderstand verse 9 to mean that we "must confess each and every sin that we commit as we commit them" (keep a specific inventory) as an "additional requirement" to "remain cleansed" and "if we overlook or forget a sin we are toast!" Believers speak the same/acknowledge/agree with God's perspective about their sins and have a settled recognition and acknowledgment that one is a sinner in need of cleansing and forgiveness.
One is a sinner. Before they are saved from thier sin
If one continues to be a sinner one is not yet saved.. For john also says any one who continues to practice sin does not know God..
He goes further saying that by thier action of knowingly continuing to do works of sin they show they are " of the devil"

• Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0