Jesus came to FREE His precious BACs from sinning!

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One is a sinner. Before they are saved from thier sin. If one continues to be a sinner one is not yet saved.. For john also says any one who continues to practice sin does not know God..
He goes further saying that by thier action of knowingly continuing to do works of sin they show they are " of the devil"
Are you saying that if anyone ever sins at all after they are saved, then they are not yet saved? 1 John 3:9 - No one who is born of God practices sin.. (NASB) This describes the practice as habitual, as one's lifestyle or bent of life. It does not mean that those who are saved will never again sin at all. Believers/children of God practice righteousness and not sin (1 John 3:9-10)

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that if anyone ever sins at all after they are saved, then they are not yet saved? 1 John 3:9 - No one who is born of God practices sin.. (NASB) This describes the practice as habitual, as one's lifestyle or bent of life. It does not mean that those who are saved will never again sin at all. Believers/children of God practice righteousness and not sin (1 John 3:9-10)

What is sin? What does it mean not to practice sin that you have highlighted in 1 John 3:9-10? Are those who continue in known unrepentant sin in a saved state before God or an unsaved state before God? Did JESUS come to save us from sin or to continue in sin? What is rightouesness? What is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil? Do you know the answer to these questions from God's Word? It's worth looking into and something to pray about.

1 JOHN 2:1 [1] My little children, these things write I to you, that you sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is sin? What does it mean not to practice sin that you have highlighted in 1 John 3:9-10? Are those who continue in known unrepentant sin in a saved state before God or an unsaved state before God?
Sin in it's simplest term is "missing the mark." The practice of sin is habitual, as one's lifestyle or bent of life with no goal or effort to stop (continuous action) which describes known unrepentant sin. No one who is born of God practices sin (1 John 3:9) so such a person demonstrates they are not born of God.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sin in it's simplest term is "missing the mark." The practice of sin is habitual, as one's lifestyle or bent of life with no goal or effort to stop (continuous action) which describes known unrepentant sin. No one who is born of God practices sin (1 John 3:9) so such a person demonstrates they are not born of God.

That is not how God's Word defines sin is it? The Greek word meaning of sin ἁμαρτάνω; hamartanō means missing the mark. Missing the mark of what? How does God's Word define what sin is or what mark is being missed? How can we know not to practice sin if we do not know what sin is? We are only born of God as God's seed remains in us. What does this mean? *1 JOHN 3:9

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is not how God's Word defines sin is it? The Greek word meaning of sin ἁμαρτάνω; hamartanō means missing the mark. Missing the mark of what? How does God's Word define what sin is or what mark is being missed? How can we know not to practice sin if we do not know what sin is? We are only born of God as God's seed remains in us. What does this mean? *1 JOHN 3:9
Strong's Concordance
hamartia: a sin, failure
Original Word: ἁμαρτία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: hamartia
Phonetic Spelling: (ham-ar-tee'-ah)
Definition: a sin, failure
Usage: prop: missing the mark; hence: (a) guilt, sin, (b) a fault, failure (in an ethical sense), sinful deed.

1 John 3:4 - Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness. That is certainly missing the mark. Thank God for Jesus Christ! (Romans 3:23; 6:23) God's standard is perfection. The mark is without sin, which only Jesus Christ hit that mark. (Hebrews 4:15)

There is no need to substitute the word "for" with "as." 1 John 3:9 - ..for His seed remains in him..

1 Peter 1:23 - for you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Please do not make things up and claim things I have never said or believe. Where have I ever preached a Gospel of Grace plus works? If I have never said or believe such things why do you pretend that I have? OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. What do you think the scriptures in post # 22 is talking about? Jesus came to save us from sin not to continue to sin. All those who continue in known unrepentant sin will not enter the kingdom of heaven because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23.
Then you just preached grace plus works.

• Agree
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said: That is not how God's Word defines sin is it? The Greek word meaning of sin ἁμαρτάνω; hamartanō means missing the mark. Missing the mark of what? How does God's Word define what sin is or what mark is being missed? How can we know not to practice sin if we do not know what sin is? We are only born of God as God's seed remains in us. What does this mean? *1 JOHN 3:9
Your response...
Strong's Concordance
hamartia: a sin, failure
Original Word: ἁμαρτία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: hamartia
Phonetic Spelling: (ham-ar-tee'-ah)
Definition: a sin, failure
Usage: prop: missing the mark; hence: (a) guilt, sin, (b) a fault, failure (in an ethical sense), sinful deed.
I already posted this in the post you were responding to. The following question was what does missing the mark mean?
1 John 3:4 - Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness. That is certainly missing the mark. Thank God for Jesus Christ! (Romans 3:23; 6:23) God's standard is perfection. The mark is without sin, which only Jesus Christ hit that mark. (Hebrews 4:15)
Indeed many translations read similar to this..

1 JOHN 3:4 (KJV) Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Which is a reference to breaking God's Commandments. So sin is breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments right? *See also ROMANS 7:7; JAMES 2:10-11; ROMANS 3:20.

So if sin as it is translated in the Greek is "missing the mark" than sin is not obeying God's Commandments. "Missing the mark" (sin) therefore breaking any one of God's Commandments.
There is no need to substitute the word "for" with "as." 1 John 3:9 - ..for His seed remains in him..
There is no substitution as my comment was not in direct reference to what is in the scripture but to it's application. So 1 JOHN 3:9 reads [9], Whoever is born of God does not commit sin; for his seed remains in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

The reason someone is Born of God and does not sin (break God's LAW) is because God's Seed remains in Him correct? The sole reason someone is born again and does not sin is because of the seed remaining in him. So this is why it is important to in understanding this scripture what the seed represents that remians in the Born again christain that causes him/her not to sin (break God's LAW).
You touched on the answer defining what the seed represents in 1PETER 1:23

MATTHEW 13:37[37] He answered and said to them, He that sows the good seed is the Son of man

LUKE 8:11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

1 PETER 1:23 [23] Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which lives and stays for ever.

So the reason that we are born again and do not sin (break God's LAW) is because of God's WORD remaining in us. So if God's WORD remains in us we are Born of God and do not sin...

1 CORINTHIANS 3:16 [16] Know you not that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

God's seed = God's Word remains in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW it! As God's WORD remains in us we are Born of God! As God's WORD remains in us we will not practice sin!

How does God's seed which is God's WORD remain in us?

1 JOHN 5:4 [4] For whatever is born of God overcomes the world: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith.

God's WORD remains in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW it! Faith in the victory that overcomes the world!

CONCLUSION
: We are only borrn of God as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD and as God's WORD remains in us! Sin is breaking any one of God's 10 commandments *JAMES 2:9-10; 1 JOHN 3:4. We have power over SIN as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD! FAITH is the VICTORY.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said: Please do not make things up and claim things I have never said or believe. Where have I ever preached a Gospel of Grace plus works? If I have never said or believe such things why do you pretend that I have? OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. What do you think the scriptures in post # 22 is talking about? Jesus came to save us from sin not to continue to sin. All those who continue in known unrepentant sin will not enter the kingdom of heaven because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23.
Your response...
Then you just preached grace plus works.
Well that has no truth in it. What does the first half of the post you are quoting from say and mean to you? It is stating the opposite of what your claiming isn't it?

Let's now look at the second part that you highlighted. Are you trying to say that all those who continue in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will enter into God's Kingdom? Just asking for clarification before continuing. Maybe you did not read the post correctly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People can become BACs (via John 3:3,5),
and choose to continue right on sinning.
There are many in the churches who are both
BACs and habitual sinners.
Nice marriage!
Yes,,,I've discovered this from being on these forums.
I used to think Christians enjoyed following their Lord, leader, teacher...Jesus.

Then I came here and found out about OSAS. Here's how I would describe that: After one's initual salvation of "accepting" Jesus, the idea is they could do anything at all and they would still be saved. This has been told to me quite a few times.

Which is a funny idea...because if they "accept" Jesus, it seems to me that they should also accept His teachings...but somehow the two do not go hand in hand.

A strange marriage indeed.

John 14:15

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its called being weak and human and needing Gods grace to walk on the right path in life.
All we humans will sin....
That's different from living in sin.

A person cannot be both a believer in Christ
AND
live in sin.

1 John 3:9

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Your response...

Well that has no truth in it. What does the first half of the post you are quoting from say and mean?

Let's now look at the second part that you highlighted. Are you trying to say that all those who continue in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will enter into God's Kingdom? Just asking for clarification before continuing. Maybe you did not read the complete post.
You are the the one saying that those who are saved, those who have passed from death to life, those who are children of God, if they have any unrepentant sin, will not enter the kingdom. This isn’t about what I’m saying. It’s about what you are saying. So don’t try to shift the burden.

You are the one saying it’s grace plus works.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Yes,,,I've discovered this from being on these forums.
I used to think Christians enjoyed following their Lord, leader, teacher...Jesus.

Then I came here and found out about OSAS. Here's how I would describe that: After one's initual salvation of "accepting" Jesus, the idea is they could do anything at all and they would still be saved. This has been told to me quite a few times.

Which is a funny idea...because if they "accept" Jesus, it seems to me that they should also accept His teachings...but somehow the two do not go hand in hand.

A strange marriage indeed.

John 14:15
This is why I reject the idea of OSAS. I will hold to once regenerate, always regenerate. Or once a sheep, always a sheep. Or once a child always a child

• Useful
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You are the the one saying that those who are saved, those who have passed from death to life, those who are children of God, if they have any unrepentant sin, will not enter the kingdom. This isn’t about what I’m saying. It’s about what you are saying. So don’t try to shift the burden.

You are the one saying it’s grace plus works.
Please do not make up things no one is saying to you, Your false accusations are noted. I will leave that between you and God to work through.

As asked you earlier...

What does the first half of the post you are quoting from say and mean to you? It is stating the opposite of what your claiming isn't it?

Let's now look at the second part that you highlighted. Are you trying to say that all those who continue in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will enter into God's Kingdom? Just asking for clarification before continuing. Maybe you did not read the post correctly.

If you cannot answer the questions asked of you why make up claims that have no truth in them?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This is why I reject the idea of OSAS. I will hold to once regenerate, always regenerate. Or once a sheep, always a sheep. Or once a child always a child

Then how to you interpret *HEBREWS 6:4-8; HEBREWS 10:26-27; 2 PETER 3:17; 2 THESSALONIANS 2:3

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Please do not make up things no one is saying to you your false accusations are noted. I will leave that between you and God to work through. As asked you earlier...

What does the first half of the post you are quoting from say and mean to you? It is stating the opposite of what your claiming isn't it?

Stop shifting the burden on me. And stop spamming.

You can either defend what you posted, or try to wiggle out of it. That’s up to you. But if you believe that we have to do ANYTHING to stay saved (in your case, repent of known sins), then you believe in grace plus works. This has nothing to do with what I believe. I’m just showing others that your understanding is faulty and that you contradict yourself.

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
But He said just before
He died on the cross,
"It is finished"
. This means that the total sinfulness of all those who believe in Christ is paid for. All your sin, past, present and future is paid for.
Sorry, but He meant ...
"All I came to do has been accomplished."

• Agree
Reactions: GodsGrace101
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Stop shifting the burden on me. And stop spamming. You can either defend what you posted, or try to wiggle out of it. That’s up to you. But if you believe that we have to do ANYTHING to stay saved (in your case, repent of known sins), then you believe in grace plus works. This has nothing to do with what I believe. I’m just showing others that your understanding is faulty and that you contradict yourself.

I am not spamming anything brother. I am just asking for clarification on the claims you were making about my post. Were you not just claiming that when the bible teaches that all those who continue in known unrepentant sin will not enter the kingdom of heaven that this is teaching faith plus works?

Yet I stated the opposite in the very post you made these claims in. It is God's Word that teaches that all those who continue in known unrepentant sin will not enter into God's Kingdom not me *HEBREWS 10:26-27; HEBREWS 6:4-8; JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 3:3-10; REVELATION 14:12; REVELATION 22:14; ROMANS 3:31; ROMANS 13:8-10; 1 CORINTHIANS 6:9-10; GALATIANS 5:19-21; EPHESIANS 5:6; COLOSSIANS 3:6; REVELATION 21:7-8; TITUS 2:11-12.

Do you believe these scriptures brother? What do you think they are saying in your view?

The very post you are quoting from states the opposite of what you are claiming I have posted. Where have I posted anywhere that we can do anything to save ourselves? If I do not believe or have I said such things why are you pretending that I have?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I am not spamming anything brother. I am just asking for clarification on the claims you were making about my post. Were you not just claiming that when the bible teaches that all those who continue in known unrepentant sin will not enter the kingdom of heaven that this is teaching faith plus works? Yet I stated the opposite in the very post you made these claims in. It is God's Word that teaches that all those who continue in known unrepentant sin will not enter into God's Kingdom not me *HEBREWS 10:26-27; HEBREWS 6:4-8; JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 3:3-10; REVELATION 14:12; REVELATION 22:14; ROMANS 3:31; ROMANS 13:8-10; 1 CORINTHIANS 6:9-10; GALATIANS 5:19-21; EPHESIANS 5:6; COLOSSIANS 3:6; REVELATION 21:7-8; TITUS 2:11-12. Do you believe these scriptures? What do you think they are saying?
Again, it wasn’t about what I believe. I can’t be much clearer. If you think that there’s something one must do (in your case, repent of known sin) then you believe in grace plus works. You just showed it again in this quote. I don’t know why you try to deny it.

• Useful
Upvote 0