✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please, this is not honest.

But if you really do want to convince someone from the other side it is best to use sources from the left if you are arguing with someone from the left. Or from the right if you are arguing with someone from the right. CNN by the way is only slightly left. Though Trump has pushed them a bit farther left than they were before. They used to be almost dead center.
when exactly was that?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All he did was act like an old man shouting "Get off my lawn". That does not put anyone "on notice".
It does much more than simply doing nothing which has done nothing but encourage China. You may not like Trump but he is standing up and being counted.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
when exactly was that?
Not all that long ago. You should check various rating sites. I used to like FOX News. When they first came out the media did have a definite left wing bias. FOX at that time was not far right and was about as reliable as a news channel could be . They pulled sources such as CNN back to the center. Unfortunately Trump is such an idiot that he is more divisive than any President in my sixty plus years. He drove me out of the party. FOX began to go off the deep end to the right and their "commentary" became a joke. Then they lost their clearest voice of sanity, Shepard Smith. Now they are pretty much just a bunch of yapping jackals.

But let me give you a hand on finding reliable sources. This is what I was talking about:

Media-Bias-Chart-6.0_Low_Res_Licensed.jpg

Home - Ad Fontes Media

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not all that long ago. You should check various rating sites. I used to like FOX News. When they first came out the media did have a definite left wing bias. FOX at that time was not far right and was about as reliable as a news channel could be . They pulled sources such as CNN back to the center. Unfortunately Trump is such an idiot that he is more divisive than any President in my sixty plus years. He drove me out of the party. FOX began to go off the deep end to the right and their "commentary" became a joke. Then they lost their clearest voice of sanity, Shepard Smith. Now they are pretty much just a bunch of yapping jackals.

But let me give you a hand on finding reliable sources. This is what I was talking about:

Media-Bias-Chart-6.0_Low_Res_Licensed.jpg

Home - Ad Fontes Media
Funny thing 3 plus years of lies out of the liberal media and you think they are reliable.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Funny thing 3 plus years of lies out of the liberal media and you think they are reliable.
What "lies"? There are far more lies coming from Trump, yet you swallow his nonsense without a second thought.

By the way if the regular media is "liberal" then FOX is only left with idiots these days. Let's not name call, it gets us nowhere.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What "lies"? There are far more lies coming from Trump, yet you swallow his nonsense without a second thought.

By the way if the regular media is "liberal" then FOX is only left with idiots these days. Let's not name call, it gets us nowhere.
you use the word idiots and then say lets not name call. I think that says everything that needs to be said. I would have provided an article or two calling out some of the lies that the liberal media has published and aired but why bother?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
It does much more than simply doing nothing which has done nothing but encourage China. You may not like Trump but he is standing up and being counted.

Standing up and being counted? What is that supposed to mean? Is it just some sort of macho bravado? Did he take some names while he was standing up and being counted?

Trump enacts tariff; China enacts tariff
Trump enacts another tariff; China enacts another tariff
Trump closes consulate; China closes consulate

Meanwhile, since there are more than two countries on the planet, Brazil has set records for its agricultural exports to China, and American farmers are going bankrupt at record levels.

Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
you use the word idiots and then say lets not name call. I think that says everything that needs to be said. I would have provided an article or two calling out some of the lies that the liberal media has published and aired but why bother?
No, I didn't. You misunderstood that post. I said that others are using them as useful idiots. That is not calling them idiots. It is a common idiom:

Definition of USEFUL IDIOT

You might be overly literalistic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My point is that there are ways to keep those jobs here in our nation so that more people have jobs here. Your statement indicates a lack of concern.
You are again mistaken. You stand corrected. Simple statement of fact.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I understood your post perfectly and responded to it appropriately.
No, you really did not since I did not name call in the sense that you accused me of doing so. I posted a link so that you can understand.

You have as much as said the same thing. For their purposes the violent rioters are using the peaceful protesters.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are again mistaken. You stand corrected. Simple statement of fact.
Good to know that you are capable of considering all possible solutions and evaluating each one to conclude that there is no possible solution now or in the future, now that is impressive.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good to know that you are capable of considering all possible solutions and evaluating each one to conclude that there is no possible solution now or in the future, now that is impressive.
Have not seen another better on that is realistic because Americans always choose cheap over American. Sad but true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Have not seen another better on that is realistic because Americans always choose cheap over American. Sad but true.
all problems have solutions if you are willing to work for them.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Japan is paying 87 companies to shift production back home or into Southeast Asia after the novel coronavirus pandemic disrupted supply chains and exposed an overreliance on Chinese manufacturing.

In March, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said the government wanted to bring production back home and diversify into Southeast Asia. The following month, the government set aside $2.2 billion in its coronavirus economic recovery package to subsidize that process.

It has now announced a list of companies that will benefit from the first round of subsidies, with 57 companies receiving a total of $535 million to open factories in Japan and 30 others paid to expand production in Vietnam, Myanmar, Thailand and other Southeast Asian countries.

China is Japan’s largest trading partner, but Japan’s Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) has been trying for several years to reduce the country’s dependence on its giant neighbor.

--

Seems a pretty straightforward plan.
China's not the problem. When is Japan going help America COVID-19 possible victims, escape? China's has done what they need to.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
China's not the problem. When is Japan going help America COVID-19 possible victims, escape? China's has done what they need to.
you are right or at least Biden thinks you are right about China not being a problem.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Standing up and being counted? What is that supposed to mean? Is it just some sort of macho bravado? Did he take some names while he was standing up and being counted?

Trump enacts tariff; China enacts tariff
Trump enacts another tariff; China enacts another tariff
Trump closes consulate; China closes consulate

Meanwhile, since there are more than two countries on the planet, Brazil has set records for its agricultural exports to China, and American farmers are going bankrupt at record levels.

I'll tak macho bravado for 500.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I wonder if getting out of TPP was Trumps biggest China blunder.

I'm not really familiar with the arguments against it. But on first glace it seems a Pacific rim trading bloc with all of China's south China sea rivals might have been a great idea thrown away.

Yep. That would've been nice, eh?

Pretty much every Western leader for the last 30 or so years. They've all acted as stooges for the neo-liberalists, capitalists, and globalists. Then people wonder why someone like Trump gets elected on a pro-jobs, pro-America ticket.

Trump got elected on a ticket of pandering to low-brow, mindless anger and nationalism. Hillary's comments about closing coal mines were (if you listen to the whole thing) about the need to protect people and train them for new jobs, but right-wingers crucified her for it. Attacking her for that wasn't being "pro jobs"; it was nostalgic denialism, just like most of the rest of the right wing platform.

Upvote 0