✟830,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Why was the Chinese consulate closed?

"Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said the US decision was taken because China was "stealing" intellectual property."

• Informative
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not when the person in error only makes vague claims. Or claims that he will not support himself. The Democrats could not find enough evidence to impeach Trump for having illegal ties with Russia. That does not make those claims a "hoax". In fact just because the Buffoon in Chief uses that term it does not make it okay for anyone to do so. That term is a charge itself and you took on a burden of proof when you used it. That puts the burden of proof on you.
We have already debated this, obviously you did not like the way that debate turned out.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am not the MSM. I am calling it stupid. That's my opinion.

The article stated the facts. Trump closed the consulate. China vowed retaliation. They have now done so by ordering the closure of a US consulate in China.

We didn't gain anything by closing the consulate. And we've lost something by losing our own consulate.

That's what I call stupid.
OK that is your opinion and my opinion is that doing something that sends a message to China that we are not going to just let you get away with anything you want to do, is not without value. Stupid would be letting China steal our secrets and doing nothing about it. Past administrations have emboldened China by failing to take any action.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
OK that is your opinion and my opinion is that doing something that sends a message to China that we are not going to just let you get away with anything you want to do, is not without value. Stupid would be letting China steal our secrets and doing nothing about it. Past administrations have emboldened China by failing to take any action.
Why not find a way to retaliate monetarily? What he did was largely pointless. Perhaps finding a way to give special trade status to some countries that rival China in the goods that we purchase. That is the sort of action that China sit up and think. Closing a consulate ends up with them closing one of ours. Nothing was accomplished.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Facts are facts. You either don't read well are are intentionally mischaracterizing the statement.

I'm not the one opposing raging American wages. American jobs go overseas due to cost. The primary cost being labor.
My point is that there are ways to keep those jobs here in our nation so that more people have jobs here. Your statement indicates a lack of concern.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not when the person in error only makes vague claims. Or claims that he will not support himself. The Democrats could not find enough evidence to impeach Trump for having illegal ties with Russia. That does not make those claims a "hoax". In fact just because the Buffoon in Chief uses that term it does not make it okay for anyone to do so. That term is a charge itself and you took on a burden of proof when you used it. That puts the burden of proof on you.
Strzok’s notes are the latest factual debunking of these stories, which were previously shown to be false with the release of Robert Mueller’s special counsel report finding no evidence whatsoever in support of the Hillary Clinton campaign assertion that Trump affiliates colluded with Russia to steal the 2016 election. A report from the Department of Justice Office of Inspector General on just one aspect of the investigation into Russia collusion — FBI spying on Trump campaign affiliates — also debunked these news reports.
FBI Notes Refute NYT Story, Highlight Media Collusion In Russia Hoax

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Strzok’s notes are the latest factual debunking of these stories, which were previously shown to be false with the release of Robert Mueller’s special counsel report finding no evidence whatsoever in support of the Hillary Clinton campaign assertion that Trump affiliates colluded with Russia to steal the 2016 election. A report from the Department of Justice Office of Inspector General on just one aspect of the investigation into Russia collusion — FBI spying on Trump campaign affiliates — also debunked these news reports.
FBI Notes Refute NYT Story, Highlight Media Collusion In Russia Hoax
I don't think that you understand what a "hoax" is. Yes, there does not appear to be any evidence of collusion. That does not make the belief of the Democrats a hoax. Trump fails when he uses improper terminology.

Did you find any evidence of a hoax? All that you found was evidence that the Democrats were wrong. That is not the same thing.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Fine think of it any way you like, people will make their own decisions.
I know. And people that can reason will see that Trump accomplished nothing and made a big deal of it. That only makes him look foolish. Tell me what did he accomplish in getting a consulate closed here and in China in retaliation? The Chinese walked away with less than a handslap. I proposed that he do something that would have an effect on China. The question is why doesn't Trump listen to his advisors. Or have all of the competent and honest ones been fired.

• Agree
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't think that you understand what a "hoax" is. Yes, there does not appear to be any evidence of collusion. That does not make the belief of the Democrats a hoax. Trump fails when he uses improper terminology.

Did you find any evidence of a hoax? All that you found was evidence that the Democrats were wrong. That is not the same thing.
Do you see the title of the article
New FBI Notes Re-Debunk Major NYT Story, Highlight Media Collusion To Produce Russia Hoax

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
  • Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know. And people that can reason will see that Trump accomplished nothing and made a big deal of it. That only makes him look foolish. Tell me what did he accomplish in getting a consulate closed here and in China in retaliation? The Chinese walked away with less than a handslap. I proposed that he do something that would have an effect on China. The question is why doesn't Trump listen to his advisors. Or have all of the competent and honest ones been fired.
I saw your proposal and I think you have a good idea. It may get to that point, right now they are just pushing each other, the fight has not started and likely wont.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I saw your proposal and I think you have a good idea. It may get to that point, right now they are just pushing each other, the fight has not started and likely wont.
I agree. Trump put on a pointless show for his base. They swallowed it hook line and sinker. That is all that he needs to do. But an honest person will admit that he did not accomplish anything.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So what? A far right questionable source uses the same terminology that Trump uses. What is that supposed to prove?

The Federalist - Media Bias/Fact Check

If you want to prove a hoax you need to start with a reliable source.
And of course the only reliable sources are liberal sources, I know how the game is played. Do you truly think that the NYT or CNN is going to cover this story, be serious.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree. Trump put on a pointless show for his base. They swallowed it hook line and sinker. That is all that he needs to do. But an honest person will admit that he did not accomplish anything.
well I am an honest person and I think he did accomplish at least putting China on notice.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
And of course the only reliable sources are liberal sources, I know how the game is played. Do you truly think that the NYT or CNN is going to cover this story, be serious.

Please, this is not honest.

But if you really do want to convince someone from the other side it is best to use sources from the left if you are arguing with someone from the left. Or from the right if you are arguing with someone from the right. CNN by the way is only slightly left. Though Trump has pushed them a bit farther left than they were before. They used to be almost dead center.

• Winner
Upvote 0